Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

From Code:

Source: Marleau Talks Heating Up.

A source close to ITC is reporting that talks for Sharks Forward Patrick Marleau are really heating up. As reported by ITC a few weeks back, the Sharks are listening to offers for Marleau.

There's also been chatter that Marleau would like to get traded. Teams that are looking to bring in Marleau are the Oilers, Habs, and Wings.

ITC has also been told that the Sharks would like a package back, as to the one the Oilers received for Chris Pronger.

ITC will be getting into more details about this topic on SportsNations.com

Let me also mention that the Blues are also involved, but wouldn't receive Marleau, but would be part of a three way trade.

I'll be in the Insider Forum talking about this on SportsNations.com.

I'll also hold a chat at 3:30pm, so come join in.

Code

P.S.- On the Habs. The Habs are talking to Wooley's agent, but a source close to ITC reports that Wooley is only a back-up plan. The Habs tried to grab Stuart from the Bruins but were rejected. They are also interested in Rangers defensemen Michael Roszival, as are the Oilers.

The Oilers are also interested in Stuart.

from the chat:

1) The Habs made an offer yesterday for Marleau...the Blues are trying to get involved in a three way, but I have no idea who would go to the Blues. I know that the Blues would send Jackman to the Sharks. The Habs would receive Marleau, but I don';t have a damn clue who the Blues would get back.

2) I think Gainey knows he's going to have to give up a lot for Briere, so he's turned his focus over to the Devils and the Sharks.

Gainey likes Gomez, and has made offers for him, but the Devils want Higgins in the deal. That about says it all.

Edited by Mr. Nasty

1) The Habs made an offer yesterday for Marleau...the Blues are trying to get involved in a three way, but I have no idea who would go to the Blues. I know that the Blues would send Jackman to the Sharks. The Habs would receive Marleau, but I don';t have a damn clue who the Blues would get back.

This actually seems possible (even without knowing who the habs is).

Rds.ca cites 'La Presse' (a Montreal newspaper) that negotiations are ongoing between the Canadiens & defenseman Jason Wooley.

Woolley is an experienced defenseman with offensive qualities. He's 37 years old and, last year with Detroit, he accumulated 19 points in 53 games.

He's supposed to come in to help with the absence of Bouillon.

Here's the rds.ca site: http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/212401.html

Here's the tsn.ca site with info on him: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?i...amp;hubname=nhl

As to weaknesses, it essentially says that he's easy to push over and is an inconsistent player.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Bob is fantastic. You win championships with the little things. Ask Bowman. He knows!

At worst you have low money for a seasoned veteran. As a coach you can utilize him into the right situation. He can rush the puck, is reliable on power plays and he is a veteran. There's alot of rookies around Montreal these days :D . Woolley might bring a little mustard to the hailed room :hlogo:

With Bouillon out this would be a great acquisition IMO. There is more challenge in the D and we don't have to worry about bringing in a depth D at the deadline. Woolley would be there. Our D prospects really need more time except for Cote. And, do we really want to rush O'Byrne in to a save the team at the outset of the season? That's pressure. Also, Streit is not 100%.

That's why WE TRUST IN BOB

Gainey is willing to spend probably around $750 K for the difference between having 55% of the points versus 65% of the points over the long haul. Keep it simple.

Bob wants POINTS :hlogo:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

According to RDS.CA,

la presse says that the habs might be in negotiations with Jason Wolley

I think this is really good,

due to his age, it would only be a one year deal

he can definitely do some good on the powerplay, and is a good 6th guy to have around while Bouillon is hurt

He should also come pretty cheap

of course, this is a habs rumour so it's probably bull-sqwat

According to the Habsinfo.blogspot guy BG turned down an offer of Gomez for Plex, Perezhogin and a pick. Also that Carbo wants Chipchura on the team this year if Saku is out for any length of time. Id counter with Perezhogin, Ribeiro and pick for Gomez.

:hlogo:

Not sure if you noticed the high level of activity on this thread, but apparently you're almost alone in your opinion...

Habber isn't alone by a long shot. The high level of activity is obviously attributable to forcing all rumours onto one thread... and that folks like to talk about rumours.

If you don't like it, why do you open it?

Because I like to read/discuss rumours, too. The statement being made was about forcing all rumours onto one thread.

The reason given for this was that this isn't a rumour site, etc. If someone can explain to me the harm in having a HOCKEY site with more than 1 thread about HOCKEY rumours, when there are threads about nothing, a couple threads about 9/11, threads about Quebec politics, auto accidents, the status of Pluto, and whatever else anyone can think of talking about... please do.

If that's bitching, well give me a slap and call me a bitch.

By the way, I fully respect the mods rights to set the rules here, and will abide by them. I also appreciate their willingness, however reluctantly given, to withstand some constructive criticism of those rules.

^_^

If that's bitching, well give me a slap and call me a bitch.

:P Yeah wheres all the rumours at anyway??? Its been like FIVE DAYS since weve heard anything.

:hlogo: