So Long and Thanks for all the Fish

ForumGhost

I remember the 70's, that puts me older than you, judging by your posts, which there are no shortage of. You're still all about Koivu not doing interviews in french, as a result you lose alot of credibilty. If Koivu was from QC, you'd be beside yourself.

Dont mix apples with oranges.

Please read slowly and carefuly so I dont have to repeat myself over and over again anymore.

Lot of posters (mostly anglophones) keep bringing up their shock or upset about their perception that Koivu isnt as loved as he should be in QC. For those posters, I took upon myself to try to explain in a pragmatic way (ie. non PC, non idealist, but just things as they are in reality), how the language thing was a factor of perceived underwhelming attachment amongst a portion of the fanbase.

Why would my capacity to explain the behavior of a group of people automatically make that behavior mine? It's about them, not me. Get it? Me explain to you what them thinks. But me thinks other thing. That, them. This, me.

I always said that personnaly, it doesnt affect me if Koivu gives interviews in English or French, I understand both equally. The reason why I personnaly am not attached to Koivu is because, frankly, I've grown to dislike his play on the ice, and his role as a captain when the team was slumping. Also, Koivu hasnt given me any great or consistent, long-lasting, satisfying memories that left a positive mark on me.

Tanguay is from QC, am I beside myself that he's gone? And Bouillon, Dandeneault, Brisebois? They dont register on my radar either. I wanted the lot gone, they are. Good riddance.

I remember the 70's, that puts me older than you, judging by your posts, which there are no shortage of. You're still all about Koivu not doing interviews in french, as a result you lose alot of credibilty. If Koivu was from QC, you'd be beside yourself.

Actually your argument is nuts. Did kovalev speak french? did he give interviews in french? Just wondering cause he was the most popular canadien by a country mile. So long artiste. I will miss you.

Oh and by the way you are def not older than me.

Edited by habs rule

Dont mix apples with oranges.

Please read slowly and carefuly so I dont have to repeat myself over and over again anymore.

Lot of posters (mostly anglophones) keep bringing up their shock or upset about their perception that Koivu isnt as loved as he should be in QC. For those posters, I took upon myself to try to explain in a pragmatic way (ie. non PC, non idealist, but just things as they are in reality), how the language thing was a factor of perceived underwhelming attachment amongst a portion of the fanbase.

Why would my capacity to explain the behavior of a group of people automatically make that behavior mine? It's about them, not me. Get it? Me explain to you what them thinks. But me thinks other thing. That, them. This, me.

I always said that personnaly, it doesnt affect me if Koivu gives interviews in English or French, I understand both equally. The reason why I personnaly am not attached to Koivu is because, frankly, I've grown to dislike his play on the ice, and his role as a captain when the team was slumping. Also, Koivu hasnt given me any great or consistent, long-lasting, satisfying memories that left a positive mark on me.

Tanguay is from QC, am I beside myself that he's gone? And Bouillon, Dandeneault, Brisebois? They dont register on my radar either. I wanted the lot gone, they are. Good riddance.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I'd like to use your good riddance, and direct it towards Guy Carbonneau. Please, it's enough.

I watched this video, and It brought back good memories. I was soo proud of my boy Mikey on that night!! I still get goosebumps watching it!

http://mapleleafs.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?...02&id=44536

what a goal!!!

BY the way, I just finished watching Komisarek's interview with Landsberg on OTR. You can definitely tell that something happenned between Komisarek and the Habs organization over the last 12-18 months. Something that left a bad taste in his mouth.

He also said that he wanted to thank the Fans for supporting him throughout his career in Montreal, especially in 2005 when his Mother was dying.

Koimsarek says that they did get back to Bob after Bob's initial offer. Who's telling the truth?

that's Gainey's version too. so they are all telling the truth.

I just got something from the blurbs on RDS and from that video and all of that.

This guy has the frikkin Souray (or Quintal in the 90's if your memory can go back there) syndrome. He's a stay at home D with above average mobility for a big guy and with above average shot. He wants to turn into a frikkin Elite D. He wants to be the go to guy on the PP, etc.

It never happened in MTL and he thought that even with a new contract, he'd still be "only" the stay at home guy. Being blamed for not toughening it up while ALL HE WANTS is to be the "two way" guy. He'd love to be Chris Pronger.

Quintal realized that he made a mistake after leaving Montreal. He was good here, but wanted the "fame" of "scoring dmen" and went to St-Louis, NYR, etc... then, he came back here weeping in 2000, back to his original role, a Stay at home D...

ooooooooh greed, envy. Both of you sins costed us a pretty good "stay at home" dman, who sucker punched us for some Burke's promises...

check this out, he's gonna have a career year in pts, something like 40. He'll also be -15, will have 1/2 of the hits he used to, 1/2 of the blocked shots and TO will not be a better team at all because of him.

