Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

TRADE RUMOURS:

Canadiens talking to Stars

who could that be? (Ribeiro ;) )

heheh, that would be something. we get rid of Sammy and bring back Ribs :wacko: :wacko:

Morrow is married to Carbo's daughter...that would be nice!.

More likely its Stefan and or Boucher, but after that they have nothing. Either way what are we trading to Dallas for players we don't really have pressing needs for?

Stefan is a UFA.

If it isn't one of the big 3 up front. Morrow, Lehtinen or Modano...I am not interested. If anything the most likely trying to unload someone like Dandenault or Murray.

If I could choose, I'd take Morrow. No offence to Modano but I think he'll retire there.

Seems to me like every "rumor" when the Habs are mentioned are usually french (or french sounding names).......I could care less where their from, I just want this team to get better with whoever's available

Rumor I heard was Luc la Toque for Johhny Whitebread............. e7

Haven't we learned or lesson from the past? ....yes there are good players coming out of Quebec; but there not all Habs Allstars. Maybe we could start a list of "allstars" with french[sounding] names that flopped....

You think the Koivu/Ryder/Lats line stands up to the Sundin/Blake/I don't know who they put here line?

No way, we either get ourselves a strong 1st liner or another center like Koivu or be prepared to lose.

I think that Higgins/Koivu/Ryder would stand up nicely against Sundin/Blake/and either Ponikarovsky or Tucker(the only 2 options they have for that wing spot). JMHO.

Blake played WAAAYYY over his head last year...he's a good player but he's not going to put up 40 goals a season every year.

For that matter, I think a Plekanec/Kovalev and one of Lats/Kosty line is a solid 2nd line...the young guys are coming along nicely and will solidfy the scoring IMHO. The team needs a physical presence that can score on the 3rd line.

This team needs another puck moving d-man that can still play D.

Jovonovski?? Heard he's on the block...how'd the D look then?

As much as I think Gainey can be a good GM he really ISN'T doing anything.

That's a veiled criticism because I think they've drafted well and he's made a couple of decent moves...but he has done nothing of significance to improve this team quickly. SO, either he thinks the young guys will step up very soon or he's just running out the status quo.

Playing beside Sundin he will do just as well because lets face it Sundin is an incredibly strong player who has lacked help all these years. Blake has the skill and the size to really be the missing piece for them. Ryder isn't happy here and Koivu can't continue to carry the entire team. The 1st line is too small.

Plekanec and Kovalev are terrible together as we saw last season and Lats only plays well when Koivu is spoon feeding him. We don't need any more 3rd liners as we have piles of them, we need a real threat on the first line, no more pretenders.

We have 2-5 million dollar D men secured, no more, lets get an offensive player that is worth that 5 million that can help Koivu. Gainey so far has done nothing but make lateral movements and acquire role players to keep the fans content. No progress whatsoever. How many more years is it going to be before another PPG player plays in Montreal? Seriously this is ridiculous.

I am telling you that both of Torontos acquistions are vast improvments, If Toskala plays up to his potential and Blake helps Sundin they are gonna walk all over us this year. They might move Raycroft and pick up yet another player while we sit and stagnat on the hopes our youth picks up the slack.

Toronto has signed those players because they HAVE NO prospects that can step up, at the same time we are loaded with them. Latendresse is a year older with experience, look for him to bring in the goals we lost in Souray and then I bet Kovalev will have a much better season. Im looking forward to this season.

The way I see it is that we dont need to bring in a onetime 40 goals scorer for 4M a year because we might already have those on the team waiting to explode.

Yeah why sign a 40 goal scorer at 4 million when we can pay a 18 goal scorer 4.5 million? Lats will not Make up for Sourays offense, he wasn't that impressive, Kovalev might have a better season, it would be pretty tough to have a worse one. With this same line up last year we struggled terribly, now the leafs have addressed a few of their problems and we havn't so don't get your hopes up.

