Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Yup lil Finn is doing very well, but too smurfish for most HabFans to get excited about.

And Audette did seem small/soft in Sept (in little i saw) and was late pick for a reason (but another 2A yesterday).

I still have reservations how McCarron will do with limited minutes as well as playing vs men when he hits pros in late spring or next fall.

But do hope the big fellow can continue and maybe even peak interest from Team USA? but I think they don't flip on players cut from summer camp often do they?

They will flip if he keeps ripping it up.

He has just 1 assist in his last two games (yesterday and today) though, so he may be leveling off. I still think he'll do a lot better than last year, and is improved, but 3 or more points every game like he did for 4 in a row isn't realistic.

Hope he has super year, but many seem a bit too excited about short term hot streak.

But is much better than not putting up points and really do hope he can be an NHLer in a few years, but simply don't have good feeling he will.

hmmm, it says approximately $6.99 per game..then there's this fee and that fee, this tax and that tax..do I really want to pay 11-12 bucks to watch a jr game in November? i'll wait

You'll have a chance to see him a few times on TV this year as Sportsnet will be showing the Knights three times this season. Full TV schedule: http://www.sportsnet.ca/tomorrows-stars-today-fans-to-get-more-games-more-coverage-this-chl-season-on-sportsnet/

Scherbak had a hat trick last night to give him 10 G and 10 A in just 12 GP so far this year.

wow, no kidding!! scherbak may be the greatest #26 pick of all time!! haha jk. great to hear that both he and MM are both doing well. thanks for the London schedule, i'll catch MM sometime..i missed the Kingston game and they don't come to Ottawa :(

2 more goals for McCarron so far tonight.

I'm in the middle of putting together October's prospect 3 Stars. I must say, there are quite a few prospects who had good months that aren't going to crack the list. In particular, there are three players who I could easily make a case for in the honourable mention spot and I'm having a hard time figuring out which one I'm picking.

wow, no kidding!! scherbak may be the greatest #26 pick of all time!! haha jk. great to hear that both he and MM are both doing well. thanks for the London schedule, i'll catch MM sometime..i missed the Kingston game and they don't come to Ottawa :(

The Kingston game is Sunday March 8th so lots of time, and they play Ottawa on the 6th of March in Ottawa.

I wish we could steal Detroits European scouts!

I'd say Montreal's international scouts have done pretty well themselves in recent seasons. Lehkonen and de la Rose look like strong prospects while Collberg was good enough to fetch a pretty good rental player (and may still be an NHL'er one day). Nygren has some potential as well. That's not a bad crew out of a few years. (Yes, Bozon, Andrighetto, Scherbak, and Reway are all internationals too but they were CHL-based picks.)

yes, I agree..but damn, doesn't Detroit find bonafide nhlers in europe every year? i'm not saying we need to go the European route, necessarily, but it would sure be nice to stock the cabinets

They've picked up a few in recent years but they miss quite a bit as well. To pick a sample, from 2004-2008, 5/15 international-based picks (excluding intl. CHL'ers) played in the NHL but two of them played less than 50 games. That's not bad (33% is a solid return) but their reputation is somewhat overstated in my opinion. They're good, but they're not getting high quality NHL'ers yearly by any stretch.

(The Habs had 8 international-based picks in that same sample, 4 of which are or were NHL regulars. But, two of those were overage draftees which are no longer permitted in the CBA. Admittedly, they haven't done that well since then.)

Nice to see Bozon with 2g-4pts in 4 games

11g for Scherbak in 14 gms and only held pointless in 1 game, looking good eh.

Lernout has been fairly quiet, has been staying out of penalty box but not adding offense lately (and he does play point on the PP), 1a in last 5 games.

have a feeling we won't be relying on Lernout to be an offensive force. kids got good size and a nice nasty streak. and besides, any chl team can struggle on the pp for a number of reasons. maybe they ran into quality opponents? maybe they had played a few 1-0 + 2-1 games where there wasn't scoring for everyone? but yeah I hear ya, don..great reports btw

Ya Scherbak looked OK, (but I missed much of game)

That Jake Evans has 6pts in first 10 NCAA games, nice to see for a freshman. (he just went pointless and -3 in 2 games vs MInni. , who are stronger team than Irish)

Bozon was buzzing all around net short-handed with less than minute in game, gets tying goal and had 2pt night in OT win.

Of course Sam Reinhart all over the ice once again with 4 assist game, but not even one of three stars at a home game, guess just too much a ho-hum average game for him? He is an awesome player and I think Sabres made a darn good choice at draft, if I was Florida I might of taken him 1st overall.

Fucale 3rd star of his game.

Nikita the Great held pointless for only 2nd game this year, but his team keeps on winning, has only 2 regulation losses in 18 games and is easily the lowest penalized WHL team (just seems oddly low compared to rest of league?).

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker