So Long and Thanks for all the Fish

ForumGhost

Well, since it looks like we have our final roster, I believe some thanks and goodbyes are in order.

Kovy - The Bell centre darling, no one could electrify a crowd like him. Probably the best pure stick-handler in the league, it was always fun to see what he would pull out of his bag of tricks. The overall leader of the magical 07/08 campaign, he will be missed.

Brisebois - Not always the most popular guy, I respect him for coming back home to (probably) finish out his career and help the younger guys, despite the misery he had to go through at the hands of the fans and media back in the day.

Higgins - One of my fav Habs, this guy always brought his hard work ethic to the game. One of the better two way players we've had. I'll especially remember that stretch 2 or 3 years ago when he was scoring like one or two goals every game for a period of a couple weeks.

Dandenault - A classy vet who has been with the Habs through some tough times, a great utility forward. Always going to remember the emotion he displayed at the farewell of the last game.

Bouillon - A little defenseman who played a big man's game. Never afraid to stand up to anyone. Probably had some of the best blow-up hits on the team.

Tom Kostopoulos - One of the hard workers on the team. Not very good with a puck, but showed up for every single game, crashing and banging, going into the corners.

Tanguay - We barely knew ye, but for the chunk of the year he was a habs, he was definitely one of the best in the skill department

Lang - What a frustrating way to say goodbye. Probably the biggest surprise of last season was him showing us how much we didn't need Sundin. A plan b that deserved to be plan a all along

Schneider - Wish we could have seen more of this guy, but talk about adding stability to a volatile situation on defense. I'll never forget him coming back what was supposed to be a season-ending injury to score a major goal.

Komisarek - This will probably be the last nice thing I say about him since he will probably getting in the face of our boys in the very near future, but I appreciate all the heart and soul play we got from him over the years. The fire he lit in the 6-5 comeback comes to mind. I don't curse him for leaving us and I respect his personal priorities, just pissed at the rotten luck it had to be the Leafs of all teams.

Koivu - Last but not least, Captain K and one of my all time favourite players. A class act all the way and the definition of a true habs, I love everything about this guy. I hope that in 20 years time, he will be remembered as what he was: one of the Habs greats.

I will greatly miss some of these guys too. I mean how can you not? They have been part of our lives for a long time.

Dandenault - I think this guy deserved a better fate. He worked hard and never compained about being tossed around the line up. I think that he was a better Dman than he got credit for.

Komisarek - It was obvious that he didn't want to be a habs and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Koivu - I will miss you the most but it is time to go. Best of luck on your new team and I hope you put up 100 points.

Tom "The Bomb" Non-Stoppolous - I enjoyed watching you give your all. Thanks for taking countless beatings while stepping up to protect our players. I am surprised that Bob didn't want you back.

For the rest of you all - Thanks.

The biggest loss here for me is Koivu. I've grown up watching this man play as Captain, and will never ever forget the game when he returned from Cancer to continue his career. He should leave Montreal head held high, he gave it his all every shift, every game, every season. Thanks for the great Memories Saku! I look forward to following his career wherever he goes!

I will miss them, some more than others. I will miss Saku the most. He was a bright spot during so many dark years of Montreal hockey, and gave me reason to watch. As a man of similar size, I was always amazed by how much bigger he played, and his courage during hardship after hardship is unparalleled. Although his leadership was questioned by fans and media alike, his teammates always spoke highly of him in that regard, and I'm sure that there will be a void in the Habs locker room this season. I wish him nothing but the best, and I hope that if the Habs don't, Saku gets to raise the Cup in the near future.

For me, Saku will always be a habs first.

Thanks for the memories.

:hlogo:

Well, since it looks like we have our final roster, I believe some thanks and goodbyes are in order.

Kovy - The Bell centre darling, no one could electrify a crowd like him. Probably the best pure stick-handler in the league, it was always fun to see what he would pull out of his bag of tricks. The overall leader of the magical 07/08 campaign, he will be missed.

Brisebois - Not always the most popular guy, I respect him for coming back home to (probably) finish out his career and help the younger guys, despite the misery he had to go through at the hands of the fans and media back in the day.

Higgins - One of my fav Habs, this guy always brought his hard work ethic to the game. One of the better two way players we've had. I'll especially remember that stretch 2 or 3 years ago when he was scoring like one or two goals every game for a period of a couple weeks.

Dandenault - A classy vet who has been with the Habs through some tough times, a great utility forward. Always going to remember the emotion he displayed at the farewell of the last game.

Bouillon - A little defenseman who played a big man's game. Never afraid to stand up to anyone. Probably had some of the best blow-up hits on the team.

Tom Kostopoulos - One of the hard workers on the team. Not very good with a puck, but showed up for every single game, crashing and banging, going into the corners.

