Habs @ Washington

simonus

The boys have been showing up recently and hopefully they can start to put a string of wins together.

Tanguay Out

Latendresse In

Gorges In

Kostopoulos on the first line (to start the game at least)

HALAK is in nets

Mike Green is on Injured Reserve

Semin is Out

Fedorov is Out

and Pothier is totally Out

... and Jose Theodore is goaltending for the Capitals. Theo has been suck for the Caps this season with a .885 SV%, and even worse recently with an almost 4GAA over his last 4 starts. Last time he played against Montreal (2006), he gave up 8 goals... considering that Ovechkin has started to fill the net again, it would be really nice of Jose to do that again.

So who can win the race? Can Ovechkin score more goals than Theo gives up? Tune in at 7 to find out!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the Habs lighting up Theo with the AVS a few years back for like 8 goals if I remember correctly.

Points night for the Habs.

And Rivet lighting him up on a breakaway to give the Habs the lead!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/boxscore;_ylt=...?gid=2006102110

well I guess that will be it for the cube back to hamilton

You know what, i'll bet you are kidding, but i for one would be very happy if the Cube was shipped out to Hamilton. I know he plays with heart, but i've been saying for the last few years, he make many mistakes including turning the puck over on many occasions or getting beat in his own end because he does not have the size to handle lotsa forwards.

I'll be very happy when i no longer see the Cube in a Habs uniform.

Boo boo made a boo boo... you can't force that play.. just ring it around the boards and get it out....

I hope he does not see the ice again tonite and Carbo keeps his ass on the bench. We got on O'byrne, but there are no excuses for Bouillon as he is a vet.

Hopefully the Habs can get that one back.

On a side note it's pretty pathetic when the Habs have only 6 shots and half are by Lapierre and Begin.

I hope he does not see the ice again tonite and Carbo keeps his ass on the bench. We got on O'byrne, but there are no excuses for Bouillon as he is a vet.

He already has played, and he has to play. If you sit him the rest of the game, then you're playing with 5 D-men, one of whom is O'Byrne. You're not gonna win like that.

To all the Lats bashers out there, he was the most impressive Hab that period. That one shift he had early was fantastic.

He already has played, and he has to play. If you sit him the rest of the game, then you're playing with 5 D-men, one of whom is O'Byrne. You're not gonna win like that.

To all the Lats bashers out there, he was the most impressive habs that period. That one shift he had early was fantastic.

I agree with you on Lats.

However i am not and haven't been a fan of the Cube. Too many times to count how i have cursed his name for bad giveaways or not looking after his man in front of the net.

You can't bench a guy for a mistake. You make him go out and redeem himself. You bench a guy for a lack of effort, imo.

I saw about 20 mistakes that period, most didn't end up in our net. That is the problem for goalies and defensemen, their mistakes are more visible and draw a lot of ire...

I am more concerned with the inability of this team to generate offensive chances and shots on goal. They are starting to over pass again instead of keeping it simple.

Much better period for the Habs, as most of the play seemed like it was in the Caps zone. Puck just wasn't bouncing the Habs way.

Still another terrible giveaway by O'byrne and it seems like the Habs D-men have trouble making a tape-to-tape pass to a forward. Markov and sometimes Gorges are about the only ones who make a good outlet pass lately.

Cmon Habs, get a couple in the 3rd.