-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

God awful. Just god awful.

I've said this for years and no its specially the case. Rap/hip hop is at its pax romana music wise much like hair metal of the eighties. Then Nirvana came around stabbed hair metal to death, slowly. And rap took its place. Sooner or later some movement most likely in the rock genre will come out of nowhere and just kill the beast if you will.

or it will go the way of the disco music which actually got rap/hip hop its start. Mass revolt.

30 years of constructive melancholy - pearls before swine...

fine cd... fine cd...

GO :hlogo: GO!

the 13th of May "Mando Diao" will play in Montreal, @ the "Petite Campus" you guys should check it out. They really rock, Sweden's best band atm!!

They day before that they will play in Toronto @ Horseshoe Tavern!

If you got the time and you like Garage rock, you gotte see them..

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Bill Evans - Danny Boy

Jason Moran Trio - Yojimbo

John Coltrane - My Favorite Things

These are a few of my favorite things. B)

Am I the only one here who listens to jazz? :unsure:

Seeing that Arcade Fire is so popular on these boards, I figured I'd check them out. After listening to a couple songs, I have to say I'm not that impressed. They'd have their moments from time to time, but they failed to hold my attention for the duration of an entire song. Just not my kind of music I guess.

T'as raison, c'est une bonne chanson ;)

Merci Dutchie.

tres bonne chanson !!

monty python's great: LIFE OF BRIAN.

what a good movie it was. just can't imagine how the critics were when it came out.

Edited by marky_and_komi

this morning, i listened to CIRCLE SLIDE by the choir in my class... it's considered a very good album but, for me, only the 1st and last songs really do it...

i never was a great bowie fan... there was so much more around there at the time and as the years continued that i never felt the need to get into his music...

the one song that i enjoyed listening but have since forgotten (lasting impression... non?) was that song with the video with the girl on the beach... whatever that song was...

i was also interested but not really amazed by the jagger/bowie collaboration a while ago... again, no real lasting impression (i think it was a motown song or a cover of an american black song...)

Songs I have of Bowie on my itunes are:

Under Pressure with Queen

Space Oddity

The Man Who Sold the World

Life on Mars?

Rebel Rebel

Changes

Good songs - if you really like them you should investigate the full albums from some of his old days. Very good stuff.

I also highly recommend his later album Let's Dance (later, yet still over 25 years old!). The title track, Modern Love, China Girl, and a scorching song called Cat People ("Putting out fire with gasoline"). Also features some fine playing by a then-little-known guitarist named Stevie Ray Vaughn. SRV and Bowie make an odd pairing, no? But great results.

i never was a great bowie fan... there was so much more around there at the time and as the years continued that i never felt the need to get into his music...

the one song that i enjoyed listening but have since forgotten (lasting impression... non?) was that song with the video with the girl on the beach... whatever that song was...

i was also interested but not really amazed by the jagger/bowie collaboration a while ago... again, no real lasting impression (i think it was a motown song or a cover of an american black song...)

David Bowie = God.

'Nuff said.

Good songs - if you really like them you should investigate the full albums from some of his old days. Very good stuff.

I also highly recommend his later album Let's Dance (later, yet still over 25 years old!). The title track, Modern Love, China Girl, and a scorching song called Cat People ("Putting out fire with gasoline"). Also features some fine playing by a then-little-known guitarist named Stevie Ray Vaughn. SRV and Bowie make an odd pairing, no? But great results.

Yeah, my favourite albums are from around his Ziggy Stardust days and Let's Dance. I haven't had a chance yet to check out his more recent efforts though.

"OH,MAKE LOVE TO ME, ZIGGY STARDUST!

I take you home, I make you fish bowel soup! Fish bowel! "

:D

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...eoid=1405257268

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol: See we actually like the same artist for once. B)

I would have to beat you with a stick if you didn't like Bowie. :P

I love that scene so much.

"Thank you Tricia for setting your people back a thousand years"

:lol:

As for Bowie, never was fan. I don't hate his music but I haven't liked what I've heard. I'm really good at Ziggy Stardust on Guitar Hero though. :D

I love that scene so much.

"Thank you Tricia for setting your people back a thousand years"

:lol:

As for Bowie, never was fan. I don't hate his music but I haven't liked what I've heard. I'm really good at Ziggy Stardust on Guitar Hero though. :D

<_<

Let me send you some songs...