Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Eklund is getting on my nerves. I'm not even going to post it. :angry:

Why because SHanny and D Markov are e3's to the Habs now?

Yeah, why do I get the impression that he is triffeling with us?

Would be sweed to get D markov though and get rid of Bouillion.

Bouillon was hurt last year, expect a better season from him.

Which is not to say that Markov wouldn't be welcome - he's a real blood and guts guy.

The problem is his blood and guts are spilled alot and he is injury prone now.

there has to be a replacement out there that is more reliable.

The only way I can see Montreal going after Shanny is if we move Ryder one way or another.

what about kovy or samsonov

umm... sammy's gone to Chicago.

nice for who

Salmalainen and Cullimore, who we then bought out. The whole hting was just a salary dump for Montreal. This happened a couple of weeks ago, actually.

So why does EK have Salami going to Philly as a rumor. Did I miss something? Is he not retiring. I thought it was Anaheim or nothing. What's up with signing in Philly?

If he was to sign with the Habs I would shit my pants, but it would also mean CUP this year.

According to eklund the hockey "master" shanahan is heading to montreal (e3)

didnt gainey say that he wasn't interested in persuiing shanny?

Those of you who have given up on the hopes of a UFA. Remember that Gainey said he was done "calling" but he also did say that "his line is open" for UFA's to call him. It doesn't mean we are done. If the right UFA comes calling offering the right contract, Gainey may still sign one.

If D.Markov was available to us why the hell did we sign Hamrlik? Seriously if Gainey took Hamrlik over the other Markov he should be punched in the face. Shanny I don't care as much about.

Gainey has one big move left to do or else we are gonna be struggling this year aswell.

If D.Markov was available to us why the hell did we sign Hamrlik? Seriously if Gainey took Hamrlik over the other Markov he should be punched in the face. Shanny I don't care as much about.

Gainey has one big move left to do or else we are gonna be struggling this year aswell.

Hamrlik is better overall than D Markov... He'll play both the PP and PK. D Markov is a #4, physical defensive d-man at best.

Hamrlik is better overall than D Markov... He'll play both the PP and PK. D Markov is a #4, physical defensive d-man at best.

Meh I am not that angry about that as I am about the lack of 1st line center trade so far.

Meh I am not that angry about that as I am about the lack of 1st line center trade so far.

I cannot believe that "this is it". The trade (I believe it's coming) will occur when it does. It could take until January (I hope not)

I cannot believe that "this is it". The trade (I believe it's coming) will occur when it does. It could take until January (I hope not)

All Gainey has to do is Anonymously send this to Doug Wilson

Then nonchalantly call him up and ask what they are looking for concerning Marleau

You think the Koivu/Ryder/Lats line stands up to the Sundin/Blake/I don't know who they put here line?

No way, we either get ourselves a strong 1st liner or another center like Koivu or be prepared to lose.

You think the Koivu/Ryder/Lats line stands up to the Sundin/Blake/I don't know who they put here line?

No way, we either get ourselves a strong 1st liner or another center like Koivu or be prepared to lose.

I think that Higgins/Koivu/Ryder would stand up nicely against Sundin/Blake/and either Ponikarovsky or Tucker(the only 2 options they have for that wing spot). JMHO.

Blake played WAAAYYY over his head last year...he's a good player but he's not going to put up 40 goals a season every year.

For that matter, I think a Plekanec/Kovalev and one of Lats/Kosty line is a solid 2nd line...the young guys are coming along nicely and will solidfy the scoring IMHO. The team needs a physical presence that can score on the 3rd line.

This team needs another puck moving d-man that can still play D.

Jovonovski?? Heard he's on the block...how'd the D look then?

As much as I think Gainey can be a good GM he really ISN'T doing anything.

That's a veiled criticism because I think they've drafted well and he's made a couple of decent moves...but he has done nothing of significance to improve this team quickly. SO, either he thinks the young guys will step up very soon or he's just running out the status quo.

I think that Higgins/Koivu/Ryder would stand up nicely against Sundin/Blake/and either Ponikarovsky or Tucker(the only 2 options they have for that wing spot). JMHO.

Blake played WAAAYYY over his head last year...he's a good player but he's not going to put up 40 goals a season every year.

For that matter, I think a Plekanec/Kovalev and one of Lats/Kosty line is a solid 2nd line...the young guys are coming along nicely and will solidfy the scoring IMHO. The team needs a physical presence that can score on the 3rd line.

That's a veiled criticism because I think they've drafted well and he's made a couple of decent moves...but he has done nothing of significance to improve this team quickly. SO, either he thinks the young guys will step up very soon or he's just running out the status quo.

Playing beside Sundin he will do just as well because lets face it Sundin is an incredibly strong player who has lacked help all these years. Blake has the skill and the size to really be the missing piece for them. Ryder isn't happy here and Koivu can't continue to carry the entire team. The 1st line is too small.

Plekanec and Kovalev are terrible together as we saw last season and Lats only plays well when Koivu is spoon feeding him. We don't need any more 3rd liners as we have piles of them, we need a real threat on the first line, no more pretenders.

We have 2-5 million dollar D men secured, no more, lets get an offensive player that is worth that 5 million that can help Koivu. Gainey so far has done nothing but make lateral movements and acquire role players to keep the fans content. No progress whatsoever. How many more years is it going to be before another PPG player plays in Montreal? Seriously this is ridiculous.

I am telling you that both of Torontos acquistions are vast improvments, If Toskala plays up to his potential and Blake helps Sundin they are gonna walk all over us this year. They might move Raycroft and pick up yet another player while we sit and stagnat on the hopes our youth picks up the slack.

Yeah, the Habs do need offensive help badly.

It's sort of odd how the only moves made haven't addressed that situation at all, it's one that has been hurting Montreal teams for the past 6-7 years.

Yeah, the Habs do need offensive help badly.

It's sort of odd how the only moves made haven't addressed that situation at all, it's one that has been hurting Montreal teams for the past 6-7 years.

First, I agree that Blake is a huge missing piece for TO. Still, I'm not quaking in my boots about those shmoes. And if Toskala is so great, how come he couldn't win the job outright in San Jose?

Yes, we need offence...but when Bob took over we needed a whole whack of things. (As frustrating as Kovalev is, imagine the state of our offence if we didn't have him around?) My guess is that the philosophy will be the traditional Habs one, defensive system first, and learn to use the defensive game as a platform for offence. A few more goals from Kovy (certainly possible), Higgins (possible), Lats (very possible) and perhaps Smolinski (chipping in more than Bonk) and things suddenly might look up. It's no guarantee, but let's not jump off the bridge just yet...

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Playing beside Sundin he will do just as well because lets face it Sundin is an incredibly strong player who has lacked help all these years. Blake has the skill and the size to really be the missing piece for them. Ryder isn't happy here and Koivu can't continue to carry the entire team. The 1st line is too small.

Plekanec and Kovalev are terrible together as we saw last season and Lats only plays well when Koivu is spoon feeding him. We don't need any more 3rd liners as we have piles of them, we need a real threat on the first line, no more pretenders.

We have 2-5 million dollar D men secured, no more, lets get an offensive player that is worth that 5 million that can help Koivu. Gainey so far has done nothing but make lateral movements and acquire role players to keep the fans content. No progress whatsoever. How many more years is it going to be before another PPG player plays in Montreal? Seriously this is ridiculous.

I am telling you that both of Torontos acquistions are vast improvments, If Toskala plays up to his potential and Blake helps Sundin they are gonna walk all over us this year. They might move Raycroft and pick up yet another player while we sit and stagnat on the hopes our youth picks up the slack.

Toronto has signed those players because they HAVE NO prospects that can step up, at the same time we are loaded with them. Latendresse is a year older with experience, look for him to bring in the goals we lost in Souray and then I bet Kovalev will have a much better season. Im looking forward to this season.

The way I see it is that we dont need to bring in a onetime 40 goals scorer for 4M a year because we might already have those on the team waiting to explode.

TRADE RUMOURS:

Canadiens talking to Stars

who could that be? (Ribeiro ;) )

heheh, that would be something. we get rid of Sammy and bring back Ribs :wacko: :wacko:

Morrow is married to Carbo's daughter...that would be nice!.

More likely its Stefan and or Boucher, but after that they have nothing. Either way what are we trading to Dallas for players we don't really have pressing needs for?

TRADE RUMOURS:

Canadiens talking to Stars

who could that be? (Ribeiro ;) )

heheh, that would be something. we get rid of Sammy and bring back Ribs :wacko: :wacko:

Morrow is married to Carbo's daughter...that would be nice!.

More likely its Stefan and or Boucher, but after that they have nothing. Either way what are we trading to Dallas for players we don't really have pressing needs for?

Stefan is a UFA.

If it isn't one of the big 3 up front. Morrow, Lehtinen or Modano...I am not interested. If anything the most likely trying to unload someone like Dandenault or Murray.