Tanguay - We barely knew ye, but for the chunk of the year he was a habs, he was definitely one of the best in the skill department

Lang - What a frustrating way to say goodbye. Probably the biggest surprise of last season was him showing us how much we didn't need Sundin. A plan b that deserved to be plan a all along

Schneider - Wish we could have seen more of this guy, but talk about adding stability to a volatile situation on defense. I'll never forget him coming back what was supposed to be a season-ending injury to score a major goal.

Komisarek - This will probably be the last nice thing I say about him since he will probably getting in the face of our boys in the very near future, but I appreciate all the heart and soul play we got from him over the years. The fire he lit in the 6-5 comeback comes to mind. I don't curse him for leaving us and I respect his personal priorities, just pissed at the rotten luck it had to be the Leafs of all teams.

Koivu - Last but not least, Captain K and one of my all time favourite players. A class act all the way and the definition of a true habs, I love everything about this guy. I hope that in 20 years time, he will be remembered as what he was: one of the Habs greats.

A tremendous post. Koivu isn't one of the Habs' "greats" but on any other franchise he would have his number retired. Niggling aside, I agree with every sentiment expressed here, particularly that it's a damned shame we couldn't keep Komisarek. It wasn't supposed to be that way.

I've said this on a lot of posts. It is Kovy that I will miss the most. I was hoping he could retire a habs. Koivu will be missed, but I look forward to new leadership. To be honest, he is the one guy that I wanted gone. Not because of him as a player. I love the lttle warrior. But because we needa new leader. Komi: it's going to painful playing against him.

The worst thing about Komi is not losing him but that he signed with the Leafs. If he would've gone to a western team I would feel bad about it for a day or two and then be a little happy about our signings. But the Leafs? Couldnt we have kept him for those 4.5M/year and just not signed Spacek?

Komi didn't want to play here. BG offered virtually the same deal and Komi's agent didn't even call him back.

2.5 million$ over 5 years is not virtually the same...add in the tax difference and you'Re looking at about 4 million$ over 5 years. That's alot of cash!

Edited by Habsfan

I watched this video, and It brought back good memories. I was soo proud of my boy Mikey on that night!! I still get goosebumps watching it!

http://mapleleafs.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?...02&id=44536

what a goal!!!

BY the way, I just finished watching Komisarek's interview with Landsberg on OTR. You can definitely tell that something happenned between Komisarek and the Habs organization over the last 12-18 months. Something that left a bad taste in his mouth.

He also said that he wanted to thank the Fans for supporting him throughout his career in Montreal, especially in 2005 when his Mother was dying.

Koimsarek says that they did get back to Bob after Bob's initial offer. Who's telling the truth?

Edited by Habsfan

Nice thread. Classy.

I wont miss any of them though. I'm a fan of the team more than the players. I accept they are gone and I've already moved on. I'm excited about our new face, I've already forgotten all about those ex-Habs.

Nice thread. Classy.

I wont miss any of them though. I'm a fan of the team more than the players. I accept they are gone and I've already moved on. I'm excited about our new face, I've already forgotten all about those ex-Habs.

kozed you and I quite often disagree but yeah they are now just former players and have moved in the loser section :lol:

I bid them all a fond adieu and hope that when you play the greatest team on earth that you realize the error of your ways.

kozed you and I quite often disagree but yeah they are now just former players and have moved in the loser section :lol:

Must be age talking. I've seen much better players leave. Once you've survived Patrick Roy telling Corey, live on TV, that he had played his last game as a Habs... Those guys who left yesterday barely register a blip on your care radar.

Must be age talking. I've seen much better players leave. Once you've survived Patrick Roy telling Corey, live on TV, that he had played his last game as a Habs... Those guys who left yesterday barely register a blip on your care radar.

Saku Koivu barely registers a blip?? You serious?

Saku Koivu barely registers a blip?? You serious?

Strange, when Carbo was fired, which I was delighted about, he got more love by some on this board. A COACH, I mean who cares.

How old are you? How much of the Habs have you seen before 1995?

Carbo was twice the player and ten times the captain Koivu ever was. He wasnt just "a coach", he was destined to be the Habs coach since he was a player. Much more history and achievement behind Carbo's name than Koivu's. More emotional weight. Sadly for Saku, he came in a time where the team hit an all time low, in an era of low scoring, and he was an injury waiting to happen. If you really get chocked up by what Saku as achieved as a Habs, I feel sorry for you to not have witnessed better.

It's all a matter of perspective.

How old are you? How much of the Habs have you seen before 1995?

Carbo was twice the player and ten times the captain Koivu ever was. He wasnt just "a coach", he was destined to be the Habs coach since he was a player. Much more history and achievement behind Carbo's name than Koivu's.

It's all a matter of perspective.

I remember the 70's, that puts me older than you, judging by your posts, which there are no shortage of. You're still all about Koivu not doing interviews in french, as a result you lose alot of credibilty. If Koivu was from QC, you'd be beside yourself.

Edited by Habsy