Gainey confirms Lecavalier trade talks happened

KoZed

That would explain alot if it's true.

Didn't they get rid of Ribs and Theo based on the same type of rumor?

Yeah, it's interesting. He said he never once picked up the phone to call Lawton and that all the offers we've been hearing have been coming from Tampa.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hockey/20...ux-bulldogs.php

While commenting the acquisition of Schneider, Gainey said they had him in their sight in November, but the Lecavalier trade talks changed the plans.

Gainey then added that it was the Lightning who wanted to "talk about some names", not the Habs.

Which, of course, makes the Tampa management giant liars and leaves them with zero credibility.

What happened according to many hockey people was that it was either going to take Markov or a signed Komi, and that's where it ended. Good call by Bob. :clap:

Agreed! As much as I'd love to see Vinny in the red-white-Blue, I don't think giving up Markov or Komisarek is a step in the right direction!

Agreed! As much as I'd love to see Vinny in the red-white-Blue, I don't think giving up Markov or Komisarek is a step in the right direction!

unless we sign JayBou.

^_^

I know this isn't EA.

but ...

we sign JayBou this summer... then trade whoever komi or markov for vinny... :hlogo:

wow

unless we sign JayBou.

^_^

I know this isn't EA.

but ...

we sign JayBou this summer... then trade whoever komi or markov for vinny... :hlogo:

wow

Interesting! Very Interesting! ;)

Sure...past experience shows that UFAs are beating the door down to play in Montreal. Especially after a disastrous season like this one is shaping up to be... :rolleyes:

Let's face it, the Habs would be extremely unwise to work from any strategy that needs a key UFA signing to make it work. We are much wise to focus on signing key UFAs/RFAs from within the organization. Plus, it would take more than Markov to bag Lcavalier; AND we need to factor in Vinny's ridiculous contract before going ga-ga over the idea of acquiring him.

In short, I'm not holding my breath for Vinny, nor am I losing sleep over the idea of *not* acquiring him.

After Gainey basically called Lawton a liar in public, I doubt they would be willing to work out a deal any time soon. The only possibility that we can hope for is that Vinny gets upset over the fact that he was being shopped and then lied to about it and asks for a trade.

After Gainey basically called Lawton a liar in public, I doubt they would be willing to work out a deal any time soon.

Lawton is a rookie GM, he had Gainey as a coach in Minnesota. He better take it as an old vet giving him a hard-earned lesson and then move on. In the end, business is business.

I guess that's how we can tell who real Habs fans are.

Wows thats so constructive. Thanks for adding some usefull to the conversation. Thankfully you only have a few hundred posts

My point is that Lecavalier wouldn't want to join this team, thats in such dissaray. Too much negativity surrounding it. NO way he waved his NTC to come here right now

Wows thats so constructive. Thanks for adding some usefull to the conversation. Thankfully you only have a few hundred posts

My point is that Lecavalier wouldn't want to join this team, thats in such dissaray. Too much negativity surrounding it. NO way he waved his NTC to come here right now

I agree with you saying Lecavalier wouldn't want to come here now, but not because the team is in such disarray. His situation is not any better in Tampa the last few years.

It's The media

The fans

Guy Lafleur

ETC......

Some of the crap we are hearing about Kovy and Russian newspapers, Cocaine, drinking, partying, Lafleur calling Gainey and Carbo out........

All endless lies and blown up stories. Who the hell wants to play in a city where everything is under a microscope. Media waiting outside your front door to ask you

What's wrong?, Has Carbo lost the room? Are your skates sharp enough? We saw a picture of Cary smoking, does he smoke? How big is Plex stick?, what's the dressing room smell like after a game?

Too much bullcrap from the outside..........That is why Vinny doesn't want to be here thank-you very much, or anyone else for that matter.

Edited by HABBER-oooooKNOWS

I agree with you saying Lecavalier wouldn't want to come here now, but not because the team is in such disarray. His situation is not any better in Tampa the last few years.

It's The media

The fans

Guy Lafleur

ETC......

Some of the crap we are hearing about Kovy and Russian newspapers, Cocaine, drinking, partying, Lafleur calling Gainey and Carbo out........

All endless lies and blown up stories. Who the hell wants to play in a city where everything is under a microscope. Media waiting outside your front door to ask you

What's wrong?, Has Carbo lost the room? Are your skates sharp enough? We saw a picture of Cary smoking, does he smoke? How big is Plex stick?, what's the dressing room smell like after a game?

Too much bullcrap from the outside..........That is why Vinny doesn't want to be here thank-you very much, or anyone else for that matter.

Some people thrive when they are the centre of attention like that.

Ovechkin would love the atmosphere here.

Darren Dreger said recently (might have been before the slump) that if Lecavalier were to leave Tampa, Montreal would be his number one choice.

Constructive? Lately all you've been doing is going around from thread to thread calling the Habs sh*t in any way you can. The worst part is is that everything you say is almost completely unfounded. If you think the Habs are so shitty, I can link you to a Bruins forum if you would rather go there.

Also, if you judge intelligence based on post count, you are only proving my point further.

Gainey talking a little about teh schneider and Lecavalier deals

Link

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=267949&amp...s=topStory_main

Gainey Said

" While explaining the Schneider deal on Wednesday, Gainey admitted it almost did not happen because of brief talks with the Tampa Bay Lightning about Lecavalier. He told the Globe and Mail that Chris Higgins, Josh Gorges and P.K. Subban were names that came up in talks with the Lightning. "

What kinda deal where they talking abouat that only Higgins, Gorges, and Subbans name came up for Lecavalier? There must have been more. Why isn't Bob mentioning other players?

Thats an interesting point.

I read another article where Bob said the names were brought up by Tampa Bay people and not him. Maybe they were fishing to see how far Bob would go to get the player they want.