-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

U2 rules.

They're like, the family band. Aunts, uncles, sister, cousins. Everyone is a massive U2 fan in my family, it's awesome.

sweet!

yeah I was late to the party discovering music. Bought my first cd during my freshman year in high school it was all that you can leave behind. Then over a period of 6 years I bought all of their albums.

in order of purchase:

All that you can leave behind: beautiful day,

How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb- vertigo, miracle drug, city of blinding lights, Original Species, Sometimes you can't make it on your own, Crumbs from your table, A man and a woman

All that you can leave behind- Beautiful Day, Stuck in a moment you can't get out of, Elevation, Walk On, Peace on Earth, When I Look at the World, New York

1990-2000- Staring at the Sun (new mix), Electrical Storm (William Orbit mix), Dirty Day [junk day] mix, Hands that built America, Lady with the Spinning Head (extended dance mix), Your Blue Room, Miss Sarajevo, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me

Pop- discotheque, do u feel loved, mofo, wake up dead man

Zooropa- Zooropa (its all ad slogans, freaking brilliant), baby face (about obsession), lemon (because I just can't explain it), Stay (Faraway So Close!) quite possibly the most underrated U2 song ever

Achtung Baby- zoo station (love the fact the song basically says this ain't the U2 you are used to), Even better then the real thing, until the end of the world, Who's going to ride your wild horses, the fly, tryin to throw your arms around the world, ultraviolet (light my way), acrobat (the anti-televangelist song), love is blindness (the song about Irish terrorism)

1980-1990- Sweetest Thing

Rattle and Hum- All I Want is You

Joshua Tree- streets, haven't found and with or with out are too easy (quite possibly the best 3 songs to start an album ever) my personal favourites are the cocaine addict song Running to Stand Still, Red Hill mining town, God's Country

War- sunday bloody sunday, drowning man, "40"

Unforgettable Fire- favourite song- sort of a homecoming, pride, bad

October- October, Gloria

Boy- I will follow, shadows and tall trees

new album is suppose to come out either the end of this year or '08. Its going to be more melody driven according to Bono.

u2's not my favourite but they certainly stand out as one of THE bands of my life... i've been following them since 'october' & 'war' (though mostly the latter)...

i remember seeing a newsclip about them on tv back around the time of october/war and the comments were that this was an up & coming band... somewhat of an understatement...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Can someone recommend some good Sinatra albums? I've got a great character in my head and would love some good jazz to help the creative juices start flowing.

why don't you go safe and buy the best of sinatra. It has some great songs in there.

he sings "something stupid" whit his daughter Nancy. so far its the best version of the song I,ve heard

Chris Cornell - You Know My Name - I just can't get enough of this song!

Björk - You Only Live Twice - great cover.

B)

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

Iv'e been listening to alot of Bloodhound Gang lately, they are really great. They have some really funny lyrics, It kinda akward when my parents walk into a room and im listening to them. Phrases such as "I want to eat your butt" arent funny to my parents :P