Game Thread | Habs vs. Islanders | 15/03/08

Cataclaw

While I agree that there is no controversy as to who our #1 goaltender is, I'm not a big fan of switching goalies after a shutout. A goalie should continue to start as long as he has a shutout streak going.

They dealt Huet not because of Halak. They dealt him because of Carey Price.

Halak will be rewarded with another start I am sure, it just won't be the next game.

The last thing Gainey and Carbo want is to mess with Price's head, Halak's head

and give the media something to run with.

I will be totally in shock if it is not Price against the Blues.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't it be nice if Price & Halak went on a shutout competition?

If these kids keep this up the whole East should be a little concerned

Wouldn't it be nice if Price & Halak went on a shutout competition?

You jinx'd them :(

Just kiddin, that would be verynice!

:ghg:

Well that was another nice win to be part of.

Jaro was great.

Markov was a star in the neutral zone breaking up plays and turning the puck up ice.

I enjoyed the new lines except for how lazy both Smoke and Ryder are.

Hamrlik is just awesome.

Higgins really need a lesson on how to SCORE.

Well that was another nice win to be part of.

Jaro was great.

Markov was a star in the neutral zone breaking up plays and turning the puck up ice.

I enjoyed the new lines except for how lazy both Smoke and Ryder are.

Hamrlik is just awesome.

Higgins really need a lesson on how to SCORE.

Really??

Smoke sucks, but I thought this was one of the best games Ryder has played this season. He was dominant on some of his shifts and aside from carrying the puck a bit too long in his "skate around the offensive zone until I lose it" type play, he created some scoring chances and could have a had one or two goals himself.

Ryder will break out of this massive slump by the time the playoffs hit if he continues this way. :)

Otherwise, one last coaster game to play (St.Louis) and then we hit the shit.

2 vs Bruins

2 vs Sens

2 vs Buff

2 vs Leafs

:puke:

Isn't hilarious how badly some Habs fans want a goalie controversy?!?! How about looking at it as two hungry young goalies playing well with a combined salary considerably less than Andrew "ride the pines" Raycroft. People need to embrace and revel in the fact that once again, we have two goalies that can play at a high level. Geezus people, if you need that much tawdry drama in your life start watching days of our lives :rolleyes:

Nice game Jaro! Go Habs Go!!!

Yeah, it's ridiculous how people think there's a controversy now. There isn't, Carbo already said that Price will get the next game.

They dealt Huet not because of Halak. They dealt him because of Carey Price.

Halak will be rewarded with another start I am sure, it just won't be the next game.

The last thing Gainey and Carbo want is to mess with Price's head, Halak's head

and give the media something to run with.

I will be totally in shock if it is not Price against the Blues.

They dealt Huet because of Halak as much as Price. Sure they thought Price was ready to take over the number one job (or at least more ready than Huet), but they wouldn't have gotten rid of their veteran back-up if they didn't know that Halak was ready to fill that role at least as well. Halak was the main reason I wasn't pissed about the Huet deal; the tandem before the deadline wasn't working too well and Halak deserved to get some starts with us.

As for this game, neither side played very well but our talent vs their talent is no contest. DiPietro was great, but Halak was ready to stand on his head as well when he was called upon. It was weird, after so many games with playoff atmospheres this one felt like it could have taken place in October. Our guys didn't look too sure of themselves for most of the game, maybe it was the completely new lines so late in the season. We definitely have to play better than that to beat good teams, but against the Islanders our superior skill was enough to earn us a victory.

As usual, I liked what I saw out of Grabovski. He has great vision, and his speed takes opponents by surprise. Ryder was good as well; he's looked like a different player recently, and he definitely caused problems in the offensive zone. Latendresse looked a little lost out there a lot of the time, but it was nice to see him score. And of course our top line was dominant.

I think that the Habs played alright last night. They got the ever important two points. Halak played a very good game. Two players who played ver good games that did nt get noticed were Ryder and Kostopoulos. They were hungry and were very good last night even if they did not get a point.

As good as Kovalev is this season he returned a bit to his old ways last night. I was not very happy. He was doing everything by himself. He did look good on some plays though, especially the goal.

Hamrlik had a very good game. He played well defensively and got the game winner.

Agree habsfan. Kosto and Ryder both played great games IMO. If Kosto played like that every game, he sould actually have some affect on the team.

Ryders 1st period was good but he stoped skating after that.

I saw him in the defensive zone just standing in the slot not moving at all for almost 20 seconds.

If these kids keep this up the whole East should be a little concerned

Me thinks you used the words a few playoff team GM's are thinking. Not seeing much of these two guys during the regular season is a minor PLUS for the Habs.

Hello boys. The Habs gave me a wonderful birthday present saturday night...a win with a shutout! Just perfect.

Let's not get too excited about this win. Had the Habs played against a better team...i don't think they would have walked away with the 2 points, but they did just enough to beat teh poor Islanders saturday.