Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

has anyone heard the Forsberg rumour? They're saying that the flyers want Markov + Aebisher + Samsonov for Calder + Forsberg, but Gainey offered Niinimaa instead of Markov. They're saying that they're close to a deal. Would anyone here do it?

I'd never do it if Markov were included. Guys like Markov are extremely rare. Niinimaa would be laughed off by the Flyers. I'd say Souray is a great medium, but I think the big guy wants to play in out west, and not in Philly.

I'd never do it if Markov were included. Guys like Markov are extremely rare. Niinimaa would be laughed off by the Flyers. I'd say Souray is a great medium, but I think the big guy wants to play in out west, and not in Philly.

cmon! niinimaa is big and has injury problems. why wouldnt the flyers want him?

I was reading really fast the Journal de Quebec today, and in a column (forgot which one) I read that Brent Seabrook from Chicago was on the block and that Montreal was supposedly one of the teams interested.

That was really one out of left field for me, but I thought I'd post it anyway, in case it happens I can say I knew about it!

I was reading really fast the Journal de Quebec today, and in a column (forgot which one) I read that Brent Seabrook from Chicago was on the block and that Montreal was supposedly one of the teams interested.

That was really one out of left field for me, but I thought I'd post it anyway, in case it happens I can say I knew about it!

Yeah Eklund said that last week but I didn't post it cause it didn't make sense...but then again do most rumours make sense?

Yeah Eklund said that last week but I didn't post it cause it didn't make sense...but then again do most rumours make sense?

so seabrooke can sleep well, it won't happen.

Could probably get Kaigorodov (sp?) for next to nothing.

He can't be that bad if the sens were promising to give him the second line centre spot before he even set foot in N.A.

Worth a gamble if it is a fourth pick or lower.

Something heard on the team990.

Ok Forsberg is an injury riddled superstar. He is unmotivated to play for a weak team like Philly. Right before the trade deadline, we trade for Forsberg. We rest him and only play him enough to have him get adjusted to Kovelev and Samsonov in time for the playoffs. We would have him for one season, and there would be no guarantees that he would resign with us after the playoffs are over, but with a little luck and a little health we would be serious cup contenders.

So who do we trade to get him?

Philly has always needed a goalie so David Aebischer along with a draft pick. And voila, we have a team that may go all the way.

What do you guys think?

Philly will get way better offers for Forberg then Aebi and a pick. The Habs are better off making a trade for a younger center who will be here a few years. They will be in the same spot next year without a #2 center if they sign Forsbeg, he will most likely retire due to injuries.

Check out the ice chips section under Montreal:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

Apparently the Forsberg rumour has transcended the message-board conscious and infiltrated the minds of TSN writers. Kind of funny.

In case they change it: they have Forsberg news under the Montreal heading.

Edited by Talon

Check out the ice chips section under Montreal:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

Apparently the Forsberg rumour has transcended the message-board conscious and infiltrated the minds of TSN writers. Kind of funny.

In case they change it: they have Forsberg news under the Montreal heading.

They also spelt Pittsburgh wrong...TWICE! :o

This is annoying because Journal De Montreal has picked this up and so has TSN.

It's regarding where Foppa is going. The TSN panel of McGuire and Healy etc were discussing the current rumour about Montreal acquiring him. I watched the panel last night so I guarantee it was discussed.

Chances are this thread will be closed becasue it has no foundation but given the sources and conjecture, there must be something to this

Does anyone have official links on this. If not, where do you think he'll go and for who?

Please don't close the thread. How can I link the TSN panel when there is no source? Did anyone read the Journal yesterday?

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Montreal? Really?

Looking over rumors every on the internet, I've only ever seen two teams mentioned and thats Colorado or San Jose. At this point in his career with his injury problems, I really only see him either playing out the year in Philly and retiring or giving it one last hurrah in Colorado and then retiring. I'll be surprised if he plays past this season though.

Montreal? Really?

Looking over rumors every on the internet, I've only ever seen two teams mentioned and thats Colorado or San Jose. At this point in his career with his injury problems, I really only see him either playing out the year in Philly and retiring or giving it one last hurrah in Colorado and then retiring. I'll be surprised if he plays past this season though.

I saw one of those - for Theodore was the report.

I suspect Liles will be part of any deal too since the Montreal report / rumour says Holmgren considers Markov a MUST to any deal with us

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

First of all he would have to waive his no trade clause which I would believe he would be unwilling to do for most teams right now. I believe this may be his final year and should the Flyers continue to flounder he may waive his trade clause at the deadline to go to a contender.

I saw one of those - for Theodore was the report.

I suspect Liles will be part of any deal too since the Montreal report / rumour says Holmgren considers Markov a MUST to any deal with us

Yeah, I saw the Theo one too.

Apparently we've got Liles on the block (and Holmgren is apparently VERY interested in Liles) and are willing to add Budaj to it. I'll wait to see what the return is first before I get pissed off but losing those two players would be huge, I'm hoping nothing comes to pass. I like Foppa, respected everything he did for us but I don't want him. I just don't see how he helps us at this point, we don't need to lose a defensemen, we need to gain one. If Giggy wants to go retro, get Foote, not Foppa.

I wouldn't mind having forsberg with us for the remainder of the season as well as the playoffs. I don't think it'll happen though.

I don't see montreal trading a Dman only to get a future UFA. they'll want kids and draft choices in exchange.