Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Eklund is sipping the strong booze today, rumours with the names "Avery" and "Habs" in the same line. Would love to hear the audience at the roster presentation. Michel Lacroix (I think thats his name) = Number 24 SEAN AVERY!!! Fans = BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

They would only boo until he drilled Tucker on the boards. He is what Montreal needs...someone the fans can get really excited about.

They would only boo until he drilled Tucker on the boards. He is what Montreal needs...someone the fans can get really excited about.

Actually, a Darcy Tucker is the player we need...and of course he was the player we HAD until we idiotically traded him to Tampa Bay back when Reggie The Fool was in charge. (God help me, when I think of the assets that blithering moron dealt away for next to nothing - Conroy, Keane, Tucker, Bure, Roy...) The difference between Tucker and Avery is that Tucker is not known far and wide as a bigot, doesn't turtle when challenged to fight, and isn't reknowned for being a complete idiot. Yes, he's a total prick on the ice, but that's why you'd love him on your team. Avery? Just say no to anti-French bigots on the Habs.

Yup, last time I looked he gets under the other teams skin and Montreal could use his type.

Eklund is sipping the strong booze today, rumours with the names "Avery" and "Habs" in the same line. Would love to hear the audience at the roster presentation. Michel Lacroix (I think thats his name) = Number 24 SEAN AVERY!!! Fans = BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Not for anything...but avery brings certain things that can help a team, if gainey gets him and means we have a better team so then be it, you shouldnt complain who he brings.....

Example...if sundin wanted to sign here would you boo him ?

Not for anything...but avery brings certain things that can help a team, if gainey gets him and means we have a better team so then be it, you shouldnt complain who he brings.....

Example...if sundin wanted to sign here would you boo him ?

I bet more people would cheer Sundin in Montreal then they do in Toronto.

I bet more people would cheer Sundin in Montreal then they do in Toronto.

Sundin would be very appreciated in Montreal. Many local know-it-all Leaf fans say he sucks, crap leader and should go away. I bet they also want to bring back DumbDumb Domi too!

Me Idiot? The would bring back Me Idiot?

TIE DOMI

123 4567

ME IDIOT

63 24751

NICE ANAGRAM :lol:

There are a few like that.

Jaromir = Mario jr.

and my personal favorite

mother inlaw = Woman Hitler :lol:

I'm sure the fans would boo Avery (and chastize Gainey) because of his well reported anti-Francophone remarks rather than his on ice play (or even his selfish reputation). Most other "hated" players don't have that strike against them in Montreal. Avery may be hated league wide, but a Montreal makeover would be next to impossible. There are just some bridges that are harder to re-build after someone has burned them down.

Lapierre's going to be a great pest anyways. Having he and Kostopolous for the next 2 years will be a welcome change in the accountability and opponent irritation department.

Lapierre's going to be a great pest anyways. Having he and Kostopolous for the next 2 years will be a welcome change in the accountability and opponent irritation department.

A Lapierre-Bégin-Kostopoulos 4th line'd make a great I-get-under-your-skin type of line :king:

I'm sure the fans would boo Avery (and chastize Gainey) because of his well reported anti-Francophone remarks rather than his on ice play (or even his selfish reputation). Most other "hated" players don't have that strike against them in Montreal. Avery may be hated league wide, but a Montreal makeover would be next to impossible. There are just some bridges that are harder to re-build after someone has burned them down.

I agree...and I also think that bigots have no place wearing the :hlogo: . Especially not anti-French ones. Call me sentimental.

More Eklundies

Domino #2: Montreal and San Jose

Should this trade not happen for any reason, the Canadiens are looking to jump into the fray. One source told me last evening. "The Sharks want a defenseman and a young goalie plus possibly a pick from Montreal. It is not Price of course. He is the franchise and along with Higgins the two impossible players to get out of Montreal right now. Price is untouchable."

So that's, what, Halak/Danis + a 1st/2nd/3rd + Streit/Dandenault/Emelin/Bouillion? I guess, since we don't know who would be coming back, it's hard to guess. Still, this rumour follows on from the Marleau-for-Redden rumours, so one might presume it's him. And the Sharks are quite weak behind the aging Nabokov (who's 31 already, yikes).

Which package would be suitable for some of their forwards (if Marleau is not the intended target)?

More Eklundies

So that's, what, Halak/Danis + a 1st/2nd/3rd + Streit/Dandenault/Emelin/Bouillion? I guess, since we don't know who would be coming back, it's hard to guess. Still, this rumour follows on from the Marleau-for-Redden rumours, so one might presume it's him. And the Sharks are quite weak behind the aging Nabokov (who's 31 already, yikes).

Which package would be suitable for some of their forwards (if Marleau is not the intended target)?

If there's one thing the Sharks are not weak at currently, it's the goaltending position. This is the team that dealt a highly touted goalie in Nolan Schaefer to the Pens at the trade deadline to give Dmitri Patzold some more PT. They also have a pair of other decent young goalies (Thomas Greiss and Taylor Dakers) under contract already, so I'd be surprised if they'd want a guy like Halak (it wouldn't be Danis, that's for sure.)

One thing to take note of here: If the Habs were to acquire Marleau and only move out Halak and Dandenault (highest salaried that Aussie listed) from the current roster, re-sign Ryder, and promote Price to NHL backup/1A-1B status, the Habs would be over the upper payroll limit to start next season. Just makes that little tidbit that more interesting...

