Habs vs. Flyers | Game Thread | Game 2

Fanpuck33

The boys played fantastic tonight.

I thought they looked rather uninspired the last ten minutes of the first and most of the second period. They started with their foot on the pedal in the first, but took it off and then didn't put it back on till the third.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't expect to see him back. Those spinning logos I use are from his old (i.e. pre lockout) game threads, and when he noticed I was using them, he deleted them from his PhotoBucket account. Thankfully, I tracked down the originals. Apparently he thinks it's ok for him to copy forecaster's data and post it here, but not for me to use "his" gif.

Well, then I guess you get the call again!

1-2 record with OB in the lineup. 5-3 with Breezer.

;)

Breez definitly needed the rest though.

And I didn't think OB had a bad game.

Our 4th line needs some changes. Laps and Dandy have been invisible the entire playoffs.

Price has not been great the last two games. The Habs dominated the game last night and if Price was on his game, we would have won. I hope he can bounce back on Monday.

Markov has been poor in the D zone all playoffs long. What is going on with him?

Komisarek needs to rediscover his mean streak and start laying bodies out on the ice.

Game three is a huge game.

Am I the only one thinking that our D have sucked badly in both games? We never win the boardbattles in our own end and when we finally do we throw the puck right at a flyer and they nail us shut in our own end again. I saw several times that we had 2 players against 1 flyer and they still won the puck almost all the times. Dont blame all on Price even if he shouldve saved 1 or 2 goals because its not easy for him to position when the puck is flying all over our own zone and allways ends up a shot from flyer players. We need to get the puck back alot quicker and get it under control.

Agreed, maybe it's time the TEAM as a whole steps up and plays better in front of Price, he's done his part to date........sure he's had a couple of "average" games BUT some of our guys have been INVISIBLE.......... unless you count standing around not going hard for the loose pucks, forechecking/backchecking etc....... ya know paying the PRICE.

The PP's all but evaporated, the coverage in our own end is PATHETIC, 5 guys look like they've never played with each other scrambling watching the puck........ and the D need to stop backing in and play the man at the blueline! The Bruins and now the Flyers gain our zone too easy, which leads to our scrambly play. If they aren't in our zone it's pretty hard for them to score..........

Maybe the D are afraid of making a mistake that costs us a game, playing cautious but we need to be more agressive

And to our goal scorers.............HIT the OPEN NET, or at least make Biron stretch/move to make a save we either are hitting him square in the chest, or missing the net.... I know he made a couple good saves last game, but he's also SHAKEY when he's out playing the puck. Maybe we should be dumping it in/near the net while we have 1-2 guys going hard to the net so he has to play the puck

Edited by kenadian

I'm not as down as some of you girls. I think we outplayed the Flyers and the bounces will hopefully start going our way.

36-23 in shots, Biron clearly robbed us. Our powerplay looked good, Hopefully Price's wrist is o.k after that slash on the fourth goal....we'll bounce back. Kovalev looked a little flat and uninterested when he lost the puck, but he'll snap out of it.

Hey!! JMMR. I looked for the " anyone else starting to worry about Pleks?'' thread we used during his last slump. It seemed to pull him out of it, but you closed it until the next time it was needed.

Well I think we need it to help our little sister out!!!!! Please re-open.

Let's rally boys and take both games in Philli..... I think our record there is pretty good.

Let's get Pleks out of his Slump!!!!!!!