Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

He has a great shot but worthless everywhere else on the ice.

Yeah, but his worth overshaddows his weakness IMO. Souray was heavily sought by many teams at the deadline. If he's worthless why is he such a hot commodity to those teams?

I hope and believe we will sign Souray.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20070516...1006/CPSPORTS01

O'Byrne aura de la compétition en défensive puisque les nouvelles semblent être bonnes en provenance de la Russie, malgré les relations houleuses entre la Fédération russe et la LNH. «Notre recruteur à Moscou, Nikolai Vakourov, vient de parler à Alexei Emelin et Pavel Valentenko, et les deux veulent faire le saut en Amérique du Nord la saison prochaine. Le cas de Valentenko est plus facile à régler parce qu'il n'est pas sous contrat là-bas, contrairement à Emelin, mais celui-ci est malheureux avec son club russe et il ne veut pas y retourner.»

my french is not that good,

does this mean that it is likely that we will be able to sign one of these players to a northamerican team this year

Yes, according to that caption there is "apparently" a good chance that, despite the lack of a transfer agreement, the habs will be able to bring over Valentenko. Emelin will be more difficult because he is under contract. Also, it states that "apparently" both player would like to make the jump to North American hockey.

I put the word apparently in parenthesese (sp?) because you can never be sure of these sources. We shall see! Emelin has "apparently" not been paid properly by his club so he MAY be able to break his contract. Based on his play at the IIHF WHC, I'd love to see him over here!

It would be excellent if both came over I believe Emelin is more NHL ready than most people believe. He is a tremendous competitor and very well rounded.

Here is something disgusting for you........ according to Eklund that is.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=7597

The meat and potatoes of it says this:

"Habs likely to trade up for Espo

Talking to a Habs source last night in Ottawa, and then following it up today, I have confirmed that the Habs are looking to move up to get Angelo Esposito, the once consensus #1, that many are comparing to Phill Kessel..."His stock has dropped, but so did Philsm and at the end of the Day, Boston got a steal." Montreal will have to get to at least 5, but Philly may be willing to trade the #2 pick I am hearing..."

If the habs manage to trade into the top 5, (as Eklund suggests) and then blow the pick on Esposito many heads would have to roll or be held accountable. I can think of at least 3 other players in the top 15 I would rather have then this guy. :angry:

I wasn't sold on esposito but the more I think of it, the more I'd like if we could get him.

the same thing happened to Frolik last year and he's still a great player.

That would be a really bad move to move up to get him. As JMMR states he may be around at 12 anyway, if not Gillies is there as well as Petrecki.

If they move to a top 5 spot they need the D man from the hitmen.

More offseason goofishness :blink: I can't wait for everyone to be signed and the draft to go down - then instead of giving armchair GM opinions on what we should do, we can all argue where BOb screwed up after the fact :angry:

hahaha!

Yeah, I DON'T want Esposito. I hope we draft a big, tough-ish centre with power-forward potential or a Big D.

I am less annoyed in the offdeason, i don't have to watch the laziness anymore. So my batteries are recharged hoping the habs will actually play a 60 minute game next year.

The draft can only make the orginization better and it's one more summer closer to getting rid of numerous crappy contracts for dead weight.

Heh, alot of my annoyance also sprouts from Gomez, Briere, Drury, Marian Hossa, Luongo, Krusty the Clown and everyone under the sun rumoured to Toronto :puke:

Tell me about it...according to Hockeybuzz, TSN, Sportsnet, etc... half the free agents are going to Toronto this summer. Apperently the NHL (Located in TO) has decided to remove the cap restriction for the Leafs so they can win a cup for their biggest market... :wacko:

Edited by cfposi

Go on blaming one player though, it's always the easiest route to avoid the real problem and single out a scapegoat.

I'd agree on your assessment mostly. The way I see it Markov was a forsure signing, Souray should have been moved for a serious prospect or good rookie and Rivet could be kept or moved. Rivet really didn't matter one way or the other. Souray was the one that would make or break our deadline moves and the worst move of all was made in my mind. Now if we sign him for too much and too long he becomes our McCabe and could hinder this team for years to come. If we don't sign him he will walk for nothing. It's almost lose/lose. If we get him for cheap Gainey will pull this out of the fire.

I definitly believe that a trade was there and Gainey dropped the ball, if he truly is worth as much as everyone seems to think (which he isn't) than 16 teams should have been fighting for him, there was something there worth more than nothing. If Souray wanted to stay he would have signed by now, I am pretty sure he is already gone.

But I am saying nothing new here, man I miss habs hockey :(

(I predict Markov and Souray are signed for 8.5 Mil a year) :)

Souray says yes to a 4 year deal... averaged at 4 Mil Otherwise it would have been 5 mil a year for 2 years.

. The habs make Markov believe his knee is an issue and get him for 3 years at an average of 4.5 Mil (4 this season, 4.5 next season and 5 the later)

Nostradamus has seen it in his crystal puck

(I predict Markov and Souray are signed for 8.5 Mil a year) :)

Souray says yes to a 4 year deal... averaged at 4 Mil Otherwise it would have been 5 mil a year for 2 years.

. The habs make Markov believe his knee is an issue and get him for 3 years at an average of 4.5 Mil (4 this season, 4.5 next season and 5 the later)

Nostradamus has seen it in his crystal puck

I hope so

Souray says yes to a 4 year deal...

One thing I'd like to mention about Souray is the possible security factor. The only reason I'm mentioning it is because it hasn't been mentioned yet, not by a reporter and I don't think so on the board. During his wrist injury woes and his recovery he was with the Habs. The best. :hlogo: Doctor Mulder and Co. :hlogo:

Does he want to gamble on another team? He knows that Montreal is going to take care of him.

One thing I'd like to mention about Souray is the possible security factor. The only reason I'm mentioning it is because it hasn't been mentioned yet, not by a reporter and I don't think so on the board. During his wrist injury woes and his recovery he was with the Habs. The best. :hlogo: Doctor Mulder and Co. :hlogo:

Does he want to gamble on another team? He knows that Montreal is going to take care of him.

seriously speaking this is in fact the topic both the Habs and Mr Souray have to consider... better so... in Souray's particular case he will undoubtedly want a long term contract (whithout considering money here) this is his best shot at that one time dea ( the long term security deal for personal and professional reasons)l... Will the Habs give it to him or not is the question... From the Habs perspective idealy it should be a 2 year deal (because of the wrist issue). but will Souray be willing to accept that at under 4 Mil a season? When certainly some crazy team will be offering him 5 years at 5 Mil (or more) per season

Edited by CoRvInA

I am very confident that Briere is coming to the Habs. Don Cherry has mentioned it 3 times. Briere stated that he wished to come to Montreal before at a discount but hadn't broken out yet. Reggie Houle didn't think it was a good idea to get Briere.

So, here we are. Part 2 of rumour that he wants to play for Les Glorieux. Bob knows we need secondary scoring and we need a center. It's true that we could still use a big center, but if one can sign a Briere - they do so. They do not opt not to sign him because he doesn't address the size issue. You still attain him and solve the size issue with another move.

Briere wants to be a Canadien and I feel very strong that BOb is going to pony up the cash required. How this affects the roster is anyone's guess.

We will see in the summer.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

I would be very surprised if Gainey didn't make an offer to Briere. Word out of Buffalo was Gainey was attending many of the Sabres games during the playoffs...likely scouting Briere.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=7635

He'll sign in Philly

that's a Stream3 rumour

Markov will sign in montreal

Stream5

Souray in MTL or Cali

Stream3

No UFA to MTL

Stream4

Trade on Draft day

Stream4