Most Startling Number

BTH

Which is the most startling number?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the most startling number?

• .978: Halak's save % in final 3 games vs WSH
    • 29:10: TOI for PK Subban in Game 6 vs PIT
    • 0: giveaways in Game 7 vs PIT
    • 5-0: MTL's record when facing elimination
    • 18 in 14: points for Cammalleri, 1st in the NHL
    • 12 of 18: The amount of Montreal's goals scored by Gionta and Cammalleri vs PIT
    • 41: Blocked shots in Game 6 vs WSH

Which is the most remarkable stat?

41 blocked shots for me. That means they won a game in which the opposing team fired close to 100 shots at them.

+ I have never seen a team block more shots than the other teams registered shots.

Edited by Wamsley01

Another startling number: The Habs blocked 26 shots tonight while the Pens blocked 3. The difference over the series was 138-98, with MTL blocking 40 more shots.

I can't believe that Subban played almost 30 minutes in game 6. (He played 23 minutes in game 7.) Hell! the young man should be playing with the Bulldogs! With him playing so well, Markhov can take more time to get back in the lineup. Great contribution by the youngster.

Number 17.

The last time we won a Cup: 17 years ago

We got rid of Mr Distraction, Laraque: jersey number 17

Talk about possibly getting the monkey (not a reference to BGL`s ethnicity, before you flame me) off your back

Edited by rafikz

i voted for Subban's icetime - but - i also think the 0 giveaways are HUGE! blocked shots & save percentage could mean u never had the puck, Camm & Gionta scoring could mean u lack scoring depth, 5-0 in elimination games is the result of something else going very well, and most crucial to me (after finding an incredible Markov replacement in Subban, without whom we aren't playing in round 3) is stats that show how alert & disciplined this team is playing like ZERO giveaways. incroyable!

the 1st 8th seed team to come back from a 3-1 deficit and upset the 1st seed. Its hard enough to overcome being down 3-1 when your the 1st seed playing the 8th. No doubt they were the 1st 8th placed team to ever do it.

I unno, theres just so many startlng things to have to pick just 1 though.

Caps scored 101 more goals than the Habs and had the number 1 PP that was kept to 1-33. :puke:

Habs make 3rd rnd with Markov goaless. :blink: (like anybody would have beleived that 4 wks ago)

Edited by Sir_Boagalott

CBC put up an amazing stat last night. habs are first in the playoffs with blocked shots with 310 (ish) and the 2nd place team is only at 190.

They have 120+ more shot blocks than any other team in the playoffs!!!

Yeah same here... I voted for 5-0 when facing elimination. 0 giveaways vs the Penguins in game 7 was a close second though.

5-0 when facing elimination IMO.

Am I the only 1 who see a big potential pitfall in tha though.

What if in the next series the other teams game plan will be to let the Habs win the 1st 3 games. What would the Habs do then. :lol:

Thats why Ièm so excitied. To win the Cup it always helps if a team has to over come adversity, and boy the Habs have dont that in spades so far. Its often wierd how a team that wins every game that they score 1st and then the moment they arent scoring 1st they fold or when a team always has the lead in a series and they fold the moment they fall behind in a series. Or the dreaded Gilmour penalty against the Cannes in 02 which pretty much felled the Habs that year. This years Habs have done so much so far that I honestly cant see anything like that happening to them this year. They just seem unphasable and theres no pattern to it. Like in 93, the Habs won every OT game, if that OT win streak had have stopped so would there run probably, they would have lost that invincible feeling. This year team doesnt seem to be vulnerable in anyway like that, they seem to be invincible so far.

What if in the next series the other teams game plan will be to let the Habs win the 1st 3 games. What would the Habs do then. :lol:

Umm... just wait until Game 7 to win! ^_^

The Habs are 2-0 in clinching games. So naturally, they'd complete the sweep. ^_^

Doesn't Crosby have 19 points BTW? 14 in the series against the Sens and 5 against us?

i voted for Subban's icetime - but - i also think the 0 giveaways are HUGE! blocked shots & save percentage could mean u never had the puck, Camm & Gionta scoring could mean u lack scoring depth, 5-0 in elimination games is the result of something else going very well, and most crucial to me (after finding an incredible Markov replacement in Subban, without whom we aren't playing in round 3) is stats that show how alert & disciplined this team is playing like ZERO giveaways. incroyable!

For me, the three really amazing ones are Subban's ice time, 41 blocked shots, and 0 giveaways (I've never heard of this happening before). I can't pick between them, they're all miracles.

Just looking at these stats, it's easy to see why Montreal won two rounds in the playoffs.

Their playing awesome defensive hockey, blocking tons of shots and making few giveaways, with a super hot goalie behind them. Then they have one or two goalscorers getting the scoring done.

Doesn't Crosby have 19 points BTW? 14 in the series against the Sens and 5 against us?

Damn.... but Cammalleri has at least 4 more games with which he can pass him.

And Toews has 20.