Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Eklund reported all weekend that NJ was shopping Gomez's signing rights to the Oilers and not to the Flyers.

Gee what a shocker, Lamoriello said that no one asked him about the rights to Gomez and that he'd never do it.

All he did was ride on the Timonen and Hartnell bandwagon and got people's hopes up for no reason. Apparently, the Oilers also finalized a deal for a great PF in the East and this was supposed to be announced when the draft finished. It's been almost 12 hours now, I'm still waiting...

Marleau would score 30+ goals as well and add way more helpers.

It would not only be points which we would get from a guy like Marleau ... he surely brings a much better defencive and physical game to the rink, simply a huge upgrade over Ryder in my eyes (just not compareable).

Seems Marleau will be available for trade. Rumours are swirling that San Jose wants Chris Drury badly if he hits the open market, and Marleau is expendable to make it happen.

I personally don't see it. Marleau is the heart and soul of that team and the one that leads them. Not Joe Thornton. The guy is a playoff bust. But getting Chris Drury would definitly fill Marleau's shoes.

What is everybody will to give up for Marleau? What do you think it would take? It would probably be alot.

I'd say Michael Ryder, Alexi Emelin(or O'Bryne) and a 1st round pick. Probably have to throw in another prospect or high pick as well.

What is everybody will to give up for Marleau? What do you think it would take? It would probably be alot.

I'd say Michael Ryder, Alexi Emelin(or O'Bryne) and a 1st round pick. Probably have to throw in another prospect or high pick as well.

if the sharks are looking to dump salary to make room for drury (or some other high level C), then it might not cost so much to get him.

To me there is a big gulf between trading emelin and o'byrne. I hate to admit it, but at this point, bringing over Emelin seems unlikely, so trading his rights isn't that big a deal (even considering his apparent potential). O'byrne is here, and hopefully will be ready to join the club soon.

I'd definitely trade Ryder to get to Marleau. I'd also trade Ryder to get to Tanguay if that rumour isn't completely dead.

I think Ryder, Perezhogin rights, 2nd rounder, emelin rights for Marleau + 5th sounds reasonable. Maybe you only deal one of the russian rights and throw a lower prospect (aka Korneev or Locke).

Man, I hate prognosticating on trades... I always feel so EA.

Seems Marleau will be available for trade. Rumours are swirling that San Jose wants Chris Drury badly if he hits the open market, and Marleau is expendable to make it happen.

I personally don't see it. Marleau is the heart and soul of that team and the one that leads them. Not Joe Thornton. The guy is a playoff bust. But getting Chris Drury would definitly fill Marleau's shoes.

Take O'Bryne out and make sure it is a 2009 first round pick with ryder then that is it. No 2008 1st round picks should be traded but acquired as it is supposed to be a good draft. Marleau is UFA after next year is he not?

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

Yes, Marleau will be UFA next year. I don't think Gainey is the type to trade 1st rounders and he usually likes straight up, one-for-one deals. We have no one to give for Marleau though. I'm still sticking to Ryder, Grabovski + 3rd.

Yes, Marleau will be UFA next year. I don't think Gainey is the type to trade 1st rounders and he usually likes straight up, one-for-one deals. We have no one to give for Marleau though. I'm still sticking to Ryder, Grabovski + 3rd.

IMO, if it happens, it'd be a Pronger-deal.

Gainey trades only if SJ signs Marleau to a contract which falls into Gainey's requirements, etc.

Take O'Bryne out and make sure it is a 2009 first round pick with ryder then that is it. No 2008 1st round picks should be traded but acquired as it is supposed to be a good draft. Marleau is UFA after next year is he not?

Not too mention that Tavares will be in the 2008 draft (not that we will have a shot at him)

2009!

JMMR, his agent was on the radio in T-DOT saying he is pushing for the 2008 draft and has a good shot at being added. His birthday is 5 days off the cutoff date and wants to get the league to make an exception. If I were a betting man, I would say 2009 but then I would probably lose that bet... :hlogo:

JMMR, his agent was on the radio in T-DOT saying he is pushing for the 2008 draft and has a good shot at being added. His birthday is 5 days off the cutoff date and wants to get the league to make an exception. If I were a betting man, I would say 2009 but then I would probably lose that bet... :hlogo:

To take it a step further he has a hearing date (August) with the NHL powers that be to discuss the matter. I'd imagine this is just preliminary talk, but it is something John, and his family want.

Eklund: 75% chance that Montreal lands Briere or Marleau.

Take it for a grain of salt if you wish.

99% chance that Eklund is Gary Bettman in disguise! (e4)

75% chance Eklund will get something right after he reads info on another site. (e3)

100% chance I just like picking on his predictions. (e4)

100% chance I will say GO HABS GO at least 400 times between September and December 2007. (e4)

Ahhh glad I take non of this seriously, GO HABS GO! :rolleyes:

Ovechkin was off by even less days and the NHL said no.

The Panthers actually burned a 3rd rounder trying to pick him they tried to use some leap year argument anwyays there is no CHANCE IN HELL he gets into the next draft.

SAKS AVENUE RUMOUR

HABS will land both Briere and Marleau.

For Marleau we will give the rights to negotiate with Souray,Ryder, Emelin and a second round pick in 08.

Fantastic projection. Koivu, Briere and Marleau down the middle. Maybe Plecks too.

If we go to a European-sized rink, no problem.

Why not? I cant think of any other man to be our 3rd line centre.

:hlogo:

Plekanec is a perfect third line centre and a solid player for our team, but San Jose might want him in a package in exchange for Marleau.

I would try every option possible to have him not included in that package, and I'm sure Bob will try to keep him as well, but you never know.

Plekanec is a perfect third line centre and a solid player for our team, but San Jose might want him in a package in exchange for Marleau.

I would try every option possible to have him not included in that package, and I'm sure Bob will try to keep him as well, but you never know.

I agree. That is why if anyone, I hope they would look at Ryder. This guy is a hard @$$ at contract time, but is a good player for the

habs. His goal scoring would be missed along with his new attitude at checking.

In order to move forward, one has to give up something of value to get the player wanted.

Remember, it may take Ryder and Pleks to get him. You need to give something good to get something good.

Chipchura and Lapierre will be 3rd and 4th line centers this year.

I also agree Pleks is a great player, solid work ethic and brings it every night which most of the habs don't. So it would be tough to lose him but if you want marleua it will cost alot.

Remember, it may take Ryder and Pleks to get him. You need to give something good to get something good.

Chipchura and Lapierre will be 3rd and 4th line centers this year.

I also agree Pleks is a great player, solid work ethic and brings it every night which most of the habs don't. So it would be tough to lose him but if you want marleua it will cost alot.

shhhhh.. Talk softly you are negotiating the wrong way for us habs get something for nothing dreamers.

If they want those 2, Pleks and Ryder , or either one for Marleau I'd tell them to piss off, as Pleks was better than him srt8 up down the stretch last year.