Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Didn't see it posted. If it was - please forgive.

Eklund the anonymous blogger says Ryder is next to receive an RFA offer

Yeah but since he filed for arbitration he can not recieve one.,

Is that actually true? I don't think it is... I remember not too long ago a player who was arbitration eligible getting dealt before the hearing, and then the new GM had to attend the hearing for a player they just acquired. I think you have up to the hearing to have regular talks as a RFA.

well I guess theoretically Ryder could withdraw his arbitration request and then get the offer sheet, but that would be very presumptuous if there wasnt a bit of collusion before the act.

I wrote Ek to tell him off on this.

I am beginning to believe this Eklund thing is just a player trade generation program that manifests trades on web sites like an infecting virus.

He's been right on alot of things but I also get the impression he is aware of how DIEHARD the Habs fan can be. So, IMO he's legit with Montreal nonsense to boot to get us DIEHARDS to pop into his site :angry:

According to my 'source', haha, a french buddy,

Souray has signed a 6 year deal with NJ.

6 years at +/- the same amount Gainey offered.

Time will tell.

According to my 'source', haha, a french buddy,

Souray has signed a 6 year deal with NJ.

6 years at +/- the same amount Gainey offered.

Time will tell.

Even though I like Sheldon, 4 years max for a contract for him. 6 years is just dumb. I did not know Devils had much money to spend.

Eklund listed Ryder behind a few other guys. I think Ryder is amazing, but there are other RFA's in the NHL who have more "prestige" I guess, I think Ryder flies under the radar. Gainey should just give him what he wants, he deserves atleast 3 mil.

Eklund - Selanne to Philly (e4)

I seriously doubt that Selanne will sign in Philly but if he does I'll be pissed!

That would make me happy. The NHL Flyers are finally starting to catch up to the HWL Flyers (see display picture).

Im starting to get worried about Ryder and this arbitration business. I thought Ryder would have been one of Gainey's top priorities this summer. He is our top scorer and an all round good player. Remember that game against T dot last season. Was it four goals he had? Anyway he's said he likes montreal he was a habs fan growing up. I think he needs to be signed. NOW

:hlogo:

What?! I can remember reading an interview on the official Canadiens site that Ryder grew up being a Maple Leafs fan. Is it you or me that's got it all wrong?

You're right....he is a leaf fan. He told me right to my face a few years ago.

Eklund - Selanne to Philly (e4)

I seriously doubt that Selanne will sign in Philly but if he does I'll be pissed!

Yeah me two, thats means he could have been a Habbie!

HE WILL NOT SIGN IN PHILLY

Eklund is getting on my nerves. I'm not even going to post it. :angry:

Why because SHanny and D Markov are e3's to the Habs now?

Yeah, why do I get the impression that he is triffeling with us?

Would be sweed to get D markov though and get rid of Bouillion.

Shanny or Daniil would be awesome

I've wanted Markov and Shanny all along, but I gave up hope when BG said he was done shopping. I'm not holding my breath (it's eklund, after all) but if either happens I'll be very very pleased

Shanny or Daniil would be awesome

I've wanted Markov and Shanny all along, but I gave up hope when BG said he was done shopping. I'm not holding my breath (it's eklund, after all) but if either happens I'll be very very pleased

I concur. If I had to choose, I'd take Markov.

Eklund is getting on my nerves. I'm not even going to post it. :angry:

Why because SHanny and D Markov are e3's to the Habs now?

Yeah, why do I get the impression that he is triffeling with us?

Would be sweed to get D markov though and get rid of Bouillion.

Bouillon was hurt last year, expect a better season from him.

Which is not to say that Markov wouldn't be welcome - he's a real blood and guts guy.