Yeah why sign a 40 goal scorer at 4 million when we can pay a 18 goal scorer 4.5 million? Lats will not Make up for Sourays offense, he wasn't that impressive, Kovalev might have a better season, it would be pretty tough to have a worse one. With this same line up last year we struggled terribly, now the leafs have addressed a few of their problems and we havn't so don't get your hopes up.

YEAH, AND THAT STINKIN' BLAKE IS A HABS KILLER TO BOOT AND TO MAKE IT EVEN WORSE, WE LOST OUR LEEFY KILLER - PEROGY :(

YEAH, AND THAT STINKIN' BLAKE IS A HABS KILLER TO BOOT AND TO MAKE IT EVEN WORSE, WE LOST OUR LEEFY KILLER - PEROGY :(

Perezhogin LEAF KILLER?!?!? :rolleyes::lol:

Good one! :clap:

Playing beside Sundin he will do just as well because lets face it Sundin is an incredibly strong player who has lacked help all these years. Blake has the skill and the size to really be the missing piece for them. Ryder isn't happy here and Koivu can't continue to carry the entire team. The 1st line is too small.

Plekanec and Kovalev are terrible together as we saw last season and Lats only plays well when Koivu is spoon feeding him. We don't need any more 3rd liners as we have piles of them, we need a real threat on the first line, no more pretenders.

We have 2-5 million dollar D men secured, no more, lets get an offensive player that is worth that 5 million that can help Koivu. Gainey so far has done nothing but make lateral movements and acquire role players to keep the fans content. No progress whatsoever. How many more years is it going to be before another PPG player plays in Montreal? Seriously this is ridiculous.

I am telling you that both of Torontos acquistions are vast improvments, If Toskala plays up to his potential and Blake helps Sundin they are gonna walk all over us this year. They might move Raycroft and pick up yet another player while we sit and stagnat on the hopes our youth picks up the slack.

Sundin is a very good player but let's face it, Blake's career has been nothing special until last year. He's basically Darcy Tucker. A good player but certainly not a superstar...and consistent 40 goal scorers still classify as "stars" at least. Blake is NOT that yet and I don't think he can do it.

Pleks didn't really come out of his shell until the 2nd half. I don't know that this had anything to do with Kovalev...but they didn't really play a lot together in the 2nd half.

This team needs another D-man who can move the puck in transition. Our forwards WILL score more simply because they'd have d-men who could do more then dump the puck off the sideboards or deep into the corners. Not a hard concept to see...

We have all sorts of speed and skill players and are d-men were having them dump and chase because they didn't have the passing skills, creativity or vision to get them the puck in the neutral zone where they could actually do something. Hamrlik helps in this department but it's still not enough IMHO. Having 3 guys like this would really help the forwards.

The Leafs played over their heads last year, their youth is marginal, their depth is marginal, and all they added was Blake and a slight upgrade in net. All said, the Leafs MAY have added JUST ENOUGH to scrape into the playoffs. The Habs gains primarily come with better defense, having a healthy goalie situation, and some very good young players entering their potential break out years...remember, if the Habs didn't stink for the middle part of the season they'd have finished with a pretty good record. If I remember the numbers correctly if they even played .500 hockey during that slump they'd have been a 4th or 5th seed...

i think that 3rd puckmover will be Streit, who has continued to improve and can be a very good #5

I like Streit but I'd rather see another proven guy in that role. Our entire defence would be solidified...we'd have 5 quality d-men and a whole bunch of guys who can handle the 6th and 7th spot.

Sundin is a very good player but let's face it, Blake's career has been nothing special until last year. He's basically Darcy Tucker. A good player but certainly not a superstar...and consistent 40 goal scorers still classify as "stars" at least. Blake is NOT that yet and I don't think he can do it.

Pleks didn't really come out of his shell until the 2nd half. I don't know that this had anything to do with Kovalev...but they didn't really play a lot together in the 2nd half.

