GDT: Blackhawks vs Habs, Apr. 5

dlbalr

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen that! What's it look like??

And he just did it against talking to Joel Bouchard!

I bet he didn't even mind Subban doing another OT celebration.

Edited by BTH

So the top 3 standings are pretty close. Who do you figure we'll play in the first round?

Right now it would be Philly, hope that changes.

The last 2 games are important.

Edited by BrenDittero

So the top 3 standings are pretty close. Who do you figure we'll play in the first round?

Right now it would be Philly, hope that changes.

The last 2 games are important.

Right now it is the Bruins. A win over Ottawa assures them of 7th.

Great celebration by the franchise cornerstones.

Right now it is the Bruins. A win over Ottawa assures them of 7th.

Great celebration by the franchise cornerstones.

Right Bruins. Just misread the standings.

Great game tonight. Couldn't have written a better ending.

PK deserved that celebration after the goal. Wonder if it was " respectful " enough for the hockey media?

I think Kostitsyn deserved the third star. His passes were both perfect for two assists tonight.

Nah. Cammy was a good pick. Easily our better player tonight.

Game 'o the year, and I have to miss it!! :monkey: Still, sounds as though les boys pulled together for one of their classic 'bend-don't-break' performances, EXACTLY what I was hoping for coming out of the promising contest in Jersey. Maybe we have reason to believe this bunch can get it together in time for the dance: because if they bring their 'A' game they are a dangerous playoff opponent, and that's when it gets REAL exciting. :1gohabs:

Game 'o the year, and I have to miss it!! :monkey: Still, sounds as though les boys pulled together for one of their classic 'bend-don't-break' performances, EXACTLY what I was hoping for coming out of the promising contest in Jersey. Maybe we have reason to believe this bunch can get it together in time for the dance: because if they bring their 'A' game they are a dangerous playoff opponent, and that's when it gets REAL exciting. :1gohabs:

I'll second the last two posts.

I would like to thank Price for pretty much dominating all season long. I think he should be in the final 3 in the MVP voting.

I would start the full line up thursday including Price. Then let him sit Saturday along with anyone else injured.

They played well last night at times, just a few things,it's ok to ACTUALLY hit someoneone. Hoe many players had a chance to hit Kane on his goal?

They'll have to tighten up some defensively, it's been a while since they gave up 40 shots.

How is this possible ?

According to NHL.com, Cammy and Kane goals were both scored at EV.

Seabrook has an assist on Chicago's goal.

OT winner was scored on the PP.

Seabrook is -1 for the game.

:blink:

Edited by JoeLassister

How is this possible ?

According to NHL.com, Cammy and Kane goals were both scored at EV.

Seabrook has an assist on Chicago's goal.

OT winner was scored on the PP.

Seabrook is -1 for the game.

:blink:

Heh. He obviously went for a line change while Kane was busy doing the 'round the world' routine.

Heh. He obviously went for a line change while Kane was busy doing the 'round the world' routine.

well. it is the only explanation that would make sense.

I really hope the NHL doesn't fine Turco for his betting with the fan, although I can't see how they won't. That was just hilarious.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Marty-Turco-bets-fan-during-Blackhawks-Habs-game?urn=nhl-wp1867

If they do it will once again represent how ridiculous the NHL is.

They have words like intent to make any dangerous play on the ice open to interpretation, essentially allowing them to come to any decision they chose, but they will go exactly by the book for an offense like betting on an NHL game in a harmless way. THey will ignore the word "intent" and go by the rule of law when they punish Turco. In all reality Turco or the Hawks lose or gain NOTHING from his actions. He cannot impact the outcome of the game sitting on the bench and $5-20 is meaningless to a multi-millionaire.

So Turco's intent is harmless fun. You think the NHL will cite his intentions when they announce their decision? Highly unlikely.

Here is another NHL slight of hand trick. If Turco had made that bet in a "different" part of the arena away from the cameras, would the result be different? Likely, because there would be no picture. Not punishable, right?

Stupidity if they even fine him.

Edited by Wamsley01

Two excellent games in a row. I particularly liked yesterday's performance. I mean, everybody played a role. The defense, with Gill, Sopel and even Mara in the background, played very well. The two big lines had their chances and the other ones played well too, with guys like Eller, Pouliot (yeah! he did not play much but looked much better in that game) and Desharnais working hard. Really, a great show to watch and it bodes well for the playoffs.

Go Habs Go!

Geez, the NHL can be hard on Price when they want to. A SV% over 1.000 (obviously erroneous) and it still doesn't get Price 1st Star of the Night? :)

bezlo5.png

A hat trick always trumps a shutout even if Price made more saves than he had shots.

A hat trick always trumps a shutout even if Price made more saves than he had shots.

I think that they attributed 2 saves for that amazing 2 on 1 save (the pass under Subban).

I should tune in on satalitte radio near the end of every game!! Still in Arizona/Utah, got back to the car after my sunset photo shoots and caught the last few minutes of the NJ win and then got back just in time for the start of the PP against Chicago in OT.

Have a real slow connection at the hotel I'm staying at and wasn't able to run a video of the penalty call against Toews. On the radio they were going on how it was a soft call. Then this morning on the NHL radio, they interviewed Bobby Holik and he went on a rant against people complaining about the call, becuase it was clearly a penalty. Nice to see someone not make a comment just to be anti-Hab. I'm glad I won't be able to catch coaches corner, where the CBC drag queen and Mad Mike will probably be ripping PK for the celebration with Price. Wish I could be able to see the take down. ESPN had absolutely no highlights of the game.

Edited by hab29RETIRED