-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

I noticed this thread was missing from the Lounge, so I figured I'd give it a well-deserved bump.

Now, to keep my post on topic, I would like to annouce that Placebo has become one of my new favourite bands! :D

I was never that focused on that band, only know the number Pure Morning from the 90's. But i saw them recently at the Pinkpop Festival in Holland, and it was quite a good performance. I'm not a big fan now, but i enjoyed myself. Unfortunately they didnt play Pure Morning!

Now, to keep my post on topic, I would like to annouce that Placebo has become one of my new favourite bands! :D

Does this mean we'll know if the lead singer's hair style changes?

:P

VAST is making a comeback on my playlists, as well as Beck.

Seriously, Beck is the man. I would have his man babies.

Does this mean we'll know if the lead singer's hair style changes?

:P

VAST is making a comeback on my playlists, as well as Beck.

Seriously, Beck is the man. I would have his man babies.

Are you referring to Jonne Aaron of Negative whose pictures I posted previously? Or to Brian Molko of Placebo?

I noticed this thread was missing from the Lounge, so I figured I'd give it a well-deserved bump.

My sister was at a Placebo concert and caught the guys pick. I like The Bitter End and that song there with the funny lyrics. What's it called again?

"A friend in need's a friend indeed,

a friend with weed is better..."

Yeah, I'm warning you guys that the new AFI CD Decemberundrground isn't the greatest. After Miss Murder there's a few good songs but nothing special. You're much better off with The Art of Drowning or especially Sing the Sorrow,. I own all 3.

Oh, and the Mobile CD sucks ass. I got it on my birthday with First Impressions of Earth (The STrokes) which is now my runaway favourite CD. I recommend it to everyone who doesn't have ADD.

My sister was at a Placebo concert and caught the guys pick. I like The Bitter End and that song there with the funny lyrics. What's it called again?

I officially hate your sister... :angry:

I don't mind the Bitter End, but in my opinion Sleeping with Ghosts is their worst album. The song you're thinking of is Pure Morning, which has an excellent video!

Yeah, I'm warning you guys that the new AFI CD Decemberundrground isn't the greatest. After Miss Murder there's a few good songs but nothing special. You're much better off with The Art of Drowning or especially Sing the Sorrow,. I own all 3.

Oh, and the Mobile CD sucks ass. I got it on my birthday with First Impressions of Earth (The STrokes) which is now my runaway favourite CD. I recommend it to everyone who doesn't have ADD.

I was wondering if Decemberunderground was any good. I was just gonna download it anyway. I want to pick up Billy Talent's new CD.

Are you referring to Jonne Aaron of Negative whose pictures I posted previously? Or to Brian Molko of Placebo?

NOW I'm referring to Brian Molko.

Unless Jonne has changed his hair again. Then I think we could certainly use an update.

Be sure to pm it straight to jetsniper as well.

Unless Jonne has changed his hair again. Then I think we could certainly use an update.

Curse you Trizzak!

CUUUURRRSSSSEEEE YOUUUUUUUUUUU!

Here's the Jonne Aaron update: http://forums.habsworld.net/index.php?show...4791&st=340

Promo photo of Brian Molko from their latest album Meds which was released this spring:

meds_3way_150.jpg

I've gone on a recent softer-streak, listening to the following bands:

-

- Jose Gonzalez

-

- Emiliana Torrini

- Beth Orton

- The Mountain Goats

-

Anyone else know them? (Sorry if the quality ain't that good)

Edited by TheAussiePosse

Damn you, he actually listened to you. Now I've got an assload amount of pictures of that...."dude".

CUUUUURRRRSEEEE YOOOOUUUUUUUU!

-

- Jose Gonzalez

-

Yeah those are great, the other three are not familiar to me.(i know the band "Tv on the radio" only by name)

One of the best songs this year will be the Jose Gonzalez song for the Sony commercial. That video was taken once, in San Francisco i believe. Those balls are real,no video editing. It's just so impressive!

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Yeah those are great, the other three are not familiar to me.(i know the band "Tv on the radio" only by name)

One of the best songs this year will be the Jose Gonzalez song for the Sony commercial. That video was taken once, in San Francisco i believe. Those balls are real,no video editing. It's just so impressive!

Considering I have no idea what you're talking about, you have no idea how wrong that sounds. :P

-

- Jose Gonzalez

-

- Emiliana Torrini

- Beth Orton

- The Mountain Goats

-

The only one I've heard of is Belle & Sebastien, although I'm not too familar with them.

Damn you, he actually listened to you. Now I've got an assload amount of pictures of that...."dude".

CUUUUURRRRSEEEE YOOOOUUUUUUUU!

It's okay Jets, we all know that deep down inside, you're actually enjoying them. You're simply in denial. :D

Arrggghhh, can someone help me out with a music video? I feel horrible that I can't remember the band or the title of the song, but I recall it being played lots a few (four or five) years ago. Anyways, in the video there was like an orchestra or something and there was an androgynous-like violin player with glasses who kept running around and whatnot. The song itself was kind of Bittersweet Symphony-esque. I want to say Moby, but I'm 99.999% sure it wasn't him. Anyways, if someone could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Ahhh, the song is "The Other Man" by Sloan.

Edited by dark_faerie87

oo music thread

I have to admit than.. I like Céline Dion

*gets kicked out of thread*