This team needs another D-man who can move the puck in transition. Our forwards WILL score more simply because they'd have d-men who could do more then dump the puck off the sideboards or deep into the corners. Not a hard concept to see...

We have all sorts of speed and skill players and are d-men were having them dump and chase because they didn't have the passing skills, creativity or vision to get them the puck in the neutral zone where they could actually do something. Hamrlik helps in this department but it's still not enough IMHO. Having 3 guys like this would really help the forwards.

The Leafs played over their heads last year, their youth is marginal, their depth is marginal, and all they added was Blake and a slight upgrade in net. All said, the Leafs MAY have added JUST ENOUGH to scrape into the playoffs. The Habs gains primarily come with better defense, having a healthy goalie situation, and some very good young players entering their potential break out years...remember, if the Habs didn't stink for the middle part of the season they'd have finished with a pretty good record. If I remember the numbers correctly if they even played .500 hockey during that slump they'd have been a 4th or 5th seed...

No pleks and Kovy didn't play together the 2nd half because they were terrible the first half, and when was the last time the Habs had a 40 goal scorer? If you want to go check it's ok I will wait......

We have zero forwards who can gain the line, Kovy used to do it but he is old and slow now. Time to bite the bullet and make he single most important change we have been needing for 10 years.

If anyone deserves to be considered to be playing over their heads last season its the habs. Even in the first half we were winning games on Huets back and by one measly goal. We never dominated one game last season and when it came down to it we didn't have the size or will to keep up that thin margin of error.

Yes Huet will be healthy again and we will probably make a similar run but without the offense and a true power forward that can gain that line time and again I don't see us making any progress next year.

Whats the dilly? What did he do this time?

major trade between Vancouver and Habs (possibly a three way with Toronto), also an as yet undetermined deal between Islanders and Habs, and the Habs pick up either a D (not Boucher) or Lehtinen from Dallas.

Edited by simonus
clarity

major trade between Vancouver and Habs (possibly a three way with Toronto), also an as yet undetermined deal between Islanders and Habs, and the Habs pick up either a D (not Boucher) or Lehtinen from Dallas.

The Canucks have been rumoured to making a big deal for a while now. I guess we'll wait and see if anything happens this time....... I'll trust Eklund for now. :unsure:

I hope this doesn't happen. I would h ave loved Lehtinen 3-4 years ago. He is not what the habs currently need.

I want bourdon! (dreaming is free :rolleyes: )

Does anyone on this site ever dream about non-french players. :wacko:

The Canucks have been rumoured to making a big deal for a while now. I guess we'll wait and see if anything happens this time....... I'll trust Eklund for now. :unsure:

Quite frankly, there really isn't anyone on the Canucks that i would want (other then Luongo, if Price and Halak didn't look so good).

This is his latest drivel....

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8549

On a scale of 0 to 10, this is what I'd like...on the Habs.

Markov 4

Peca 0

Yashin 1

Allison 1

McCarty 4

Boulton 5

Wow, he really went out on a limb picking Shanahan resigning with the Rangers. ( I sort of had my fingers crossed we would land him )

Forsberg would be an interesting possibility, but maybe BG is leaving enough cap space in order to make a grand pillage at the trade deadline. ^_^

This is his latest drivel....

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8549

On a scale of 0 to 10, this is what I'd like...on the Habs.

Markov 4

Peca 0

Yashin 1

Allison 1

McCarty 4

Boulton 5

Wow, he really went out on a limb picking Shanahan resigning with the Rangers. ( I sort of had my fingers crossed we would land him )

Forsberg would be an interesting possibility, but maybe BG is leaving enough cap space in order to make a grand pillage at the trade deadline. ^_^

Heheh... shouldn't this really be in the Permanent Rumour Thread???

Does anyone on this site ever dream about non-french players. :wacko:

What's wrong with dreaming about French Canadian stars? French Canadian stars have always been at the heart of Canadiens Cup teams.

Yeah, back when they had the pick of the litter.....all the sudden the Entry draft comes along and the cups dry up.