Carey Price 7min clip on www.tsn.ca, Comments?

HabsWEST

After watching the clip, cant help but see how the pressure is getting to this 21 year old.

He looks like " a deer in front of headlights speedying towards it"....

Note his comment of being thrown in at times...

WOW, will be curious if he has " the thick skin!!' ( as Komisarek mentions in the other clip, to play and handle the pressures of professional hockey player in a " big town"

Cant help but have sympathy for him...

In the meantime, Halak is waiting in the wings patiently, doing all that is asked, and watching and learning all the off ice pressures Carey Price is facing..

Can it be that HALAK will be the one learning the most from all this, and become the STAR GOALIE everyone expected PRICE to be? hmmmmm

If you all have a chance , go to www.tsn.ca and go to: clip on : "The Loneliest Man In Sports"

(http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip164779#clip164779)

A telling sign.....

I watched it, and I liked a lot of what said. He may not be entitled to it, but he gave the fans shit for booing him. I think he is entitled to it. We are the ones who put him on that pedastel. Now we are the ones helping knock him off with jeers and boos. Price is a good goalie. That is it. He is a good, inexperienced, 21 year old goalie, who's team, himself included, decided to do the Sens meltdown. Anyone watch Fleury last year in the playoffs? This year too? He was expected to be an instant star as well. Fleury was shaky for a few years. Price will be fine. As Bob said. "He is a thoroughbred. Your wife might not see that, but I can't bake good bread either. I laughed at that. Price let the fans know they crossed a line. The team was beat up and the defense was pathetic. He is a kid playing with half a team. What do you expect.

I don't know...I think he sounds pretty composed, pretty self-aware; my impression is of a calm - also proud - young man who sees himself as still very much learning. It was interesting to hear him admit that, with the gesture, he was deliberately trying to remind the fans of the ramifications of booing. Contrary to the standard analysis, I think we've got a cool customer here, a comparatively mature kids who's come a long way fast and is stolidly trying to grow into the role.

I also like the fact that he stands up for himself. He bluntly said he feels like he gets thrown under a bus at times - by the fans and media, was my intererpretation. That's good. I think honesty with the fans will actually take you further than that ridiculous, meangingless NHLspeak most player spew.

I feel better about Mr. Price having seen this.

What did Bob say to that reporter? "Obvoiusly your wife doesn't know a stud when he sees one, but Price is a stud." LMFAO

That was GREAT - as was his remark about 'assholes' driving players out of town.

One thing every player on this team knows: the GM has got their backs. :clap:

Bob's clip is epic. Some reporters really lack professionalism, and Bob turns it around on them with "Could you pass that on to your wife?"

In Bob we trust.

Price let the fans know they crossed a line

I think the fans are perfectly justified in booing when they're not getting their money worth because the team play like crap. Those guys are paid million$ to play a frikkin game so I cant say I have much sympathy when their poor feelings are hurt.

Granted, Price is far from the sole guy responsible for the 2nd half and playoff debacle, but he do have one of the worst save %age in the entire league since the all star break. His pitful accomplishements leave him no space to get arrogant with the fans.

Bob's clip is epic. Some reporters really lack professionalism, and Bob turns it around on them with "Could you pass that on to your wife?"

In Bob we trust.

I was watching that one live and fell out of my chair laughing. Gainey pwns media.

Fans have a right to boo like Jean said but the reality is that it's only useful when it's justified.

Yes, there's plenty of stupid fans in Montreal and I'd be pissed off as hell too if I had spent 100$ in a playoff ticket to see the Habs suck. The truth is that Price didn't do anything deserving to be booed, he did his job. He didn't cost the team a game but he didn't help them win one either. They all shot themselves in the foot. No one seems to point fingers that the Habs gave Boston throughout the series so many quality chances including a whole bunch of odd man rushes.

Meanwhile, all you have to do is look at the other end to notice that the Habs played constant perimeter hockey around Thomas. Doesn't take a genius to figure out who was going to win that series based on the play alone.

Like I said, I could understand the booing but get the facts straight before it's done. This is the kind of crap that drives a player out of town and that prevents attracting other good ones.

Fans have a right to boo like Jean said but the reality is that it's only useful when it's justified.

Yes, there's plenty of stupid fans in Montreal and I'd be pissed off as hell too if I had spent 100$ in a playoff ticket to see the Habs suck. The truth is that Price didn't do anything deserving to be booed, he did his job. He didn't cost the team a game but he didn't help them win one either. They all shot themselves in the foot. No one seems to point fingers that the Habs gave Boston throughout the series so many quality chances including a whole bunch of odd man rushes.

Meanwhile, all you have to do is look at the other end to notice that the Habs played constant perimeter hockey around Thomas. Doesn't take a genius to figure out who was going to win that series based on the play alone.

Like I said, I could understand the booing but get the facts straight before it's done. This is the kind of crap that drives a player out of town and that prevents attracting other good ones.

:clap:

Agreed.

The playoff performance had nothing to do with Price. The team was just bad, if anything Price kept the games close.

How many breakaways/2 on 1's did the Bruins have and not score on (the second period of game 4 alone) ?

Here's the good ol' AC and his 2 cents:

As most of you know I live in Halifax and where I work and amongst my friends, acquaintances and even rival Leaf or B's fans all concur that the booing was pure garbage. Not one fan in the office was impressed. Talk about shame and embarrassment to be a Canadiens fan. That hit a nerve.

Find me 21,273 Habs fans from down in the maritimes or from out west, put them in that game and the difference would be night and day. Or, get the "right" 21,273 Montrealers in there instead.

The "right of spring" has been for the Canadiens to be winners. Always. No exceptions! But now after 16 years of fans' impatience, the "right of spring" has morphed into "right to boo and take a big dump on the team and/or individuals".

Brought to you by the wonderful people who boo anthems. Now I await your wrath since I know this opinion won't be shared by all. Who does AC think he is?

No one has the 'right' to publicly humiliate and try to ruin the career of a 21-year old (or anyone else). I think you have a right to boo the home team if they're letting you down, and of course to boo and jeer opposition players. But this Montreal habit of scapegoating a specific individual and focusing all resentment at the team's poor play onto him is indefensible. It was indefensible when they did to Laperriere in the 1960s, inexcusable when it happened to Koivu after the altercation with Ribeiro, inexcusable when done to O'Bryne, unforgiveable when it was done, most famously, to Brisebois - and equally, if not more, disgraceful when done to Price who is one of the youngest players around. 'Bullying' is exactly what it is, and bullying of the most cowardly kind, because it hides the individual in the safety of the braying, anonymous pack. And then these same cowards have the nerve to be indignant when the player responds by waving his arms - when they themselves would probably break down like babies if subjected to the same treatment for even two seconds.

SHAME ON YOU, MONTREAL FANS.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Booing the anthems is downright silly and disrespectful. Using the same logic of booing an American anthem because it's Boston, we should be booing the Canadian anthem when the Habs play the Leafs.

I never forget the weird looks I get from fans when I sing both anthems when I attend games, especially for the American one. People practically look at me like I'm the devil in person.

SHAME ON YOU, MONTREAL FANS.

I was at the game (Sect 123 Row U, seats 5,6,7, and 8) and i can tell you that the booing came from the upper deck behind Carey in the 2nd period. What is called the Molson Ex zone (usually the spot where everyone goes to get drunk) and tehy were 1000 maybe 1500 at the most booing hm. The rest of us did not boo him!