GDT: Game 2, Habs vs Penguins

dlbalr

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good time for us to remember how well we can play. We can make it sizzle out there. We are a lot more tired than the Pens, and lost Markov.

AK's man alright...Cooke...

AK seriously needs to be benched. 3 goals now in 2 games for the Pens. :puke:

I can't help but feel that PG will trade him (and Sergei) in the off-season to free up some cap space to re-sign Pleks. I like the idea, but I doubt the Habs win any trade involving the Kost Bros. Still, it may be worth it; I think Andrei's lack of effort is more of a drain on the team than the (increasingly) rare shows of physical dominance and scoring ability.

At this point, I'd almost rather see Perezhogin back than Kosty.

Good time for us to remember how well we can play. We can make it sizzle out there. We are a lot more tired than the Pens, and lost Markov.

AK's man alright...Cooke...

We are disorganized out there, no flow, but this won't last forever.

This is over in 4 games unless the habs start skating and competing for the puck. They constantly dump it in an change, or dump with only one forechecker. Ie.. they give the puck away... where is our transition speed? why are guys standing around taking a pass rather then having their feet moving so they can get going...

I think I have seen 2 passes to a guy actually skating.. but they dumped it and changed. :(

Finally.. Pouliot skates in, backs them up.. Gomez retrieves.. Gionta with the finish..

I tell ya, if they would just start using their speed, Fleury is not playing well.. but it only matters if you get chances...

Good lord.. the Habs refuse to finish a check.. they put the breaks on before they hit the guy... Meanwhile, the Pens are hammering any habs with the puck (or without).

Gionta!!!!!!! woo!!

continues his success against the Pens!

Brutal first period for Gill.. at least 5 or 6 giveaways or dangerous plays. Shaky first period for the bottom 2 lines.

Jacques Martin has been shuffling a lot his lines. Looks like putting Pouliot back with Gomez and Gionta was a very good move.

Good lord.. the Habs refuse to finish a check.. they put the breaks on before they hit the guy... Meanwhile, the Pens are hammering any habs with the puck (or without).

fore-check basically nonexistent, except on Gionta's goal with Pouliot doing a good job winning the puck in the corner.

Finally.. Pouliot skates in, backs them up.. Gomez retrieves.. Gionta with the finish..

I tell ya, if they would just start using their speed, Fleury is not playing well.. but it only matters if you get chances...

This is Fleury all the time.

Yep, in both games. I think the Pens out hit the Caps in game 1 alone. Sure the Caps hit the Habs, but most were love tap like "bumps", the Pens keep rubbing the Habs out into the boards. The Habs need to wake up, they are in the playoffs now.

The Habs need to stop being shocked wen they are near the boards and a Pen hammers them into the boards. The Habs need to brace themselves and stop putting themselves in spots like that just for the Pens to hammer them.

Edited by Sir_Boagalott

This team will win zero games with MAB playing the minutes he's playing. Outright frightening! I've never seen a bunch of bigger whiners and divers than the Pens. They're always crying to the ref. Did you see Letang screaming at the Ref when he skated across the ice to hit Gionta who only protected himseld. Ya that's a penalty Letang..get some class you baby.

Edited by Habber

We have more shots on goal than the Pens ?

I'm sure that's a game-plan... for the Pens.

They know how Halak fares when he faces 40+ shots. ^_^

The pens killed us on the PP, but other then that they have been so so. The skate hard and hit, but they have not been ripping us up yet. Malkin and Crosby are asleep.

This is the game where they could surprise them with a full on offensive effort, but so far, they are sitting back too much. Hopefully they have a strong 2nd period and chase Fleury.