Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I am not against anything that would try to improve our scoring. Would Nieuwendyk be my first choice...nope. But we can't deny his abilities. He is a bit injury prone...but not terribly. In 65 games last year he had 26 goals and 56 points. That is better than most guys currently on the team. He shouldn't cost much since he will be a UFA...any chance Florida needs Niinimaa? :rolleyes:

The Toronto Maple Leafs have moved their surplus goalie. Toronto general manager John Ferguson Jr. traded Mikael Tellqvist to the Phoenix Coyotes in exchange for forward Tyson Nash and a fourth round draft pick.

thanks for the news but I think you might be a day late :P

thanks for the news but I think you might be a day late :P

So what? People on this board are talking about trading Aebi to Phoenix, they have another goalie now. It is relevent to this discussion and nobody else has mentioned it.

There are several rumors i heard / read this morning. 7 teams interested in Souray. Detroit Chelios and Datsuk for Souray and Samsonov. Samsonov and a pick to Chicago for Seabrook, Would do that one in a heartbeat. Vananaan from Colorao but it didn't say who would go back.

So what? People on this board are talking about trading Aebi to Phoenix, they have another goalie now. It is relevent to this discussion and nobody else has mentioned it.

It was already in another thread. Tellqvist the answer in Phoenix?

Yeah...Spector had all of the Habs stuff listed this morning. Most of them came from CKAC, aren't they always dreaming up random stuff?

SPECTORS

SPECTOR'S MAILBAG has more on the rumour and its sources.

Anyone want to bet if Gainey is working the phones trying to move Sheldon that the opposing GM's are thinking, "Man, I want Souray but not for much. Why couldn't it be somebody other than Gainey I was dealing with? Sigh."

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Interesting...I found a bit odd last week when Carbonneau told Dandenault that he would only being playing forward temporarily. Unless he means...when another d-man gets injured.

I don't know, it does seem strange that argueably the most consistant D man (obviously not alot of offense), Dandy was moved to a forward. I think there may be a few moves made int he near future. A D-man or 2 plus a top 6 forward. I think they'll get back a younger D man and a # 2 Center.

Maby it's in here but I got tierd of looking through the thread.

Did anyone else here on CJAD during yesterdays game. The announcers said there is a rumour of Souray and Samsonov going to Tampa for you know who................

Vinny rumours come alive again........

By the way ....I would do the detroit deal in two seconds. Finally the Habs have someone that creates MEGA interest. I say be careful and do it. Fill our voids.

CENTER

No names mentioned but Ek is saying the Habs and Blackhawks are in serious talks as well...why all the Habs rumours all of a sudden?

I heard something like seabrooke for samsonov but don't count on the hawks dealing their no1 D

Maby it's in here but I got tierd of looking through the thread.

Did anyone else here on CJAD during yesterdays game. The announcers said there is a rumour of Souray and Samsonov going to Tampa for you know who................

Vinny rumours come alive again........

By the way ....I would do the detroit deal in two seconds. Finally the Habs have someone that creates MEGA interest. I say be careful and do it. Fill our voids.

CENTER

ANd TAMPA has lost once again!!! YEAHhhhh come on Vinnie

No names mentioned but Ek is saying the Habs and Blackhawks are in serious talks as well...why all the Habs rumours all of a sudden?

Because where there's smoke there's fire?

Because someone started one rumour so everyone hops on the bandwagon?

Because it's Montreal?

ANd TAMPA has lost once again!!! YEAHhhhh come on Vinnie

I believe that Tampa GM Jay Feaster has said numerous times that he will not be the GM that trades Vinny so unless the Bolts clean house he is not coming to Montreal.

Detroit has been in the rumour mix for a long time. Remember the Souray/Lang rumours from last season? I think it's quite possible that there have been SOME kind of fairly serious discussions between the two clubs. Although Gainey is generally pretty discreet.

Datsyuk would be chancy because he's a UFA, BUT if Bob believes that he can't keep Souray, that would represent an ENORMOUS upgrade at C.. Also a good move long term, because Saks isn't getting any younger and we have no prospective #1 C in the system as far as I can see.

I don't like the Chelios/Samsonov element, though. But looking at this deal - it would give us more depth to try (desperately) to fill in the hole left by Souray's absence in the short run, AND address the glaring hole at C. It's the sort of well-balanced move Gainey would likely consider.

Samsonov's name is popping up too much for me to dismiss this any further. Yes it's true that moving a UFA acquisition is not logical and it might make Montreal less attractive to future UFA's. However, it's really getting on now (1/4 into season) and I wonder just how much Gainey will remain patient if he gets the right sort of fax from a rival GM.

FROM SPECTORS:

- The Chicago Blackhawks are still seeking offensive help and there's some talk of their having interest in Montreal Canadiens winger Sergei Samsonov.

Spector's Note: Samsonov has been a huge disappointment for the Habs thus far and if the opportunity comes along to move him I'm betting Bob Gainey will do so, just as he did with Jose Theodore last season. Gainey would likely want a scoring center which the 'Hawks don't have to part with.

AC's Note: I agree. Sammy has to pull up his socks...NOW!

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

In regards to the Samsonov rumors and those that say how Gainey wouldn't move a free agent signee. Umm, does anyone remember Donald Audette?

As far as rumors regarding struggling players, isn't that always the case when players are struggling?

Yeah, tis true. They dumped Donald here for Martin Rucinsky.

Of course, Samsonov is more talented than Audette. But he's been nothing short of invisible so far. Ideally I'm sure he'd like to deal him for a centre, but whether there's an ideal trade available anywhere remains to be seen.

Datsyuk has game breaker potential, he could be a real superstar. I doubt Souray and Samsonov will be enough, and why Chelios would be traded is beyond me. He's old, playing out the end of his career, not much trade value to anybody really.

after a difficult game, i wonder how many of our members will be bringing up the rumour of a huet trade...

hmmmm...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Well shortcat, i hope people won't complain about the goaltending, that has been the 1 consistant position the Habs have had for years. No one from Pittsburgh really interests me, they obviously won't get rid of the big 3 centers or there 2 young D-men.

Vancouver does have Morrison, but it will take more than Souray to make that trade.