If there's one thing the Sharks are not weak at currently, it's the goaltending position. This is the team that dealt a highly touted goalie in Nolan Schaefer to the Pens at the trade deadline to give Dmitri Patzold some more PT. They also have a pair of other decent young goalies (Thomas Greiss and Taylor Dakers) under contract already, so I'd be surprised if they'd want a guy like Halak (it wouldn't be Danis, that's for sure.)

One thing to take note of here: If the Habs were to acquire Marleau and only move out Halak and Dandenault (highest salaried that Aussie listed) from the current roster, re-sign Ryder, and promote Price to NHL backup/1A-1B status, the Habs would be over the upper payroll limit to start next season. Just makes that little tidbit that more interesting...

I'll say one thing: if not for the idiotic Thornton trade, Marleau for Dandeneault and Halak would be steal of the century. My view would be: make the deal first and worry about the cap later. However, Doug Wilson is anything but stupid, and this trade won't go down - unless they're just in a hurry to unload Marleau.

I still don't see why Wilson wants to unload Marleau. dlbalr made a solid point about the Sharks depth in the pipes, another point I'd make is do the Sharks even need defense?

Rivet, Vlasic, Carle and McLaren will log all the top 4 dman ice time.

Murray, Ehrhoff and Davison do a good job and any of the Streit/Bouillon/Dandenault/Emelin combination Eklund suggests isn't much of a significant upgrade from any of the guys the Sharks already have.

If that Marleau deal will happen, the Sharks need a stellar blue liner from the get go.

In other words, someone significant will move from Montreal blue line (a.k.a. everyone aside Markov) in a Marleau deal to get it done.

Edit: And I'm not even considering Ty Wishart here who should solid defenceman in the NHL.

Addition to Eklund's Marleau conspiracy:

According to my sources the trade involving the Sharks and Sens is OFF for the time being. "It looks to NOT be happening due to a road block. Not 100% dead yet, but not looking likely at this point. The major roadblock that they were waiting on looks to have held it up. " This could open the door for Montreal as was written above...or "another eastern team with a high priced and talented D-man."

We just signed Hamrlik ... Markov is our best D ... Komisarek is still growing.

SJ can't be after a high priced, talented D-man from the Habs, can they?

Addition to Eklund's Marleau conspiracy:

We just signed Hamrlik ... Markov is our best D ... Komisarek is still growing.

SJ can't be after a high priced, talented D-man from the Habs, can they?

That wouldn't make sense from Montreal's perspective if you're referring to Markov. It's very likely that Doug Wilson is asking for Markov. It certainly makes sense to them. As far as the 2 players go, I have to say that Markov is more valuble to Montreal as an MVP than Marleau in Montreal or San Jose could ever hope to be. BOb signing Markov and trading him spells doom for future UFA's who might want to come here. The situation is bad enough without us being seen as signing a stud D who wants to be here for 4 years and dumping him.

I wouldn't be surprised if BOb is dangling prospect D players whilst Wilson is demanding Komi or Markov. Both of whom would be a mistake to part with to get Marleau IMO.

Yes, we need a Marleau. I want Marleau in Montreal but not for that. It's too bad Wilson wants roster players and not prospects. I could live with losing Valentenko. I know many won't like the suggestion but who else? The closest player we have to being NHL ready is Valentenko or O'Byrne. But Valentenko has elements in his game that could serve San Jose faster than O'Byrne's could.

Anyway, that's enough of the rant. The rant of "why Marleau isn't a Canadien yet" :lol:

That wouldn't make sense from Montreal's perspective if you're referring to Markov. It's very likely that Doug Wilson is asking for Markov. It certainly makes sense to them. As far as the 2 players go, I have to say that Markov is more valuble to Montreal as an MVP than Marleau in Montreal or San Jose could ever hope to be. BOb signing Markov and trading him spells doom for future UFA's who might want to come here. The situation is bad enough without us being seen as signing a stud D who wants to be here for 4 years and dumping him.

I wouldn't be surprised if BOb is dangling prospect D players whilst Wilson is demanding Komi or Markov. Both of whom would be a mistake to part with to get Marleau IMO.

Yes, we need a Marleau. I want Marleau in Montreal but not for that. It's too bad Wilson wants roster players and not prospects. I could live with losing Valentenko. I know many won't like the suggestion but who else? The closest player we have to being NHL ready is Valentenko or O'Byrne. But Valentenko has elements in his game that could serve San Jose faster than O'Byrne's could.

Anyway, that's enough of the rant. The rant of "why Marleau isn't a Canadien yet" :lol:

Emelin could be traded.

Don't forget he has until January to void his contract (with 2 weeks notice) and it could be that the Sharks can convince him to come over where the Canadiens couldn't, just not very likely.

Edited by Habitforming

Or maybe all this talk here is solid proof that Eklund is just spewing random bullshit about Marleau?

I like how he says Redden for Marleau swap when Redden refuses to waive his NTC.

Next thing you know, what he says Montreal will move for Marleau isn't even as enticing as Redden.

Comparing Redden to Bouillon, Dandenault, Streit and Emelin is a little crazy no? Even adding a first round pick in a strong draft and a goalie (who we all assume is Halak) still makes the deal sounds like a fantasy trade.