Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

from globesports.com

boy wouldn't that be awesome.

I am a Kovy supporter (until most recently when I had had enough) but I put "TRUST" before Kovy in my priorities. If BOb can do this, that would rock. I can't wait if it is true to hear from OneSharpMarble on this :P

I am a Kovy supporter (until most recently when I had had enough) but I put "TRUST" before Kovy in my priorities. If BOb can do this, that would rock. I can't wait if it is true to hear from OneSharpMarble on this :P

while he would be more expensive, tanguay would be a legit left winger for koivu.

tanguay in his prime while kovalev as showed some sogns of fatigue.

that tanguay rumour sounds fantastic, but if it were true, I think you'd need to send more than just Kovalev (unless Tanguay is RFA or something). I would imagine the deal would have to include some mix of picks/prospects on our end, perhaps even one of our 1sts.

either way, i'd be all for it.

First the rumor for Kovalev to Washington, now to Calgary for Tanguay?

Boy am I glad Iron Mike is back in the fold...

Looks like Bob is trying to get a bidding war started! And to think that a couple of weeks it go most of us thought we couldn't get rid of him for free....

Ain't life looking grand all of a sudden.....

If this is true, (Eric Duhatschek of the Globe and Mail doesn't put bad rumors out there) it is just a bit of a drop for Calgary against the cap (almost $1M) after picking up $4M in Aucoin. This deal would be a straight up affair (possibly a fourth or something low) unless it involves Aucoin going to MTL with Tanguay but that also adds $10M to our payroll.

The suspense is killing me and leading to a lot of wasted time coming back to this board...I'm hungry for the Habs to make a deal, man. (And not just out of boredom - this team will never contend without at least one major upgrade, beyond waiting for youth). :wacko:

The suspense is killing me and leading to a lot of wasted time coming back to this board...I'm hungry for the Habs to make a deal, man. (And not just out of boredom - this team will never contend without at least one major upgrade, beyond waiting for youth). :wacko:

I think BOb is going to make us all very pleased today. La Presse has him quoted that Yashin and/or Lang will be sought by BOb IF one of the coveted UFA's (Briere etc.) is unattainable.

I think BOb is going to make us all very pleased today. La Presse has him quoted that Yashin and/or Lang will be sought by BOb IF one of the coveted UFA's (Briere etc.) is unattainable.

GAAAAAAAGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! NO YASHIN, EVER!!!!

I said it yesterday, How is getting old washed up vets good for this team? So whoever likes this idea please explain it to me.

Well for one thing they aren't taking young players' places because we don't have any young centers to fill those spots except for Plekanec who well stay on his line with Higgins and Kostitsyn and continue to get his icetime. So he doesn't hurt us.

How does it help us? We get a big talented second line center like we want. A guy who can play well with Kovalev, like we want. And a guy who'll come cheap for only 1 or 2 years, like we want. That way, his contract will expire just as prospects like Chipchura, Grabovski and Aubin are ready to make the jump into the NHL.

What could go wrong? Yashin (or Lang) could be a cancer in the dressing room. He may not light up Kovalev, just like Samsonov didn't. But he may take less money just like Samsonov didn't, so if he sucks, he'll remain tradeable, he won't get in the way of our plans by pushing us to the cap and very importantly, his contract is done at the end of the season.

The odds of someone coming in and waking up Kovalev is about as good as me making the team out of camp.

I would be looking to get rid of Kovalev before i would try and find someone to play with him.

Chipchura i think is ready to step in next year so what do you do with Pleks? Lapierre has already established himself as the 4th line center next year.

All depends on whether Chipchura is ready, which I don't think he is. If he has nothing at all to learn from the AHL then it's a waste. I never said Yashin is my #1 option. But I don't think Chipchura is ready so Yashin is still a solid player for us, I think.

Well for one thing they aren't taking young players' places because we don't have any young centers to fill those spots except for Plekanec who well stay on his line with Higgins and Kostitsyn and continue to get his icetime. So he doesn't hurt us.

How does it help us? We get a big talented second line center like we want. A guy who can play well with Kovalev, like we want. And a guy who'll come cheap for only 1 or 2 years, like we want. That way, his contract will expire just as prospects like Chipchura, Grabovski and Aubin are ready to make the jump into the NHL.

What could go wrong? Yashin (or Lang) could be a cancer in the dressing room. He may not light up Kovalev, just like Samsonov didn't. But he may take less money just like Samsonov didn't, so if he sucks, he'll remain tradeable, he won't get in the way of our plans by pushing us to the cap and very importantly, his contract is done at the end of the season.

Kovalev for Tanguay will not go away this morning.

Check this for the latest

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/draft/journal.html

11:31am - According to one source here at draft headquarters, the Canadiens have been speaking with several teams about trading their two first-round picks.

Again. if the Habs trade there picks to acquire players, they still need to trade players to make room. The Habs need there picks and make some other moves. I would be shocked if they moved picks unless it was to sweeten the deal to get of there garbage.

Some of these rumors don't even make sense. The cap isn't 100mill.

Again. if the Habs trade there picks to acquire players, they still need to trade players to make room. The Habs need there picks and make some other moves. I would be shocked if they moved picks unless it was to sweeten the deal to get of there garbage.

Some of these rumors don't even make sense. The cap isn't 100mill.

What garbage is left that you would have to sweeten the pot with any pick?

Sammy is gone...who is so worthless now?

Where do i start:

Kovalev

Bouillon

Dandenault

Souray

Ryder (i dion't think he is garbage but can you afford to pay him Kovalev numbers when you have Kovalev) He is good trade bait

Streit (hard working but a 6 or 7 on good teams

As you can tell i think they need to improve the D.

Example: Pleks Ryder and a 1st for Marleau

Where do i start:

Kovalev

Bouillon

Dandenault

Souray

Ryder (i dion't think he is garbage but can you afford to pay him Kovalev numbers when you have Kovalev) He is good trade bait

Streit (hard working but a 6 or 7 on good teams

As you can tell i think they need to improve the D.

Example: Pleks Ryder and a 1st for Marleau

None of the players you listed are garbage. And NONE of the players are so bad that you have to add a pick to have another team take them from you. Your example of Ryder,plex and a first ins't so SJ would take our trash....it's because that is what he is worth. Two roster players and a pick is textbook for a #1 Centre.

HMMM. If they are so good why can't they make the playoffs. In case you missed this team has been really bad recently, these players are a part of that. They are part of the problem not the solution.

I guess you agree about my Ryder take and trade idea, it was hard to tell.

Theo was the ONLY reason this team has made the playoffs recently.

None of the players you listed are garbage. And NONE of the players are so bad that you have to add a pick to have another team take them from you. Your example of Ryder,plex and a first ins't so SJ would take our trash....it's because that is what he is worth. Two roster players and a pick is textbook for a #1 Centre.

There are loads of reasons they didn't make the playoffs. You need to go and read it has been documented by every Canadiens media outlet.

Why all the hatred...you don't make sense

I have no hatred, i just want the team to improve. I point out opinions different then some other posters, it doesn't mean i hate them. My point is this roster just isn't good, it is very overhyped. They haven't done anything in years. Those are facts. People can blame Carbo, although 4 other coaches tried and failed with the same players. So excuses for this team being bad grows old. Blame the players and these are the ones i think can be easily replaced.

BG is doing a great job in turning the ship around and i like the direction. There are trades out there to improve the team without maxing the cap.