Richards said that Subban needs to earn respect

coach

Richards sounds like a whiny litte 'you know what' and he is one to talk.

I would love to see P.K. make Richards eat some wood from his stick.

why hit him with his stick when he could simply drop the gloves and earn some respect, pk is over due for a fight, he's a big boy and should be able to handle himself with pretty much anyone.

why hit him with his stick when he could simply drop the gloves and earn some respect, pk is over due for a fight, he's a big boy and should be able to handle himself with pretty much anyone.

The last think we need if for PK to fight. At best, he is off for at least 5 min at worst he could do a Souray

The last think we need if for PK to fight. At best, he is off for at least 5 min at worst he could do a Souray

Seems to me if he is upsetting someone on the other side, he is earning respect. MINE Are these Avery type incidents? NO. Keep up the good work.

it's either take the risk of a freak injury like souray (jerome iginla seems ok) or turtle. he's going to have to fight at some point in time, mike richards seems like a good place to start monday night, otherwise expect him, his goalie and his linemates to be run every time he's on the ice, not saying that's the right way to play hockey, that's just the reality of the nhl, if no one fears you or respects you they will take liberties until you do something about it. Laps should not have been the one to fight Powe, Subban should be the one policing the ice with guys like that, don't use moen to refute that point, i'd be embarrassed if moen was the one that had to beat him down.

Edited by nyckdkool

Subban is in a no win situation. Other teams realize the habs are down one puck moving D-man, if subban is in the box for 5 mins, they know that a forward will have to come back to get the puck rather than having it delivered, and the opposing teams D can pound our skilled forwards. On the other hand, maybe if Subban gives a good showing to Richards that all this non-sense will stop.

It's the momentary satisfaction vs. long-term satisfaction, I personally would love for Moen to clean Richards clock, or someone else, so Subban can do what he does best, which is not fighting.

Subban is in a no win situation. Other teams realize the habs are down one puck moving D-man, if subban is in the box for 5 mins, they know that a forward will have to come back to get the puck rather than having it delivered, and the opposing teams D can pound our skilled forwards. On the other hand, maybe if Subban gives a good showing to Richards that all this non-sense will stop.

It's the momentary satisfaction vs. long-term satisfaction, I personally would love for Moen to clean Richards clock, or someone else, so Subban can do what he does best, which is not fighting.

I am pretty sure Jody Shelly would be over the boards and all over Moen the second he messed with Richards. Subban will need to answer the call at some point in time, don't make him out to be some chicken shite pansy, he needs to flip on some tape of shane corson habs highlights to see how it's done.

i'd rather he stick Richards in the mouth, so it needs to be stitched up and he can't whine anymore.

give the Flyer's some of their own medicine.

also be good to bring up Henry and dress him as a forward so the boys have some toughness in the lineup.

Most of this nonsense is Mike Richards throwing a temper tantrum and Subban became his outlet to

vent his frustration of losing 3-0.

If they won that game 3-0 he wouldn't have said a word about PK.

The Flyers did what they do and for the first time in 11 games, it didn't work.

This is a whole lot of nothing. Who cares what Richards said. Subban will need to drop them at some point, I am pretty sure he can take care of himself. All that's important is his team mates stick up for him when needed and he'll do the same.

The Flyers will run at people, play physical, it's nothing new, that's the way they play. So if it happens the habs need to stand up for themselves. Don't do anything crazy, just team toughness.

The habs do need more size and toughness, not necassarily jsut a goon but more players in the Moen mold. Lapierre proved he can't do it and i don't see too many others who can either.

What he said better than I said before. Why not let Moen be the one to clean this up...that's part of his role.

I personally would love to see White up on the big club, he's fiesty and I like his game. I wouldn't mind seeing him replace Pyatt even though Pyatt has been decent this season, I think White just brings more, but really as said above there is no room for a goon.

I personally would love to see White up on the big club, he's fiesty and I like his game. I wouldn't mind seeing him replace Pyatt even though Pyatt has been decent this season, I think White just brings more, but really as said above there is no room for a goon.

White would be an upgrade over Laps and would easily handle a situation like Powe.

Everyone needs to take their kid gloves off PK, he can more than handle himself, Mike Richards is dead on correct, someone will take a run a PK, why not, see if the kid can back himself up, Richards fought everyone and anyone who as much as cut in front of him after the whistle when he came into the league, not because he is a tough guy goon but he had to send a clear message to the league, he's wasn't going to take crap from anyone just because he is a rookie, did nothing but buy him lot's of space on the ice, and now he's one of the best players in the league.

A guy like mike richards or jerome iginla is the model PK should follow, not Lapierre, or better yet, pop in some old film of shayne corson, that's how it's done,

I think you're misunderstanding us nyckdkool. I know, myself, am saying I don't WANT Subban to fight because he's too valuable to be in the box. Without Markov the habs are down one more puck moving D, taking Subban off would hurt the offense. It'd be silly just for a momentary bit of revenge to have a huge impact on the game...look at Souray and if god forbid, Iggy breaks his hand in a fight, heck even Crosby. It's not treating PK with kid gloves, it's whats best for the team, and whats best for the team is for PK to not fight.

As a rookie, Subban does need to earn the respect of the league and he can start by not taking any shit from whiners like Richards and Crosby.

White would be an upgrade over Laps and would easily handle a situation like Powe.

Everyone needs to take their kid gloves off PK, he can more than handle himself, Mike Richards is dead on correct, someone will take a run a PK, why not, see if the kid can back himself up, Richards fought everyone and anyone who as much as cut in front of him after the whistle when he came into the league, not because he is a tough guy goon but he had to send a clear message to the league, he's wasn't going to take crap from anyone just because he is a rookie, did nothing but buy him lot's of space on the ice, and now he's one of the best players in the league.

A guy like mike richards or jerome iginla is the model PK should follow, not Lapierre, or better yet, pop in some old film of shayne corson, that's how it's done,

Kid gloves? That is Richards game. He earned the respect of guys who like to fight. Good for him.

Did Ovechkin fight everybody to earn respect in the league? Green? Doughty? Crosby?

No, they busted their ass and made an impact in the game. Richards is a self absorbed idiot. The league doesn't need

to follow what HE DID to earn respect in the league. This whole argument is ridiculous. I could list of 100 players who

didn't need to fight to earn respect.

Richards is acting like a whiny bitch because his team LOST. They didn't intimidate the Habs and he doesn't like it.

So he is going after Subban and making veiled threats.

If somebody of the stature of Joe Sakic or Steve Yzerman stepped up and said "Subban needs to learn some respect"

then it may carry some importance. Guys like Richards who have a long resume of questionable conduct saying anything

is absurd. Ask David Booth and the Panthers if they respect Mike Richards.

Do we risk to lose Alex Henry if we call him up on monday and send him down after the game ? What's Henry waivers situation ?

No waivers to come up, just to go back down, at full price. Henry cleared waivers once already this year, doubt one game in which he drops 'em with Powe or Shelley would change things.

Kid gloves? That is Richards game. He earned the respect of guys who like to fight. Good for him.

Did Ovechkin fight everybody to earn respect in the league? Green? Doughty? Crosby?

No, they busted their ass and made an impact in the game. Richards is a self absorbed idiot. The league doesn't need

to follow what HE DID to earn respect in the league. This whole argument is ridiculous. I could list of 100 players who

didn't need to fight to earn respect.

Richards is acting like a whiny bitch because his team LOST. They didn't intimidate the Habs and he doesn't like it.

So he is going after Subban and making veiled threats.

If somebody of the stature of Joe Sakic or Steve Yzerman stepped up and said "Subban needs to learn some respect"

then it may carry some importance. Guys like Richards who have a long resume of questionable conduct saying anything

is absurd. Ask David Booth and the Panthers if they respect Mike Richards.

I don't see enough of doughty to know if he's a talker (nothing wrong with that as long as you back it up) in the games i have seen green play he doesn't yap, nor does he play nearly as physical game as PK does. As for Crosby, his yapping is well documented and he actually has 2 scraps. MR if on the Habs would be head and shoulder the best player on the team, Steve Yzerman said as much when he was selected to Team Canada and was the teams best player the last two games of the tournament.

I don't see anything wrong with PK's game, I would just like to see him pop MR in the mouth and shut him the ###### up. You have to believe Philly and Boston are going to be there in the end, PK can play a big part in neutralizing the physicality of both those teams, the league has not gone to non contact yet, it's close, but until that time, you still need a physical presence, preferably from someone who can play 20-25 minutes.

PS. David Booth should keep his head up and not stare down his passes, it was a very quesitonable hit in today's game, 10 yrs ago it was a highlight reel hit, 30 yrs ago it resulted in a bench clearing brawl, but Booth needs to be held partially responsible, it ain't your sunday night pick up league the guy is in.

Edited by lazy26

No waivers to come up, just to go back down, at full price. Henry cleared waivers once already this year, doubt one game in which he drops 'em with Powe or Shelley would change things.

Bang on - it's been a month since he last cleared demotion waivers so he would need to be waived to go back down unless "emergency conditions" present themselves. However, Weber's recall today basically killed any shot of that happening.

I don't see enough of doughty to know if he's a talker (nothing wrong with that as long as you back it up) in the games i have seen green play he doesn't yap, nor does he play nearly as physical game as PK does. As for Crosby, his yapping is well documented and he actually has 2 scraps. MR if on the Habs would be head and shoulder the best player on the team, Steve Yzerman said as much when he was selected to Team Canada and was the teams best player the last two games of the tournament.

I don't see anything wrong with PK's game, I would just like to see him pop MR in the mouth and shut him the ###### up. You have to believe Philly and Boston are going to be there in the end, PK can play a big part in neutralizing the physicality of both those teams, the league has not gone to non contact yet, it's close, but until that time, you still need a physical presence, preferably from someone who can play 20-25 minutes.

PS. David Booth should keep his head up and not stare down his passes, it was a very quesitonable hit in today's game, 10 yrs ago it was a highlight reel hit, 30 yrs ago it resulted in a bench clearing brawl, but Booth needs to be held partially responsible, it ain't your sunday night pick up league the guy is in.

Crosby has had 2 scraps in 6 seasons and before 2 weeks ago had 1 in 380 games. I don't set my opinion based on Cherry's rants.

Crosby earned his respect by winning a scoring title, MVP, Rocket Richard trophy and Stanley Cup. Gretzky was a legendary

whiner, who cares. As for him being the best player in the Olympics, that is subjective, Toews, Nash, Doughty and Niedermayer were

also candidates for being the best players in the last 2 games. Crosby also was selected by Yzerman to play in the Olympics, does that define what he feels about yappy players who don't fight?

PK will earn his respect on HIS time, not on Richards timetable.

And you can't blame Booth for a guy coming blindside and attempting to decapitate him. Booth dropped the pass, looked over and turned and faced forward. The puck is on Weiss' stick when Richards drives his shoulder into his face.

It was a predatory hit where the target didn't have the puck or was not facing the incoming player.

Richards is in no position to talk about respect on a team that has Powe, Carcillo, Pronger and Hartnell. He should look

after his own dressing room before worrying about the Habs.