GDT: Pittsburgh at Montreal, Jan. 6, 1930 EST

lazy26

Pittsburgh Penguins (26-12-3) at Montreal Canadiens (21-16-3)

mon_comp.gif

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn

Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta

Pouliot - Desharnais - Darche

Moen - Halpern - Pyatt

Spacek - Wisniewski

Gill - Subban

Picard - Weber

Price

Scratches: Eller

Injuries: Gorges, Markov, Hamrlik

pit_comp.gif

Kunitz - *Crosby - Dupuis

Kennedy - Staal - Malkin

*Cooke - Letestu - Connor

Adams - Talbot - Rupp

Letang - Orpik

Martin - Michalek

Goligoski - Engelland

Johnson

Scratches: Godard, Jeffrey, Asham, Cooke

Injuries: Comrie, Crosby

Thought I'd try to improve upon my GDT record.

GO HABS GO!!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These next two games will definitely be a big test for our boys! Pittsburgh and Boston...this could hurt!

On a different note, I find it unfortunate that Picard has been benched lately. I thought he was doing relatively well out there. Not to mention he does have a pretty good shot from the point! (a shot that can actually make it to the net!)

Edited by Habsfan

These next two games will definitely be a big test for our boys! Pittsburgh and Boston...this could hurt!

On a different note, I find it unfortunate that Picard has been benched lately. I thought he was doing relatively well out there. Not to mention he does have a pretty good shot from the point! (a shot that can actually make it to the net!)

I disagree. I think Picard has been the weakest link on D for the last 10 games or so, and was ecstatic when he was finally benched. I think that it's important that Weber and PK get ice-time at this point in their development.

I'll just mention that the lines posted presently are the lines used last game (except Price), and are thus subject to change. :)

I disagree. I think Picard has been the weakest link on D for the last 10 games or so, and was ecstatic when he was finally benched. I think that it's important that Weber and PK get ice-time at this point in their development.

I'll just mention that the lines posted presently are the lines used last game (except Price), and are thus subject to change. :)

He still has the best +/- rating of any d-man on this team! I don't have a problem benching him once in a while, however, what I do have a probolem with is when J.M. benches a guy, it's usually for more than one game at a time (ie: he benched subban for 3 straight games)

He still has the best +/- rating of any d-man on this team! I don't have a problem benching him once in a while, however, what I do have a problem with is when J.M. benches a guy, it's usually for more than one game at a time (ie: he benched subban for 3 straight games)

Not that I ever invest too much importance in +/- stats, but I have to point out that Picard was usually out against weaker lines and that he was -6 over the last 8 games prior to his benching.

Hamrlik is on the ice today at the morning skate, expected to play.

Reports of that were premature, he was on the ice but now is doubtful which means we see all 3 of Picard, Weber, and Subban. New pairings: Spacek-Wisniewski, Gill-Subban, Picard-Weber.

New PP lines:

Darche-Gomez-Gionta, Wisniewski-Weber

Cammalleri-Desharnais-Kostitsyn, Plekanec-Subban

Let's split Pacioretty up from the line he's played well with to give Darche a promotion on the PP, goody.

Reports of that were premature, he was on the ice but now is doubtful which means we see all 3 of Picard, Weber, and Subban. New pairings: Spacek-Wisniewski, Gill-Subban, Picard-Weber.

New PP lines:

Let's split Pacioretty up from the line he's played well with to give Darche a promotion on the PP, goody.

Can you imagine how bad that D lineup would be without the Wiz in there? Yeesh.

Carey is going to have to be his best tonight, if we've got any hope at all to win.

GO HABS GO!!!!

New PP lines:

How little confidence Martin must have in Spacek and Picard to have to use Plekky as the pointman for the PP.

I feel good about tonights game. Really...as a fan do you think there's any time the habs can't beat on a one game showdown? Really...this isn't fanboyism, I like this teams makeup, not much like for the coaches decision, but this team can beat any team on any given night, a 7 game series is different, but why is everyone getting down before the game even starts? Pitts is 2-2-1 in their last 5, they're in a mini-slump of their own. They are tired, they are on a high from last nights KO of the Lightning, to be honest, they are ripe for the pickings.

New PP lines:

Like I said before Darche has to have some pretty damn compromising photos of JM! This is getting ridiculous!

Like I said before Darche has to have some pretty damn compromising photos of JM! This is getting ridiculous!

