Anti-Maple Leafs Thread

Cataclaw

Brilliant Thread Cataclaw. Finally we can make fun of the leafs forever!

wait I've been doing that in every post I can, so I guess I'll just continue to laugh at the laughers, except now on one thread.

time to get out my leafs voodoo doll. and fire up the bbq. do a little spring cleaning and burn some leaf's, getting ready for the playoffs!

GO HABS GO!

I love poking fun at Laff Nation more than anyone else, but it's far too early for that at this point. I am not looking forward to this Saturday night if the playoffs are on the line!!!!!!

Not when you are living here in the heart of sports most pompous and hormone charged, stupidity laden fans.

Please Philadelphia, please do your part - beat this albatross and put it to death ASAP.

I love poking fun at Laff Nation more than anyone else, but it's far too early for that at this point. I am not looking forward to this Saturday night if the playoffs are on the line!!!!!!

Not when you are living here in the heart of sports most pompous and hormone charged, stupidity laden fans.

Please Philadelphia, please do your part - beat this albatross and put it to death ASAP.

:clap:

Could not have said it better myself.

Edited by JMMR

Once again, I feel your pain Beliveau...

This is the latest from leaf fans at school ---- Ian White is as good or better than Jay Bouwmeester hahahahahahaahahhahahahaha

can't take it anymore PUT THEM AWAY!

I view seasons in 1 way.

Montreal wins the Cup GREAT YEAR

Toronto does not win the Cup GOOD YEAR.

In my 33 years I have experienced 7 GREAT YEARS and 26 GOOD YEARS.

###### THE LEAFS, THEY SUCK!!

I love this view of the world. Unfortunately, I'm old enough to remember 1 bad year. On the other hand I've had 12 great years and 43 good years.

Thinking about a habs/leafs maychup saturday that would determine who gets in makes me wanna puke....I could actually puke just thinking about it. I'm hoping for a miracle before then

My only saving grace is the fact that I will be in northern Ontario on the weekend - far more Habs fans there than in this corner of the hockey world - actually I should say the centre of the hockey universe :bow: :puke: :ninja:

Other than that I am very much concerned about the outcome of this weekend - until you have lived in the heartland of Leaf Nation you don't really fathom its' depths of utter depravity and mind boggling sheer stupidity..... God help us if they make it and eliminate Montreal that night :(:angry::o :puke:

Somebody please wipe this team out ASAP - PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by beliveau1

I love this view of the world. Unfortunately, I'm old enough to remember 1 bad year. On the other hand I've had 12 great years and 43 good years.

The craziest thing is that the Media still talks about 1967 on a regular basis.

Somehow Leafs nation turns an embarrasment into a celebration over and over again!

My only saving grace is the fact that I will be in northern Ontario on the weekend - far more Habs fans there than in this corner of the hockey world - actually I should say the centre of the hockey universe :bow: :puke: :ninja:

Other than that I am very much concerned about the outcome of this weekend - until you have lived in the heartland of Leaf Nation you don't really fathom its' depths of utter depravity and mind boggling sheer stupidity..... God help us if they make it and eliminate Montreal that night :(:angry::o :puke:

Somebody please wipe this team out ASAP - PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not looking forward to a one game take all showdown.

The Leafs are not a great team, but they are a resilient team. You never know which team will show up.

So it is a crapshoot. Montreal takes off a period every game and if the Leafs show up that could bury them.

but they could also lay an egg like they did in Montreal last year

Living in the center of the idiots is painful at this time of year when the Leafs are near the playoffs.

You have to put up with all the Blue and White zombies and their car flags, you have to listen to the media address every win like the Leafs are Cup contenders and every loss like they are the worst team in the NHL.

You have to put up with Average Joe Idiot Leaf fan tell you John Pohl is going to be the difference maker in the series and watch them Hail Raycroft as a hero then watch them throw him under the bus 24 hrs later.

The reward for beating the Leafs in a heads up showdown does not match the pain of losing to Idiot NATION! Not even close.

Edited by Wamsley01

The Leafs are not a great team, but they are a resilient team. You never know which team will show up.

So it is a crapshoot. Montreal takes off a period every game and if the Leafs show up that could bury them.

Living in the center of the idiots is painful at this time of year when the Leafs are near the playoffs.

You have to put up with all the Blue and White zombies and their car flags, you have to listen to the media address every win like the Leafs are Cup contenders and every loss like they are the worst team in the NHL.

You have to put up with Average Joe Idiot Leaf fan tell you John Pohl is going to be the difference maker in the series and watch them Hail Raycroft as a hero then watch them throw him under the bus 24 hrs later.

The reward for beating the Leafs in a heads up showdown does not match the pain of losing to Idiot NATION! Not even close.

Man, sounds like you need to considering moving... I hope you dont have to after Saturday

Man, sounds like you need to considering moving... I hope you dont have to after Saturday

I wish I could. Leaf Nation is very painful to deal with.

