Anti-Maple Leafs Thread

Cataclaw

For fun and slight amusement a friend of mine and I bet on all Habs vs Leafs games. He is a true Toronto fan as most of my friends are. We have been doing this for some time and quite frankly I'm running out of ideas. Things we have done so far are.....he has bought dinner, worn a bright red :hlogo: tie at work, had his car outfitted with a Habs flag and decals, and had to end every sentence with "Habs rule" for an entire day. I have had my car decorated in blue and white, had to wear a Leafs scarf with my gown at a charity gala and colour my blonde hair brown (this was my least favourite !) Oh and just for fun because the Habs lost a game and I was a little ticked at his gloating, I put a Montreal Candiens license plate cover on HIS car ......He didn't notice for two weks ! ...lmao Help us keep the tradition alive and give me any ideas you can think of. Please keep in mind that I may have to do them, I didn't think that part through when I said I'd colour my hair dark ....lol

Edited by JustHabs

For fun and slight amusement a friend of mine and I bet on all Habs vs Leafs games. He is a true Toronto fan as most of my friends are. We have been doing this for some time and quite frankly I'm running out of ideas. Things we have done so far are.....he has bought dinner, worn a bright red :hlogo: tie at work, had his car outfitted with a Habs flag and decals, and had to end every sentence with "Habs rule" for an entire day. I have had my car decorated in blue and white, had to wear a Leafs scarf with my gown at a charity gala and colour my blonde hair brown (this was my least favourite !) Oh and just for fun because the Habs lost a game and I was a little ticked at his gloating, I put a Montreal Candiens license plate cover on HIS car ......He didn't notice for two weks ! ...lmao Help us keep the tradition alive and give me any ideas you can think of. Please keep in mind that I may have to do them, I didn't think that part through when I said I'd colour my hair dark ....lol

Photoshop is great. You have to get a pic of him early in the morning when he looks like crap. Hangovers work best. He's gotta look real strung out.

Then photoshop him into a habs uniform. Add a cigarette to his mouth.

And remember, the leefys are Blew & White

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, sounds hard to top -- how about a Christmas theme, house exteriors decorated with lights and and so on but loser has to also add, at the highest point of honor, the rival team's banner? Or cover the Christmas tree as such? Or for presents, have to give all mutual friends rival team collectables?

p3218918reg.jpg

I'm not sure whether I should laugh or be jealous...but I think I'll go with laughing! :lol:

wait there are habs shirt exactly like that. I saw a dude wearing one :puke:

A dude wearing one? Eeehhh. :puke:

Some hot girl wearing a form-fitting pink habs jersey though... that's heaven.

a hot girl wearing a real habs sweater is even better.( we should have a drooling emoticon)

Leafs lost tonight to the Bruins. The rest of Canada rejoices!

Sundin is back though, oh well.

Leafs ahead of Montreal by 1 but Montreal has 3 games in hand! The gap is closing fast, Leafs. Your bubble is going to burst.

I've posted this before and I will post it again...

The guy at NHL.com has got to be a leaf fan... :puke:

Everypage is updated correctly, except... this... :angry:

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&am...e=StandingsPage

and this... :huh:

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&am...season=20062007

and this... :wacko:

Somehow Montreal (31 points) is behind Toronto (30 poins). At 9:45 eastern every other page on the site is correct except they still have Toronto ahead in the Division, Conference, and League standings. Every page shows the Habs having 3 games at hand and 31 points.

...this loser should skate with the leafs...

If it sound a little harsh, good.

:hlogo:

Unless the league does something different that that they have done forever... what's up with that?

I've posted this before and I will post it again...

The guy at NHL.com has got to be a leaf fan... :puke:

Everypage is updated correctly, except... this... :angry:

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&am...e=StandingsPage

and this... :huh:

and this... :wacko:

Somehow Montreal (31 points) is behind Toronto (30 poins). At 9:45 eastern every other page on the site is correct except they still have Toronto ahead in the Division, Conference, and League standings. Every page shows the Habs having 3 games at hand and 31 points.

...this loser should skate with the leafs...

If it sound a little harsh, good.

:hlogo:

Unless the league does something different that that they have done forever... what's up with that?

That's terrible! I mean, it doesn't even look like they made an effort to "hide" it.

That's terrible! I mean, it doesn't even look like they made an effort to "hide" it.

Yeah, :clap:

I've seen this before, last year was a repetitive nightmare of the same "B" rate attitude. :puke: After living in TO for 11 years, I love being back in a city where the hockey slogan is "The City is Hockey" :D which supports the game, not a city where the slogan is "Buy your pink Leaf hoodie now!" (kidding) "the passion that unities us all" supports a supposed "leaf hockey nation". Am I supposed to want to marry my City's hockey team? The hoodie is cool as an idea to get the ladies into the game, though... print 'em with every logo... and make a home and away and a vintage version...

Sadly fans who rage on about TML don't know the league would have had the same Cup winner 37 years and counting with out them or their team. Where is the hero "Domi" anyway? How soon, how easily forgotten... nice faithful fans... A much better off-ice hero than on, but nobody in TO cares. They just brag and brag and brag about nothing... Paul M. has his work cut out. Carbo's dive into the NHL coaching water looks better than Paul's second attempt.

Lastly, enjoy and laugh at my injections into Richard Peddie's announcement below marked by { } ...

Richard Peddie, president and chief executive officer of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment {otherwise known as post season golf tournament organiser}, announced Wednesday that the Toronto Maple Leafs have picked up {shovelled into the barn} the one-year option for 2007-08 on the contract of General Manager John Ferguson, {who is still trying to fathom that the team is not in a pee-wee hockey league}.

“We are excited about the direction {one out if 38 ain't bad} the Leafs have taken {still nowhere after 4 years}, on and off the ice, under the leadership of John Ferguson,” Peddie said. “When we signed {with crayons} John as general manager three years ago it was my hope and expectation that we’d be making this announcement today {because I fully support a man who makes no major moves to improve, and I love being in the newspaper}.

“Prior to the lockout John created a strategic plan {to totally humilate and ruin Mr. Sundin's chance of ever winning a cup in Toronto} that would address a number of needs that our franchise had—principally {making sure that Leaf Fan 101 was tought everywhere without mercy inside a 75km range of Toronto} procuring and developing young talent, {letting Pat Q. hold disorganized practices} and operating a team under the parameters of a new collective bargaining agreement. We’ve begun to see the results of John’s plan [and are proudly still one of the slowest skating teams out there}, and picking up the option on the fourth year of his contract enables that progress to continue {John may play 2nd line center after the all star break}.”

...in jest...

J

Good job Trahsers on owning the Leafs 5-0 and lowering their morale before we play them!

Leafs were up 2-0 last night heading into the third period and ended up losing 5-2. Good thing for the Canadiens.

The Habs need to string a few wins together the north east is the only NHL division where every team is above .500 thus making it more difficult to earn a playoff spot.

The Habs need to string a few wins together the north east is the only NHL division where every team is above .500 thus making it more difficult to earn a playoff spot.

Funny stat: There are only 2 teams in the EASTERN CONFERENCE playing below .500 :blink:

Way to go NEW NHL!!! hahaha :lol: