Re-hire Carbo!

KoZed

Re-hiring Carbo would take some serious guts and humbleness on the part of Gainey.

It would also turn this team on it's head - something they need.

I think that Gainey is walking at the end of the season though.

Carbo for GM.

Two games in a row where the Bell Centre crowd chants Carbo's name...

Certainly this team has been playing like they want to make sure Carbo gets a job in shortest amount of time possible. Right now he's looking like a great coach for getting ANYTHING out of this bunch of losers. Sometimes I feel like they could be playing 5 on 3 the entire game and still only get a point.........

:clap:

I agree

Although, I dont think management would be willing to swallow their ego and admit they made a massive mistake. Well guess what, how bad is your ego going to be bruised when we get knock out of the playoff by the ######ing florida panthers?!

Re-hiring Carbo would take some serious guts and humbleness on the part of Gainey.

It would also turn this team on it's head - something they need.

I think that Gainey is walking at the end of the season though.

Carbo for GM.

Two games in a row where the Bell Centre crowd chants Carbo's name...

I think Gainey is gone at the end of the year and the Canadiens are going to go into another dark age if Boivan is going to be allowed to become the new Ronald Corey.

I dont want Bob to go. I got the feeling though that upper management (Gillette through Boivin) forced Gainey to get rid of Carbo and Bob, being the good corporate guy he is, obeyed but didnt liked to have the owner meddle in his work.

Carbo did say in his press conference, about there being rotten apples on the team: "Now it's up to Bob and the management to find them", which I'm guessing was directed at the President and at the owner. Sounds like Carbo was forced by management to endure some players...

The fact we still suck is proof to me that Carbo is not the answer. This way this team plays is still largely the result of his coaching. Gainey has been the coach for 2 weeks and can't have changed too much. If the team had taken off (like say the Penguins) then I would say that a bunch of players were dogging it under Carbo trying to get him fired. What we see instead is a team where no one knows what to do, where to play, when to pinch, etc. Is this the result of Gainey handling the team for 2 weeks or Carbo for 2 years?

The fact we still suck is proof to me that Carbo is not the answer. This way this team plays is still largely the result of his coaching. Gainey has been the coach for 2 weeks and can't have changed too much. If the team had taken off (like say the Penguins) then I would say that a bunch of players were dogging it under Carbo trying to get him fired. What we see instead is a team where no one knows what to do, where to play, when to pinch, etc. Is this the result of Gainey handling the team for 2 weeks or Carbo for 2 years?

well actually up untill the all star break they did know exactly what to do. So I guess carbo got confused over christmas and passed the virus onto the team. My god man do you remember last year?

well actually up untill the all star break they did know exactly what to do. So I guess carbo got confused over christmas and passed the virus onto the team. My god man do you remember last year?

Yes I do. Do you remember the last 3 months? And this problem didn't start at the all star break, we've been slipping since the season started.

We were 8-1-1 in the first 10 games.

The problem is other teams have adjusted to Carbo's system and we haven't made any changes to handle their adjustments. When a whole entire team starts to suck at once you have to ask yourself, is it 23 players (okay maybe just 20) failing all at once spontaneosly or maybe there is something wrong with the system they are using.

Why is it that we are constantly forechecked and pinned into our own zone for minutes at a time throughout whole periods? And this is all 4 lines. Its been increasingly apparent since November that we need a new system and that falls on the coach's head.

If you think everything was fine with Carbo, why was the team 8-11-1 under him after the break?

Edited by Peter Puck

Yes I do. Do you remember the last 3 months? And this problem didn't start at the all star break, we've been slipping since the season started.

We were 8-1-1 in the first 10 gemaes.

The problem is other teams have adjusted to Carbo's system and we haven't made any changes to handle their adjustments. When a whole entire team starts to suck at once you have to ask yourself, is it 23 players (okay maybe just 20) failing all at once spontaneosly or maybe there is something wrong with the system they are using.

Why is it that we are constantly forechecked and pinned into our own zone for minutes at a time throughout whole periods? And this is all 4 lines. Its been increasingly apparent since November that we need a new system and that falls on the coach's head.

so you are saying that last year was fluke? because i remember 1st place and a possible jack adams. Suddenly the system failed? so it didn't have anything to do with all the injuries? nothing to do with price slumping? as all young goalies are prone to do. Had nothing to do with Kovy pouting in the corner? He's been doing that since he came in the league. Nothing to do with koivu being on the downside and not being centre we need? The power play needing a hard accurate shot from the point and not having it? No the system failed and it is all carbos fault I gotcha. forgive my ignorance. I thought we had real conundrum here and it was all so simple fire that damn Carbo. I wonder why it makes no difference who coaches this team (think back a couple of coaches). Oh well we got the guy now.

so you are saying that last year was fluke? because i remember 1st place and a possible jack adams. Suddenly the system failed? so it didn't have anything to do with all the injuries? nothing to do with price slumping? as all young goalies are prone to do. Had nothing to do with Kovy pouting in the corner? He's been doing that since he came in the league. Nothing to do with koivu being on the downside and not being centre we need? The power play needing a hard accurate shot from the point and not having it? No the system failed and it is all carbos fault I gotcha. forgive my ignorance. I thought we had real conundrum here and it was all so simple fire that damn Carbo. I wonder why it makes no difference who coaches this team (think back a couple of coaches). Oh well we got the guy now.