Last year was so enjoyable :)

A very good synopsis of what it's like to be a Habs fan in the middle of a Leafs shitstorm - well done, Wamsley. Anybody who lives elsewhere and wonders why some of us are so passionately anti-Leaf (and I know some do!) needs to read this - and then understand it just scratches the surface.

My only quibble is with the last point. Before last year, I might have agreed with it, but I personally found a huge amount of satisfaction in the Habs' back-to-back trouncing of the Leafs last year. In fact, I'd rate it up there with some of the playoff wins against Boston as far as being tremendous moments in the Habs' recent history (which may say more about the Habs' recent history than anything else... D'oh!).

I wish I could. Leaf Nation is very painful to deal with.

Last year was so enjoyable :)

Hey Wamsley, I was fortunate enough leave TO in July '05 and haven't looked back... I could not believe after living in the Leaf Nation for only a year, how sad the state of a hockey mind in Toronto. Most 'TO sports-talking-heads' had been run over by a zamboni, and the fans have all had their heads frozen... 11 years of the Toronto trash still makes me puke. :puke:

I remember before the Lock-out/Walk-out when the Feafs picked up Owen Nolan just at the trade deadline, and for a week I heard nothing on the radio except how this guy was going to lead them to the cup. I'm not kicking ON, but these fans just don't know. By the way have you noticed that somehow Tomas Kaberle, once he had his bell rung, was suddenly the best Maple Leaf... And he has a 2 goal game when he returns and is picked as an NHL.com star... (but Alex Kovy scored 2 and then 2 more the next game and ...nothing...) but 5 minutes earlier, the leaf's season depended on Kyle Wellwook and Darcy Tucker getting back in the line-up? Boy, I'm glad those guys are back (sarcasm intended), 'cause now Mats (over-rated) has scored 80 goals since they returned... but that would suit a Toronto fan, as they can't remember when they last won a cup or what the media said yesterday.

The Leafs, the Toronto fans, the management, and the proud leaf nation are a lot like the CN tower in TO. -- Every once in a while they flash 'bright' in the night, look like pinheads in the process, have a fat head, and for many years they have deceived people into thinking that they are the point in the universe which is hockey Mecca... but really, haven't really served a purpose ever (except robbing the fans of $$$ and cups), but, oh yeah, they are taller... and a ride to the top of the tower is only $12 and you can see the top of the ACC (Roger's Center) from there. .......wow......

Whether they (ML) make the post season or not is irrelevant, because they will get killed by pretty much anyone they play. If Montreal digs the Leaf's '07 grave, it would be funny (it has happened 24 times before), but there will always be some media crap as to why TO lost, not why the HABS won. That is the unwritten code for broadcast, these days...

Even Don Cherry has distanced himself from the Leaf Nation in someways over the last few months... I wonder if they (the CBC) will enforce a 14 second time delay if he says something pro-Montreal - probably.

GO :hlogo: GO!

Cheers,

J

Edited by jtvoxboi

I am not looking forward to a one game take all showdown.....

....The reward for beating the Leafs in a heads up showdown does not match the pain of losing to Idiot NATION! Not even close.

That is definitely the truth if you are one of those unfortunate non Leaf fans living in this corner of the narrow minded hockey universe... :puke:

No matter how sweet a victory will taste, if it came down to the simple fact that the bitter taste and suffering that a Laff victory will bring far outweighs what we'll have to endure here in Leaf Nation central, for at least one series(or even if they just happen to be out already and then put the Habs out as well :( )

Edited by beliveau1

That is definitely the truth if you are one of those unfortunate non Leaf fans living in this corner of the narrow minded hockey universe... :puke:

No matter how sweet a victory will taste, if it came down to the simple fact that the bitter taste and suffering that a Laff victory will bring far outweighs what we'll have to endure here in Leaf Nation central, for at least one series(or even if they just happen to be out already and then put the Habs out as well :( )

yes, if the leafs win, pretty well EVERYBODY else that i know who's a hockey fan will be sure to talk to me about some related issue... likely VERY DIRECTLY related... :lool: :lool: :lool: :lool: :lool:

You have to live here to understand I think.

I was born an raised here and I used to watch in the 80s as Montreal got 100 points, the Leafs got 56 points sneak into the playoffs in the Norris division and upset the Hawks or Stars and have the Leaf fans tell me the Leafs are better because the Habs lost their Second Round series in 6 games, not 7 like the Leafs.

Then the 90's and not the Roy cup, or the 10 OT Cup it is the Stanley Cup where the Leafs would have easily defeated the Habs if Bettman had not told Fraser to fix the Series. Nevermind the fact that Montreal won the Cup in 1 less game than the Leafs played the whole playoffs.

Then the dark days of Reggie Houle where for the first time in my life the Habs did not have a better record than the Leafs and having to listen to Leafs rule, you guys suck talk for years.

Then I had to turn to how many Cups have you seen...and then I would get....you always talk about the past. So then last year when I had the chance to laugh at them for getting smoked back to back and eliminated from the playoffs the first thing out of their mouths was we had a better record than you in the last 5 years. So I would say...why are you talking about the past....and their well thought out response is......I hate habs fans. You suck, your team sucks.

