Crazy goal on Toskala!

les_glorieux

In
video, Leafs' goalie Vesa Toskola gets scored on from 200 feet away. Pause the video at 1:01 to see the hidden message on his stick!

LOL

Maybe he thought he was following Sundin at the trade deadline. :)

Any goalie knows those things happen. Toskala played it pretty well, he could have been farther out, but he got his body in front of it. Took a weird bounce to the left at the end, not his fault at all. As for Raycroft, sure, he would have stopped it...then allowed 7 others in :lol:

Edited by Fat Tony

He did look stupid but the Leafs won the game so it was a non factor. I think the Cloutier blunder in 02 was worse.

Remember Phillips last year ??

For some odd reasons Montreal hockey sticks are Finn owned. Teppo numinen is a major partner in the company if not the only owner.

Edited by marky_and_komi

After i mad fun of Toskala a bit to the Leafs fans thay replied by saying "any goalie would have let the one in. It was just a bad bounce."

BS- Come on it was a bad bounce but Toskala still should of had it.

Stupid Leafs fans.

I want my 44 seconds back...

Really! If anyone thought Tosk looked stupid on that goal, just watch that fan...she'd make ANYONE look like Albert Einstein...no wonder it's so easy for the Leafs to fool their fans in to believing Toronto has an NHL team :lol:

BS- Come on it was a bad bounce but Toskala still should of had it.

Stupid Leafs fans.

I totally disagree, it was a flukey bounce right in front of him. Fluke meaning that was the kind of goal that eludes a goalie once a decade at most. Bottom line, it's a funny sidebar but a complete non-issue as it had no impact on the outcome of the game. Anyone who knows hockey knows that Toskala is a much better goalie than that 1 flukey shot (even though he's a Leaf) and that goal has no impact on him...he's laughing at it because it was a fluke and it's over.

Reminds me of Talbot's goal on Nittymääkii (sp?) a couple years ago when Talbot scored from the redline.

Toskala should have moved closer to where the puck bounced. That way it could have never gotten past him no matter how weird the bounce was.

Reminds me of Talbot's goal on Nittymääkii (sp?) a couple years ago when Talbot scored from the redline.

Toskala should have moved closer to where the puck bounced. That way it could have never gotten past him no matter how weird the bounce was.

:lol:

That was hilarious even for us flyers fans. well, not at the time because that capped off a 3 goal comeback, but he was just chilling there with his arm on the cross bar not even paying attention and it went right in haha.

These things happen.

I'd just end it with that but being a Canucks fan, nothing will ever be worse than that Cloutier mess up. That lost us the frikkin series and helped Detroit win the Cup.... :unsure:

These things happen, but I was never scored on from the other side of centre ice. I had a bad bounce from just my side of centre beat me five whole. i was in peewee.

These goals always look worse than they are. The puck too a strange bounce, it'll happen once or twice to almost every goalie during the span of their careers.

I remember the goal on Theo were he went to play the puck whn it was getting cleared by the other team out of there end and it took a wierd bounce off the boards into Theo's net.