-Crystal Balls Alex

Actually your argument is nuts. Did kovalev speak french? did he give interviews in french? Just wondering cause he was the most popular canadien by a country mile. So long artiste. I will miss you.

Oh and by the way you are def not older than me.

HOLY COW, please get a clue!!! The Koivu not speaking french is a huge issue for some, here, in QC. It's not my argument.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I'd like to use your good riddance, and direct it towards Guy Carbonneau. Please, it's enough.

What's done is done. The Circle of Life and all that crap.

Now who's the next guys to wear 11, 27 and 22? :D

HOLY COW, please get a clue!!! The Koivu not speaking french is a huge issue for some, here, in QC. It's not my argument.

oh sorry I thought you made the argument that kozed did not like saku because he did not give french interviews. if you weren't making that argument then please accept my apology. My point is that is a stupid argument because saku's popularity or lack thereof has nothing to do with his french speaking capability.

Edited by habs rule

kozed you and I quite often disagree but yeah they are now just former players and have moved in the loser section :lol:

I bid them all a fond adieu and hope that when you play the greatest team on earth that you realize the error of your ways.

true that!

What's done is done. The Circle of Life and all that crap.

Now who's the next guys to wear 11, 27 and 22? :D

If anything, Carbo's firing was a good thing only because it brought Martin in.

I LOOOOVE Carbo... but he can't fill half of Martin's jock in the coaching department.

as for jersey numbers, Gomez can't wear either of 19 and 23... he could go for 11, that wouldn't be extremely surprising. just a (weird) feeling. otherwise something like 32 or 91 could be his choice.

Camm's gonna go with 13

Max Pax should go with his 39 he had in university (unless he didn't choose it either)

Gionta can't have the 14, Plek has it. What will it be? since he's the smallest player on the CH since Naslund, why wouldn't he pick #26? :P

Since Gill has nothing from Doug Harvey, he might don the 22 instead of the 2. however, see d'Agostini

Spacek can still have the 6.

d'Agostini had the 22 in Hamilton, since he might be a regular, he might switch his # to 22.

I LOOOOVE Carbo... but he can't fill half of Martin's jock in the coaching department.

as for jersey numbers, Gomez can't wear either of 19 and 23... he could go for 11, that wouldn't be extremely surprising. just a (weird) feeling. otherwise something like 32 or 91 could be his choice.

Camm's gonna go with 13

Max Pax should go with his 39 he had in university (unless he didn't choose it either)

Gionta can't have the 14, Plek has it. What will it be? since he's the smallest player on the CH since Naslund, why wouldn't he pick #26? :P

Since Gill has nothing from Doug Harvey, he might don the 22 instead of the 2. however, see d'Agostini

d'Agostini had the 22 in Hamilton, since he might be a regular, he might switch his # to 22.

Gill wore #25 before Pittsburgh.

Camm's gonna go with 13

I wrote 22 but meant 21.

22 is Shutt's number. Garbage goal winger number. Give it to Gionta! :P

Gomez wearing 91 would be nice. It's a center's number. Or he could double 19 and have 38. BTH would be happy. :P

Gill should be given the 11. 1+1=2. :P

Dont know who had 11 before Kirk Muller but season after Muller left Koivu got 11. Koivu gone, our new first line centre should have it :P Gomez?

It was Ryan Walter, and before him Yvon Lambert.

a lot of good history with that number. I used to love lambert tough tough hockey player.

Cammalleri, could he wear the 11? Could Latendress switch to 11 and play the Yvon Lambert role?

Edited by thib46

Cammalleri, could he wear the 11? Could Latendress switch to 11 and play the Yvon Lambert role?

I reckon Camms will take #13.

What pissed me off the most aboot that interview was when he says he left a hockey hotbed for hockey's Mecca. :puke:

Just cuz Laff fans cheer for shit year after year doesnt make it Mecca. Mecca is a holy place and the curators of it arent allowed to constantly piss in the holy water. :lol:

ooooooooh greed, envy. Both of you sins costed us a pretty good "stay at home" dman, who sucker punched us for some Burke's promises...

check this out, he's gonna have a career year in pts, something like 40. He'll also be -15, will have 1/2 of the hits he used to, 1/2 of the blocked shots and TO will not be a better team at all because of him.

-Crystal Balls Alex

I bet he will tough guy push people 1/2 as much too.

scared shitless of Lucic - check

scared shitless of Neal - check

scared shitless of Peters - check

scared shitless of Laraque - check

Now there is somebody he is terrified of on every team in his division. :lol:

I will miss all the ex Habs except Komi. IMO Habs fans have been over rating him for years. Now all the Habs fans will get to see him with an unbiased home team view and I'm sure most will be shocked at what they see. ^_^