What the Canadiens need

matsnaslundsuperfn

What the Canadiens need, a chaplain

or

What the Canadiens need, a captain

Don't get me wrong, I respect Koivu for plenty of reasons, but maybe he wasn't as aware as he should have been about what was happening; or maybe he didn't send a message that it wasn't acceptable behavior? I wish I could imagine Saku standing up and laying down the law with the team, but I can't...

Question: Does a team captain bear some of the responsibility in matters of players' discipline and off-ice behavior?

What this team needs is a bomb to drop that will destroy all of the little cliques. If Koivu was able to come to a couple of players "to lay down the law" with the entire team standing behind him then you would see a change.

I believe Koivu has his own little clique and the backing of that is not enough.

Drop the cliques and become a family.

Couldn't hurt. At the very least, the more time spent at church, the less time to get into trouble.

Just a word of caution on this thread, tread carefully. We don't want to get into a religious debate here.

You'd be surprised how much trouble u can get into while in Church. I don't know what the priests in QC are like, but the priest in my village has a glass eye (long story), done time for drug traffiking and he's also the biggest pimp in town. Funny thing is I'm not kidding either..

What the Canadiens need, a chaplain

or

What the Canadiens need, a captain

Don't get me wrong, I respect Koivu for plenty of reasons, but maybe he wasn't as aware as he should have been about what was happening; or maybe he didn't send a message that it wasn't acceptable behavior? I wish I could imagine Saku standing up and laying down the law with the team, but I can't...

Question: Does a team captain bear some of the responsibility in matters of players' discipline and off-ice behavior?

and I don't think he has been tucking them in a night and reading their bed time story to them. Cmon they are paid pros they need to grow up or get real jobs. Saku is paid to play hockey not baby sit. He provides one hell of an example of being a pro, and that is about all he can do. As we saw with him and grabofffsky (whiney pos) he has the respect of the room. The habs have other people to keep an eye on the punks in the room. Saku should get no blame here.

and I don't think he has been tucking them in a night and reading their bed time story to them. Cmon they are paid pros they need to grow up or get real jobs. Saku is paid to play hockey not baby sit. He provides one hell of an example of being a pro, and that is about all he can do. As we saw with him and grabofffsky (whiney pos) he has the respect of the room. The habs have other people to keep an eye on the punks in the room. Saku should get no blame here.

I don't blame Saku for the Titz Bros. behaviour off-ice....I blame him for being a meek captain who can't take his team by the throat and fire them up at the rink. This team needs a very vocal and fiery captain...a Messier type.

I don't blame Saku for the Titz Bros. behaviour off-ice....I blame him for being a meek captain who can't take his team by the throat and fire them up at the rink. This team needs a very vocal and fiery captain...a Messier type.

Ah. Like Gainey, for example.

i would love to know how it is that you take him for a meek captain? just because he doesn't do Lays commercials don't make him meek. I think he has done a great job as captain and if you want to know what carbo and gainy think (2 of the best captains we ever had, watch the tape where they ask carbo about kovy needing the c to play good, now we know that is bs but watch it and watch carbos reaction) Or ask what his team mates think. Cause they love him. However he is not playing to his abilities right now and I am worried that he may be at the end of the line. Too many injuries and illness may have caught up to him but you should never question his heart. He has the heart of a lion and never quits.