-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

• 2 weeks later...

if any of you want s to try a good french band go for LES VULGAIRES MACHINS..they just released their 3rd album.

on a lighter note, there' a french band called:les Dale Hawerchuck..not bad!!

The 90's were great for Rap and Hiphop. @ that time i was a big rap/hiphop fan, some good oldskool stuff (yes the 80's had were also very good, but i was to young then). I still listen to some stuff of the 90's but nowadays it's not so great anymore. It's all about bling musicclips and the women in it. (exceptions there) I really lost interest in the rap scene!

I find that because of all the commercial rappers rap has begun to gain a bad reputation as "gangsta" and "bling bling" and other crap like that. But some of those guys from the 90s are still here and there is still tons of good stuff. Don't lose intrest just immerse yourself in the underground artists when you want to here the real hip hop. I'd be glad to make some recomendations if your intrested.

I find that because of all the commercial rappers rap has begun to gain a bad reputation as "gangsta" and "bling bling" and other crap like that. But some of those guys from the 90s are still here and there is still tons of good stuff. Don't lose intrest just immerse yourself in the underground artists when you want to here the real hip hop. I'd be glad to make some recomendations if your intrested.

I know, i still listen to the 90's songs, but also to artist that were big than but still make music. But i have to say that my taste also changed a bit over the years. Rap/HipHop is not that much my thing anymore. Now and than i listen to it. But i just commended on the "big stars" now, as they make pure crap. But your absolutely right, there are many many great artist.

Tomorrow I'll go to Barcelona to see PEARL JAM live.

I heared the rocked in Holland, the show was superb. Unfortunately i couldnt be there as i was in Paris. There i went to the "Rock en Seine" Festival. Where i saw Editors/Dead 60's and Radiohead. But the most surprising act was "Xavier Rudd" , this Dude just rocks. Australian Surf dude makes music with his Didgeridoo/Guitar/Bongo's and more. He is the only one on stage, but plays all the instruiments, and if he finds time, he sings also. Great stuff!

• 3 weeks later...

I've fallen in love with a new artist named Regina Spektor (anglicised to Spectre in some parts of America).

She's a Russian Jew who came to the US in the Perestroika & Glasnost years (90s).

Her sound could be described as the love child of Ben Folds and Emiliana Torrini. Beautiful piano, soft voice, but speaks candidly of everything.

I have tickets to 3 concerts. A Scottish band called Snow Patrol (dunno if they are well known in north america,i know some of their music was in tv series), the other is a brittish band calles "The Kooks", very good band. Their debute album really sounds freaking good. The last one is to a band i've seen before, but they are just great: Mando Diao, from Sweden.

I just finished winning several CDs on eBay.

I had to replace my "Best of the Kinks" & "Best of Steppenwolf" and a few others after they got stolen from my car about a month ago. :(

I also won a box set of four PEARLS BEFORE SWINE albums and another two-in-one CD of their 1st two albums. :)

Now, I just won four CDs of blues by Darrell Mansfield. GREAT STUFF! :):):):)

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I could totally kick his ass.

My brother in law went to the Chili Pepper's concert last night but he said that where he was sitting, he couldn't hear Kiedis at all. Talk about a waste of money, that would suck.

They ended a festival i went to this summer, and i was somewhere half the field, and couldnt hear it very good also. I have no idea whats the problem with the sound all of a sudden.

Couple of years back i saw them in the Amsterdam Arena and the volume was good ( thats all cuz the Arena sucks for concerts,echo in the corners)

I've fallen in love with a new artist named Regina Spektor (anglicised to Spectre in some parts of America).

She's a Russian Jew who came to the US in the Perestroika & Glasnost years (90s).

Her sound could be described as the love child of Ben Folds and Emiliana Torrini. Beautiful piano, soft voice, but speaks candidly of everything.

Oooohh! Sounds very cool! I'll have to check her out once I get my own internet connection again.

• 2 weeks later...