Subban

Colin

Ok your crazy. He may be the best habs prospect in the last 15 years and you want to move him?

Offenseive Dmen who can skate and play D are incredibly hard to find, he'll be on the habs blue line for the next 10 years.

Call me crazy, but I believe Subban is worth a lottery pick or maybe a front line player and a prospect. I would be awfully tempted if the right offer come up.

Trade for a lottery pick when you already have won the lottery? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Edited by JCPetit

Trade for a lottery pick when you already have won the lottery? Doesn't make much sense to me.

I expected that reaction. I would say that when Price won the Calder we believed we won the lottery. That hasn't quite worked out as expected. Besides I didn't say I would do it, I did say it would come into my thinking. It may be the only way we can end up with top end forward.

I expected that reaction. I would say that when Price won the Calder we believed we won the lottery. That hasn't quite worked out as expected. Besides I didn't say I would do it, I did say it would come into my thinking. It may be the only way we can end up with top end forward.

This general attitude from Montreal fans is exactly why lottery picks will do us no good. The only prospects that ever turn into really key players in Montreal (in this era) are lower picks that overachieve.

Compare the success of Gui, Price, Komisarek, Higgins, Chipchura, Hossa, Ribeiro, Perezhogin, Andrei Kostitsyn (who were hyped to the stars) to the success of Subban, Plekanec, Halak, D'Agostini, Lapierre, Sergei Kostitsyn, Pyatt, White, Markov, Streit, Souray and others relative to their draft position.

Being a fan favourite early in your career is a huge no-no in Montreal (although Subban seems to be overdeveloping thus far). Our key players have been our surprises.

:lol: Now, there is a term I have never heard applied before in regards to a prospect player. He's overdeveloping! I love it!!! :lol::clap:

Overdeveloping/overachievingv- he's doing better than he was expected to do.

Overdeveloping/overachievingv- he's doing better than he was expected to do.

According to who?

At the very best the draft is an educated guess. If you asked PK (and I have) he would have told you that he is exactly where he is supposed to be.

According to who?

At the very best the draft is an educated guess. If you asked PK (and I have) he would have told you that he is exactly where he is supposed to be.

According to the analysts that analyzed his game when he was a Junior and the many, many scouts and general managers that passed over him in the first round. What Subban thinks is totally irrelevant. Higgins thinks he can be a 40-40 player. No one else does. And again - I said that he did better than we (basically everybody) expected, not better than he expected.

He was a 2nd rounder, now he's looking like a 1st round calibre prospect. That = doing better than expected. Better than we could have hoped.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In another time line, Subban replaced Spacek suffering from continuous major brain farts and

is currently a Calder candidate.

The habs clinched their spot for playoffs yesterday and Q government reduced taxes of 2%.

In another time line, Subban replaced Spacek suffering from continuous major brain farts and

is currently a Calder candidate.

The habs clinched their spot for playoffs yesterday and Q government reduced taxes of 2%.

well.. spacek is out for tonight's game. haha

now waiting for the 2nd part of your prophecy to fulfill..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...