So we're healthy now (except for Lang). We have the hard accurate shot from the point but the PP still sucks. That's why we've starting playing so well lately.

The fact that we've been giving up 40 shots regularly for months has nothing to do with the coach I guess or the system we use. If both goalies can't maintain the same level as last year when facing 33% more shots they must be slumping. The fact that all 4 lines completely crumble under forechecking pressure, this is probably just due to Koivu losing a step. The fact that we allow teams to keep the puck in our zone if they stay along the boards, that's because Kovalev is having a bad year I suppose. Forgive my ignorance. The fact that just about everyone on the team has regressed that has nothing to do with the coach either. The coach is great, it just that his team can't do anything. I'd rather we find a lousy coach who can improve the team than a great coach who has the team regressing.

So we're healthy now (except for Lang). We have the hard accurate shot from the point but the PP still sucks. That's why we've starting playing so well lately.

The fact that we've been giving up 40 shots regularly for months has nothing to do with the coach I guess or the system we use. If both goalies can't maintain the same level as last year when facing 33% more shots they must be slumping. The fact that all 4 lines completely crumble under forechecking pressure, this is probably just due to Koivu losing a step. The fact that we allow teams to keep the puck in our zone if they stay along the boards, that's because Kovalev is having a bad year I suppose. Forgive my ignorance. The fact that just about everyone on the team has regressed that has nothing to do with the coach either. The coach is great, it just that his team can't do anything. I'd rather we find a lousy coach who can improve the team than a great coach who has the team regressing.

the possibility is that we had a great coach making his team a lot better than they were (I know you wont be able to get you head around that idea) and now the chickens have come to roost. however it is much easier to say it is the coach than actually evaluate the team. Again think back 2 or 3 coaches we had the same problems. You might want to reference the fact that this is bob's second time behind the bench. When exactly do we make the players responsible for their poor play? does it take 3 coachs 5 10 I don't know. but we were winning when he was fired.

the possibility is that we had a great coach making his team a lot better than they were (I know you wont be able to get you head around that idea) and now the chickens have come to roost. however it is much easier to say it is the coach than actually evaluate the team. Again think back 2 or 3 coaches we had the same problems. You might want to reference the fact that this is bob's second time behind the bench. When exactly do we make the players responsible for their poor play? does it take 3 coachs 5 10 I don't know. but we were winning when he was fired.

Yeah right, this team which has looked horrible for months (5 wins in their last 23 games) is actually much worse. The only reason we did anything at all was that Carbo is such a great coach. Give your head a shake. That makes a lot of sense. If this is true then Carbo is the best coach in the history of the nhl since he got an even weaker team to finish first last year.

Maybe, there is quite a bit of talent on this team and that's why they were able to finish 1st last year (I know you won't be able to get you head around that idea) and we need a coach who can get them to play at something like the level they are capable of.

Edited by Peter Puck

Yeah right, this team which has looked horrible for months (5 wins in their last 23 games) is actually much worse. The only reason we did anything at all was that Carbo is such a great coach. Give your head a shake. That makes a lot of sense. If this is true then Carbo is the best coach in the history of the nhl since he got an even weaker to finish first last year.

Maybe, there is quite a bit of talent on this team and that's why they were able to finish 1st last year (I know you won't be able to get you head around that idea) and we need a coach who can get them to play at something like the level they are capable of.

so you are saying if they win it's cause they have the talent and if they lose it is the coaches fault. Tell me is it time to fire bob yet, they are not winning.

I agree with PP here. Why is the system never changed to have the forwards cycle back to get the pucks from the defence? Instead they have two forecheckers up their asses constantly.

I agree with PP here. Why is the system never changed to have the forwards cycle back to get the pucks from the defence? Instead they have two forecheckers up their asses constantly.

Exactly. The D ends up having to pass laterally to the other D, after which all 3 F are gone, and there is nothing left to do but cough up the puck or ice it. Our successful breakouts occur when the F are leading the rush, or are at least skating with the D.

No kidding, all the talk of systems is irrelavent because the team sucks ass. The D is possibly the worst in the league. The forwards can't score, backcheck. I think they only thing they do well is take lazy penalties.

The only thing that needs to happen is they need to change most of the roster. Or they could visit the Wizard and see if they can get some heart and courage.