There is no outsmarting a Leaf fan. A pet rock can do that. The better your comeback....the louder their GO LEAFS GO chant becomes. That is what it is like in the center of the idiots!!

I was born an raised here and I used to watch in the 80s as Montreal got 100 points, the Leafs got 56 points sneak into the playoffs in the Norris division and upset the Hawks or Stars and have the Leaf fans tell me the Leafs are better because the Habs lost their Second Round series in 6 games, not 7 like the Leafs.

Then the 90's and not the Roy cup, or the 10 OT Cup it is the Stanley Cup where the Leafs would have easily defeated the Habs if Bettman had not told Fraser to fix the Series. Nevermind the fact that Montreal won the Cup in 1 less game than the Leafs played the whole playoffs.

Then the dark days of Reggie Houle where for the first time in my life the Habs did not have a better record than the Leafs and having to listen to Leafs rule, you guys suck talk for years.

Then I had to turn to how many Cups have you seen...and then I would get....you always talk about the past. So then last year when I had the chance to laugh at them for getting smoked back to back and eliminated from the playoffs the first thing out of their mouths was we had a better record than you in the last 5 years. So I would say...why are you talking about the past....and their well thought out response is......I hate habs fans. You suck, your team sucks.

There is no outsmarting a Leaf fan. A pet rock can do that. The better your comeback....the louder their GO LEAFS GO chant becomes. That is what it is like in the center of the idiots!!

i prefer to see it as being in the center of people i have fun with... much more positive and healthy...

i prefer to see it as being in the center of people i have fun with... much more positive and healthy...

I don't mind having a good hockey conversation with any hockey fan.

Unfortunately they are few and far between in the city of Toronto.

The media revolves around this city and the public spews what they spew. If Kypreos thinks they have a shot, then the masses think they have a shot. If Stellick calls out Raycroft...the mindless ones call out Raycroft.

Yelling their points louder instead of crafting a solid rebuttal does not make for fun. It makes good hockey discussion almost impossible.

You're talking as though Leaf fans are something we play with and then drop off at a Salvation Army Thrift Store when we get bored of them... heh, heh, heh, (like toys we forget when we grow up)...

...that in mind, I'd say the thrift stores have gotta be rammed with useless stuff they will never sell, cause everyone is bored of at least 1 leaf fan...

...this means leaf fans are more useless that unsold retro fashion.... Wait a minute, that makes sense...

..that means the next come-back from a leaf fan will be a "Winning the Cup is so Retro." That will make their losing record 'cool'.

Now all the leaf nation needs is to find a reason why Domi would be the best coach for the leafs future...and they will... as you said, they have a response for EVERYTHING!

I am so mean...

Cheers,

J

Not much different here in BC with the Canuck fans. I've been told many times to stop "living in the past," yet when the Canucks choked last season, all they could say that Vancouver's been the better team for the last few years. Gotta love the irony... :unsure:

Now all the leaf nation needs is to find a reason why Domi would be the best coach for the leafs future...and they will... as you said, they have a response for EVERYTHING!

Well, OF COURSE he would be a great coach for the Leafs! He told his son's coach a thing or two, let me tell ya!

story

:nono:

Yes - unless you live in this corner of Leaf Nation one only has a glimpse from time to time as to how excruciating it can get, especially when they are on a roll!!!!!!

Every October they plan a parade route through the city..... and that is not an exaggeration :wacko:

Just taking 8th from the Habs will be bad enough, but if they beat Montreal to actually do that on Saturday night - well I can't even begin to imagine how bad it is going to be :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Edited by beliveau1

Not much different here in BC with the Canuck fans. I've been told many times to stop "living in the past," yet when the Canucks choked last season, all they could say that Vancouver's been the better team for the last few years. Gotta love the irony... :unsure:

I cannot speak for the people of BC, but why would they dislike the Habs? They have played in the playoffs what once? They meet 1 time a year now. And not more than twice a year in the last 25 years. They play in the Eastern Conference. Out of all the Canadian teams left I probably like the Nucks the best.

Jets (Miss the White outs and the Hawerchuk days)

Canucks (From Richard Brodeur to Roberto Luongo)

Flames (altough I hated the Flames when they beat us in 89, love Iginla now though)

Oilers (Don't really care about them, but I hate everybody else more!)

Senators (were higher on the list, cannot stand Spezza!! and the fact they let the Leafs own them for years)

Nordiques (No need to explain :)

Leafs (I loathe the Leafs more than any other professional sports team.....NOT EVEN CLOSE)

When I meet somebody for the first time and the conversation turns to hockey they just assume I like the Leafs. When it comes to the point that I unveil myself to not be a loser like them they say "You like the Habs. I ######ing hate habs fans. Habs SUCK!"

Nice to meet you to asshole.

Wamsley, you echo my experiences and sentiments with TO and leafs fans.. and I dont even live in Toronto!!

God help us all if the worst occurs this weekend. It will be ammo for YEARS.