Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

What about Jarret Stoll from Edmonton? Centre player, 6'1'', he's 24 years old and right hander. He had 68 points last season and so far in 2006-2007, 37 pts... i would throw a Kots or a Perez and/or a pick for this man...

Doubt they'd take Souray as they were burned by Pronger and wouldn't want another LA-wantaway d-man.

Would they take Samsonov back?

Please?

:D with a good center player i think Samsonov might be a nice weapon on our side

But yeah they probably will want a D Personnaly i'd give Dandenault (but would they want him ??? who would????)

Edited by JoeLassister

:D with a good center player i think Samsonov might be a nice weapon on our side

But yeah they probably will want a D Personnaly i'd give Dandenault (but would they want him ??? who would????)

In general the Oiler fans are laughing :clap: at us for signing Samsonov at his extremely high salary as they knew how "soft" he was and in the end it enabled them to sign Peter Sykora (who we should have signed) who has really done well playing with Hemsky.

As for Stoll, I highly doubt the Oilers would move Stoll for prospects let alone 5th or 6th dmen like Dandenault. Stoll is one of their best gritty / scoring forwards. It would take one of our best -dmen to get him such as Markov and possibly Souray if he was signed.

Rumour floating around yesterday had Montreal sending Aebisher, Rivet and Samsonov to the flyers for Esche, Pitkanen and a draft pick. It should be noted that all three Montreal players sat out last night's game.

(www.hockeyleaks.com)

Well sounds stupid, i dont believe anything about that!

Rumour floating around yesterday had Montreal sending Aebisher, Rivet and Samsonov to the flyers for Esche, Pitkanen and a draft pick. It should be noted that all three Montreal players sat out last night's game.

(www.hockeyleaks.com)

Well sounds stupid, i dont believe anything about that!

I love that trade. But it doesn't solve our scoring problems on the 2nd line.

The latest rumor (and from a credible source I might add) has Samsonov and Rivet going to Chicago for Adrian Aucoin. Bob Mackenzie mentioned this tonight on TSN.

Whats your take on this? I mean, Aucoin is a pretty good player (struggling in Chicago though) with an absolute howitzer of a slapshot like Souray. How dangerous could our PP be now?? Aucoin also has leadership and is pretty physical.

However, he is injury prone. Has a bad shoulder, and a really bad groin, has not played many games since being in a Blackhawks uniform last year and this year.

What's your take on this rumor? Take it for what it's worth, Bob usually knows his stuff.

Edited by habsfan88

I heard the same thing from my friend about the Aucoin rumour.

And the only thing you can be sure of if the Habs get Aucoin and his 4mil contract for this season +2 more the Habs will not sign both of Markov and Souray.

....unless they plan on buying him out. Don't see it but our defence would be great for a run this year. Would be a scary PP though. Which do you cover?

Aucoin? Why do the Habs need an overpriced RD who is struggling and not healthy. They already have Rivet and can let him walk at the end of the year. I think there would have to be more to the deal then that.

Aucoin? Why do the Habs need an overpriced RD who is struggling and not healthy. They already have Rivet and can let him walk at the end of the year. I think there would have to be more to the deal then that.

I'm with you chris

It better not happen... unless they give us their 1st roudn choice as a token of their appreciation

Edited by marky_and_komi

The Habs had a deal in place last year for Aucoin and Khabibulin that included Theodore. I would not at all be surprised if they were still interested in him.

Aucoin was paid based how how he played before going to Chicago (which was as an Allstar...you may remember he tied Souray for the hardest shot). He is overpaid for how he has played the last 2 seasons but surprisingly, 4 million is less money than most good defensemen get on the free agent market. If guys like Hal Gill and Pavel Kubina can make 3-5 million...and guys going to arbitration get big contracts...you can see why defensemen are often highly sought.

Maybe a new team will help him. Unloading both Samsonov and Rivet is no loss. Aucoin is no better or worse but he saves them a million a season.

Regardless, I am hoping for another centre anyway. The Habs have mnore prospects NHL ready than they need. Time to cash a couple in for a star.

I think that Souray's gonna go in a 3 teams trade including 3 of these : L.A. - Montréal - Philly - Edmonton - Florida - Chicago

He always wanted to join a team on the Westcoast to see his child.

Now it depends on what others will offers and what are the real needs of those teams.

Of what i see, L.A is looking for a G, Edmonton for a D on the PP, and Habs for a Center. ABBY, Souray, Stoll, Conroy, prospects, draft picks ...

It sounds good...

Edited by JoeLassister

I think that Souray's gonna go in a 3 teams trade including 3 of these : L.A. - Montréal - Philly - Edmonton - Florida - Chicago

He always wanted to join a team on the Westcoast to see his child.

Now it depends on what others will offers and what are the real needs of those teams.

Of what i see, L.A is looking for a G, Edmonton for a D on the PP, and Habs for a Center. ABBY, Souray, Stoll, Conroy, prospects, draft picks ...

It sounds good...

three way deal. mmmm that would spice things up !!

man , what a joke !! I think that TB did it on purpous(sp?). why the heck would they recall their goalie while the other two are better every game ??

With two injured goalies, weren't the kings able to call up Labarbera without exposing him to waivers? Still don't get why they wanted to try a Barry Brust-Fukufuji combo.. Anyone?

So. Apparently according to Gino Reda and Keith Jones Forsberg would have been a Canadien already had it not been for his latest injury (spectorshockey.net).

As to the rumours of Sammy and Rivet for Aucoin? It really does make good sense for the Habs. Replace a blueliner and rid a forward so we can put in Kosty or Grabs and save salary in the process. It's not a horrible looking trade for the Hawks either, quite honestly. Rivet has been playing poorly, but he's better than that overall and everyone knows it. He's a solid defensive defenseman with leadership. Sammy is working hard but hasn't got anything out of it because of a variety of circumstances - even Carbo admitted that much.

So. Apparently according to Gino Reda and Keith Jones Forsberg would have been a Canadien already had it not been for his latest injury (spectorshockey.net).

As to the rumours of Sammy and Rivet for Aucoin? It really does make good sense for the Habs. Replace a blueliner and rid a forward so we can put in Kosty or Grabs and save salary in the process. It's not a horrible looking trade for the Hawks either, quite honestly. Rivet has been playing poorly, but he's better than that overall and everyone knows it. He's a solid defensive defenseman with leadership. Sammy is working hard but hasn't got anything out of it because of a variety of circumstances - even Carbo admitted that much.

where are these rumors coming from...

I havent heard anything this year about Aucoin (isn't he injured right now anyway?, cause thats the last thing we need, well mabie other than another useless russian winger, that could be slightly worse...slightly)

personally I think that the Pitkanen rumor was my Favorite thus far, he's gonna be great in a year or two, he just needs a new system, with another puck moving dman like him we'd be able to get away from the apposing teams forchecking for a change.

anyways go Habs go :wall:

Edited by Davehab

With two injured goalies, weren't the kings able to call up Labarbera without exposing him to waivers? Still don't get why they wanted to try a Barry Brust-Fukufuji combo.. Anyone?

HAAA Burke picked up by LA

there goes 2 pages of Rumors with goalies down the drain!