Martin is probably trying to communicate a consistent message to his players. 'If you want PP time, GO TO THE F*CKING NET.' Since Darche is the only one who does, he keeps getting PP time.

Last two games gave us all the earmarks of a team coming out of its slump. Nevertheless, I'm getting concerned about our playoff chances, because - to state the obvious - few teams have much chance of success with 3 of their most minutes-eating defencemen injured. Unless Hammer and Gorges get healthy soon, big trouble looms. (That Hammer is dressed doesn't mean he's 100%, but hopefully he's close).

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

How little confidence Martin must have in Spacek and Picard to have to use Plekky as the pointman for the PP.

There's that theory, or that Martin opted to give Desharnais some actual linemates and needed to move either Pleks or Gomez.

Now let's just hope we actually get some PPs. :)

Spacek could be used if he could play more than 15 min... Unfortunately, he is arguably our 2nd best defensive dman dressed for tonight's game.. Its all about Ice time people, remember that.

Not that I ever invest too much importance in +/- stats, but I have to point out that Picard was usually out against weaker lines and that he was -6 over the last 8 games prior to his benching.

Yes, but pretty much everyone except Gomez has been a minus player over the past 8 games.

In any case, I just heard that Picard will replace Hamrlik.

No Markov, no Gorges and no hamrlik...this should be pretty ugly!

Martin is probably trying to communicate a consistent message to his players. 'If you want PP time, GO TO THE F*CKING NET.' Since Darche is the only one who does, he keeps getting PP time.

Last two games gave us all the earmarks of a team coming out of its slump. Nevertheless, I'm getting concerned about our playoff chances, because - to state the obvious - few teams have much chance of success with 3 of their most minutes-eating defencemen injured. Unless Hammer and Gorges get healthy soon, big trouble looms. (That Hammer is dressed doesn't mean he's 100%, but hopefully he's close).

We have the same conversation EVERY season. Habs start off strong. Optimism that they are better than we thought.

Habs struggle mid-season and drop into the playoff bubble and everybody thinks we suck and the coach is at fault.

Habs get their second wind and move into 5th or 6th and everybody talks about making a playoff run and how they

can upset the top seeds. Habs slump down the stretch and the coach is a bum and they are too small and management

is incompetent. Rinse and repeat.

High. Low. Good. Bad. Yes. No. Up. Down. It is all reactionary analysis.

At what point do we follow the trend and sit back and relax and enjoy the ride? An improbable winning streak is coming.

It has come EVERY season since the lockout. Nobody here is going to see it coming and when it happens Habs29retired is going

to disappear again and the optimistic are going to look to win the division. Then when they cool off Habs29retired will be back

and he will blame Martin and whoever is struggling will be blamed, the Habs will be too small and the rebuild will be a disaster.

This board is bloody groundhog day.

Edited by Wamsley01

We have the same conversation EVERY season. Habs start off strong. Optimism that they are better than we thought.

Habs struggle mid-season and drop into the playoff bubble and everybody thinks we suck and the coach is at fault.

Habs get their second wind and move into 5th or 6th and everybody talks about making a playoff run and how they

can upset the top seeds. Habs slump down the stretch and the coach is a bum and they are too small and management

is incompetent. Rinse and repeat.

High. Low. Good. Bad. Yes. No. Up. Down. It is all reactionary analysis.

At what point do we follow the trend and sit back and relax and enjoy the ride? An improbable winning streak is coming.

It has come EVERY season since the lockout. Nobody here is going to see it coming and when it happens Habs29retired is going

to disappear again and the optimistic are going to look to win the division. Then when they cool off Habs29retired will be back

and he will blame Martin and whoever is struggling will be blamed, the Habs will be too small and the rebuild will be a disaster.

This board is bloody groundhog day.

I completely agree - all that's worrying me is that injuries may poleaxe the forthcoming winning streak this time, that's all.

EDIT: hey presto, Gorges is done for the season! This is the sort of thing I mean.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Crosby isn't playing tonight .. I don't wish anything bad to Sid, but this is a nice timing for Habs.. Crosby doesn't miss many games

No Cooke either. Who am I going to HATE?

Oh, right.... Ketang will do. ^_^

No Cooke either. Who am I going to HATE?

Oh, right.... Ketang will do. ^_^

Fleury is out to! We got to play their backup Brent Johnston. Time to increase his GAA closer of where it should be.