Habs vs. Leafs | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

I'm, for the first time starting to question Koivus talent.

The habs always have two players behind the net and no one in front of it. Don't they understand you can't score from behind the net.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh don't lay this on the defense...the forwards NEVER help the defense out...they stay out at the centre line waiting for a pass instead of skating back like NORMAL effin teams!

So apparantly Price isn't the problem, coaching isn't the problem, so what is the problem?

Defense.

Worst team in the league.

No.. all we know is that they are not the only problem.

It was never about Carbo, and Price has been terrible. That is not even debatable.

The fact remains that Bob has made some very questionable decisions.

time to put guys on waivers and bring up some kids from hamilton and see if their energy can carry them to a playoff spot, worst case they don't make it, and put out their FA garbage a few months early. Koivu should be put on waivers immediately.

Well...

I think there's some things to build on here. Team was lifeless until Lapierre scored twice and Gainey shuffled his lines. From then on the team mostly showed some fire. 21-40-13 showed promises. 14-46 together will gel. They just need a regular LW, be it 67 or 84. 11 & 27 are finished. Done. Heartless. They dont care, dont hustle, just go through the motions while waiting for free agency.

time to put guys on waivers and bring up some kids from hamilton and see if their energy can carry them to a playoff spot, worst case they don't make it, and put out their FA garbage a few months early. Koivu should be put on waivers immediately.

There's a rumor going around that he has already signed a contract for next year and they just aren't anouncing it yet.

If this is true I'M GONNA FLIP THE F*CK OUT !!!!! :wacko:

:rolleyes: Do you know anything about NHL roster rules after the trade deadline?

So apparantly Price isn't the problem, coaching isn't the problem, so what is the problem?

Defense.

Worst team in the league.

I kept saying this team had no leadership. Nobody to step up when the team needed a kick in the ass. Look what happened when Laps got on the Leafs bench at the end of the 1st, then scored twice. It gave the rest of the team a shot in the arm.

Oh don't lay this on the defense...the forwards NEVER help the defense out...they stay out at the centre line waiting for a pass instead of skating back like NORMAL effin teams!

Blaming the defense isn't the same as blaming the defensemen.

If the goalies play like that next year, I don't give a damn if we get Lecavalier and Ovechkin, we ain't going nowhere.

Both of these guys aren't playing NHL caliber goaltending.

Edited by Jaysix

no, what are they?

You can't add anyone to your playoff roster from outside the organization. I'm not sure if waivers are even a possibility, but even if they are, it would be pointless for anyone to claim Koivu. He wouldn't be eligible for the playoffs and he's about to be a UFA, so there'd be no reason for someone to claim him for the future.

"Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages." ~Thomas Edison

I thought edison was the light bulb dude. didn't know he was cool quote man as well. learn something new every day, I does.

well it is a good thing we fired guy cause this team has turned it completely around. I have always supported kovy and koivu but 2nite is not good. 10 million bucks for what? These are the guys that have to make this team work and they apparently can't not that they don't want to can't. wtf happened to this team?

Your team at the deadline is your team for the playoffs. You have very limited callups/demotions. I'm not sure if waivers are even a possibility, but even if they were, it would be pointless for anyone to claim Koivu. He wouldn't be eligible for the playoffs and he's about to be a UFA so there'd be no reason for someone to claim him for the future.

here is what i found, makes no mention of your point above, now i am curious.

http://www.nhlscap.com/waivers.htm

here is what i found, makes no mention of your point above, now i am curious.

http://www.nhlscap.com/waivers.htm

So they would be able to waive Koivu, but it would be useless for anyone to claim him. I suppose there'd be a slight chance Minnesota might place a claim if they think he'd be likely to sign with them cheap to play with his little brother.

I can't find any info about NHL playoff rosters, but I'm 99.9% sure you can't add players from outside the organization to your playoff roster after the trade deadline.

"Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages." ~Thomas Edison

I thought edison was the light bulb dude. didn't know he was cool quote man as well. learn something new every day, I does.

that is the same guy who was electrocuting animals to prove that DC was safer than AC :wacko:

I don't have time to go cite the source, but any player claimed off waivers from here on in is not eligible to play in any games until next season. (This is the same for any traded players - technically, you can still trade). Habs claimed Benoit Gratton years ago from Calgary late in the season and he was ineligible to play in both the NHL/AHL the rest of the way.

On a side note, I was looking up the stuff a few minutes ago to see what the situation for Mike Glumac would be, as he scored his 30th tonight and has earned a callup. Re-entry and regular waivers would still apply, and if he was claimed, would be ineligible to play for the rest of the season. I'd like to see him, but I'm not sure the team will want to deplete Hamilton any further, especially if someone claims him solely to prevent him from playing in the AHL playoffs.

I don't have time to go cite the source, but any player claimed off waivers from here on in is not eligible to play in any games until next season. (This is the same for any traded players - technically, you can still trade). Habs claimed Benoit Gratton years ago from Calgary late in the season and he was ineligible to play in both the NHL/AHL the rest of the way.

On a side note, I was looking up the stuff a few minutes ago to see what the situation for Mike Glumac would be, as he scored his 30th tonight and has earned a callup. Re-entry and regular waivers would still apply, and if he was claimed, would be ineligible to play for the rest of the season. I'd like to see him, but I'm not sure the team will want to deplete Hamilton any further, especially if someone claims him solely to prevent him from playing in the AHL playoffs.

Thanks, Brian! I was just lamenting that you weren't on YIM to answer this question for me, haha.

Sorry if I came off like a dick, nyckdkool. I thought the playoff roster stuff was more common knowledge, but given how it was so hard to track down info about it, I guess that assumption was incorrect.