GDT: Blackhawks vs Habs, Apr. 5

dlbalr

Well, at least Pochmara is consistent between levels. If I'm thinking of the right ref, he ain't too popular with Hamilton fans either.

I think it's time the coaching staff gets creative with Hamrlik and Subban in terms of trying to deter them from taking so many of the same penalties. For those who are familiar with the movie Major League, the coach ordered certain calisthenics if a player did something he wasn't supposed to. Leadoff guy pops it up? 20 pushups. 3rd baseman gets out of the way of the grounder heading his way? 50 situps. Let's translate that to the Habs here. Subban takes a penalty for a stick infraction? 20 pushups. Hamrlik for a clutch and grab penalty? Let him do 50 situps in practice. Considering the rate those two take penalties, I don't think it could hurt the situation too much. :)

Obligatory scoreboard update: 2-1 Buffalo over Tampa Bay in the 2nd, 2-2 between Washington and the Leafs, also in the 2nd.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion but why are we always on the short end of the powerplays? Our team is built on speed and finesse but the refs call us like we are the f'n bruins or flyers. What is up with that? I remember when carbo coached this team and a lot of guys complained that he yelled at the refs toooo much, and that's why we got bad calls but JM hasn't said anything to a ref in 2 years. Are the ref really out to get us? I have never seen so many bad soft stupid calls against a team in my life. I am not paranoid but then again your aren"t paranoid if they really are out to get you.

Edited by habs rule

IMO, refs are biased. Not so much against this team or that team, but against small speedy players. they seem to assume when they go down that they were outmuscled, but if they take a guy down, they must have hooked, etc. This is why so many big players seem to get away with interference.. they were just "battling for space".

My opinion but why are we always on the short end of the powerplays? Our team is built on speed and finesse but the refs call us like we are the f'n bruins or flyers. What is up with that? I remember when carbo coached this team and a lot of guys complained that he yelled at the refs toooo much, and that's why we got bad calls but JM hasn't said anything to a ref in 2 years. Are the ref really out to get us? I have never seen so many bad soft stupid calls against a team in my life. I am not paranoid but then again your aren"t paranoid if they really are out to get you.

Habs have run into a hot goalie. We've played well enough to have a 2 or 3 to 1 lead.

I don't think he is that hot. He has seen almost everything and they aren't making him move laterally. He has been solid, but hardly spectacular.

There have been pucks sitting there waiting to be picked up and just nobody picking them up.

Kinda feels like next goal wins...

Here is hoping it's the Habs and we can begin to focus on the matchup and not the playoffs.

That looks painful... nasty miss on a check... landed right on the refs skate!

I am waiting for them to give Eller two minutes for moving.