Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I just read something interesting posted in Spectors blog. The Stars have taken the C from Mike and now they bring in another centre.... Im just speculating but could Modano be on the move?

:hlogo:

I just read something interesting posted in Spectors blog. The Stars have taken the C from Mike and now they bring in another centre.... Im just speculating but could Modano be on the move?

I doubt it, I think they're just preparing for his imminent retirement (probably after this season). Both Morrow and Ribeiro are young so it seems logical enough to me.

Why the heck was this moved?

Post all Habs related rumors from other sites (like Eklund) in this thread.

Code had this to say about the Habs...or relating to the Habs players.

1) They continue to look for a center and have resumed talks with the RedWings...Lang again. He believes Detroit is only looking for picks.

2) Chicago was after Niinimaa but Montreal made a better offer... ^_^

3)Washington is the only team interested in Bonk...but he wouldn't be surprised if Calgary entered the picture.

4)Once (if) Lang is acquired then Bonk is traded to Washington.

5) Florida was interested in Abby (who is being shopped) but Montreal wanted a d-man. Now they want a good prospect (like Stewart) and a draft pick for Abby.

6) The Oilers like Souray and are looking for a d-man. Stuart is the first choice.

7) Souray and Rivet are the only d-men Gainey is willing to trade. I assume once Bou is back.

Marleau.

That would be awesome but I doubt that San Jose would want to break up their one-two punch of Thorton and Marleau.

That would be awesome but I doubt that San Jose would want to break up their one-two punch of Thorton and Marleau.

Can they afford that one-two punch long-term?

Can they afford that one-two punch long-term?

Good point.. but I do think they want to keep them this year to see if they can win the cup.

Good point.. but I do think they want to keep them this year to see if they can win the cup.

Marleau might be the one that wants a deal.

Maybe he was insulted having Joe come in to help "Marleau's team" win the cup.

Drafted 2nd after Joe and now on the 2nd line and 2nd PP unit because of Joe.

Maybe he finally wants out of his shadow?

Or maybe I should write plots for a soap opera?

Souray will probably leave as UFA anyways...

I highly doubt it.. hes gone on record a few times saying that he wants to be part of the Habs long term plans. I think he'll give Bob first choice.

I highly doubt it.. hes gone on record a few times saying that he wants to be part of the Habs long term plans. I

they all go on record to say how much they love montreal but most of them just won't come.

if the price is right, I don't mind trading souray..it would suck because I like the player and was really nice when I met him !!

I highly doubt it.. hes gone on record a few times saying that he wants to be part of the Habs long term plans. I think he'll give Bob first choice.

He's also gone on record that he would like to be in California.

Has Souray ever said that or is that just what everybody assumes? Every quote I've ever seen is that he wants to stay on this team. Even more recently he was talking about how NJ is so great because they kept their core together for 10 years and that's what he'd like to see the Habs do. Is there actually a record of Souray ever saying that he wants to play anywhere else?

At the trade deadline last season, it was reported that Souray asked for a trade. When confronted, he said something to this effect:

"I like the Habs, but I never asked for a trade, I was just exploring the possibilities. It was just something I thought of."

Basically, he asked Gainey that if he was going to trade Souray, he would prefer being traded to the West.

Edited by fromage