-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

In todays jukebox:

ARNO (Nouvel Album), Jus De Box

speaking of 'en tournée', an 'old' group called HARMONIUM had an album called 'en tournée'... it's fantastic... even allmusic.com loves it (4 1/2 stars)...

i've got all of their stuff, all four albums they put out... great stuff

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&a...ze5m967o3ep6~T1

GO :hlogo: GO!

speaking of 'en tournée', an 'old' group called HARMONIUM had an album called 'en tournée'... it's fantastic... even allmusic.com loves it (4 1/2 stars)...

Harmonium is the best( talent wise) to hail from québec. I love that band!!

Cornelis Vreeswijk - Lasse Liten Blues

B) My favorite Corenlis song. ^_^

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

Audioslave is no more. Chris Cornell has quit.

And Rage Against The Machine is getting back together.

*happy dance*

So Chris Cornell quiting has made me sad and RATM getting back together made me even sadder.

Thanks a lot, Triz

I like Chris Cornell (and Soundgarden), I like Audioslave, I like RATM, all in their own rights. But I only have the first Audioslave album.

I don't know what to think of this. Or perhaps I should say that I don't know whether I should think anything about it at all. It was fun while it lasted, when rumors began to surface that Cornell and the guys from RATM were forming a band together I thought it was an idea worth testing. And I did like the results.

But I am also not surprised that they are now breaking up.

Meanwhile, in a different part of the universe:

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Strip My Mind

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

I liked that song very much.

But now you have me a little confused. Just him making one solo thing is not the same as the band breaking up.

I disagree. Not about this specific case (I know nothing about the situation Audioslave is in so your guess is as good as mine, probably better), but generally speaking I don't think it has to mean anything at all. It can, of course, but definitely not always.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

Usually though thats how big bands break up. Someone in the group starts to get bigger then the group and wanted to go solo or start some other side project. If the guys or gals in the group don't let that person do their own thing and say 'no you have to stay with us' the band breaks up.

The bands that stay together the longest allow each other to have freedom. (hence bands like U2 stay around forever)

Actually, U2 used to have a LOT of friction, mostly in the early 90s, during the recording of Achtung. It's how the song "One" came about. Edge and Bono wanted to do one thing while Larry and Adam wanted to do another which ended up in a really odd, experimental album. They worked through it though and ended up with one of Rock's greatest albums ever.

Shows how truly awesome U2 is.

Audioslave is no more. Chris Cornell has quit.

And Rage Against The Machine is getting back together.

*happy dance*

:clap: Audioslave had some good songs, but most of their stuff wasn't very good. I don't like Rage's political stances, but their music is good.

Listening to the new single from Bloc Party's latest CD, A Weekend In The City. Song's called I Still Remember.

Hoping to actually go pick up the CD sometime soon, it came out today. :D

Well i had that album for 3 months now :), its good. Totally different from the first album, that had some more faster numbers like "Helicopter", "Staying Fat" and "Banquet" , songs i really love.

But the second single is better than the first...

Well i had that album for 3 months now :), its good. Totally different from the first album, that had some more faster numbers like "Helicopter", "Staying Fat" and "Banquet" , songs i really love.

But the second single is better than the first...

The quality of that leak was crap though, I never bothered with it.

I Still Remember is the second single, it's the first American single but second UK single. First one was The Prayer, I think.