Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

The Smolinski Aucoin for Samsonov and Rivet rumour is heating up again. That would be a really bad trade for the Habs. Smolinski for samsonov is fine, but the one thing the Habs don't need is another underacieving high priced player. Especially one who is old, slow and always injured.

I would like that trade. Next year, we will lose Souray and we would be ready to take the blow because Aucoin is the same type of player. Also, Rivet is also old and slow. Plus we win big in a Samsonov/Smolinski swap. We'll have to wait and see.

some radio channel as announced Souray and Koivu to ottawa...but thats it lol

i heard it at work...and now on the stock exchange...

( i dont think this is going to happend) i think it as to be 730 ckac

This was made up by some French guy on the radio. He admitted it himself he was kidding. It was like Souray and Koivu for Vermette and some other guys.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...431/1053/SPORTS

While the Wings might have interest in one of the Blues' forwards, they remain most interested in Philadelphia's Forsberg -- and the interest appears to be mutual. Forsberg is said to be willing to renounce his no-trade clause for three teams -- Detroit, Montreal and Anaheim.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...431/1053/SPORTS

While the Wings might have interest in one of the Blues' forwards, they remain most interested in Philadelphia's Forsberg -- and the interest appears to be mutual. Forsberg is said to be willing to renounce his no-trade clause for three teams -- Detroit, Montreal and Anaheim.

Apparently, Vancouver is very interested. I'm quite sure Philadelphia would want Kesler back in the deal.

Apparently, Vancouver is very interested. I'm quite sure Philadelphia would want Kesler back in the deal.

rumours have been that philadelphia's been trying to get kesler back

GO :hlogo: GO!

Just to throw this out there but Eks latest update including the Boston-Calgary deal says that Forsberg to Montreal rumours have intesified after tonight and his fate this season will be decided in the next 18-72 hours.

Of course it is Eklund....

But I do agree with him that the ball is rolling now on this years deadline... alot of deals to be made.

:hlogo:

The Habs have been heavily scouting the Flyers. Eklund is right about one thing. Forsberg is meeting with Ed Snider today to discuss his future with the Flyers.

The 4 teams "rumoured" to be after Forsberg are Montreal, Detroit, Vancouver and Anaheim

I think Nagy is another good option.

I don't know man...Nagy's pretty inconsistent, and another on and off talent like Kovalev and Samsonov isnt the best option

Nagy is streaky to some degree, but he has consistently put up 20+ goals and a min 50 points per season in the last 3-4 years. On a plus side, he also has superstar potential and he is close to breaking through now.

In all reality now is the perfect time to deal for him...not after he breaks through and it costs us the farm.

A deal should be immediate now. it really can't be that hard.

Calgary has bolstered their second line centre spot with Conroy, added depth and a PP shot with Stuart, plus getting a great PK and utility player in Primeau.

What did they give up?

Ferrence (is underacheiving for past 3 years)

Kobasew (had been given the chance to play for years and failed)

Lundmark (been on more teams then Mark Recchi and never stuck)

4th in '07

2nd in '08

The only potential part of these deals that they gave anything up was in the 2 draft picks....and they are a crap shoot anyway.

Come on Bob........get involved!

And, if Stuart doesn't re-sign with the Flames, Boston will send them their 1st in 2008.

Gainey obviously has to make some kind of a move. I really doubt Forsberg is coming here, but there's plenty of other forwards on the market.

that seems to be a win-win thing for calgary...

is boston doing a new york islanders thing? i wonder...........

GO :hlogo: GO!

And, if Stuart doesn't re-sign with the Flames, Boston will send them their 1st in 2008.

Gainey obviously has to make some kind of a move. I really doubt Forsberg is coming here, but there's plenty of other forwards on the market.

It's actually a 4th in 08. I'm sure you know now though. ;)

Horcoff would be a great idea.

But I notice that Lang - often mentioned in past rumours - is really struggling in Detroit. I wouldn't be surprised if Gainey sniffs around there. (Not that I especially want Lang, but stopgap solutions are better than none, and I totally reject the idea of selling the future for Forsberg).

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Columnists/Garri...587688-sun.html

"The latest rumour out of Montreal is RW Sergei Samsonov and Rivet will be sent to Edmonton for C Shawn Horcoff"

Also, my Dad read or heard somewhere that Montreal is one of three teams Forsberg would agree to be traded.

I heard almost the same on both counts.

The horcoff deal that I heard is Lupul and Horcoff ( maybe a pick too ?)for Sammy , Rivet and Ryder. I like the sound of it on paper but I doubt it highly just because of the salaries that Edmonton would be taking on. Not possible in my books.

Forsberg is interested in coming to montreal...but as always it is a wait and see game.

Andy Stickland ( a Blues reporter for ESPN) said that Forsberg wants to play in Canada and Vancouver is his first choice...but that Montreal is really pushing for him.

He cites Tkachuk and Guerin as Plan B for the Habs should they miss out on Forsberg.

Andy Stickland ( a Blues reporter for ESPN) said that Forsberg wants to play in Canada and Vancouver is his first choice...but that Montreal is really pushing for him.

He cites Tkachuk and Guerin as Plan B for the Habs should they miss out on Forsberg.

Neither of those guys makes sense. We need help in the middle.

I totally reject the idea of selling the future for Forsberg).

We don't have a lot of guys who project as top flight players. Chipchura ought to be a great 3rd liner, Grabovski has some potential. Little Kosty is looking good, but we have lots of smallish wingers like him. We're pretty bare on D. One of Perezhogin or Kostitsyn liekly won't be with the team long term. I don't see anything wrong with trading one of those two, some picks, and maybe another decent kid.

Horcoff is not a bad player, however I don't see him as being the kind of center we need. I do not think he is offensively gifted ENOUGH to help this team in the way we need to be helped.

The man had 51 assists last season.