Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Most, if not all of their invites, have been nothing short of impressive with their respective teams this season. I still wouldn't give him good odds of making the team. Just glancing at their roster quickly, I think he'll be vying for a fourth line role which would make him far from a lock.

There aren't too many 6'6, 235 lbs guys among the other players. His size should be considered as an asset for the team.

There aren't too many 6'6, 235 lbs guys among the other players. His size should be considered as an asset for the team.

Him and Brandon Carlo are the biggest players in camp. Alex Tuch likely has a guaranteed spot on the RW at 6'3". I think he makes it but if he doesn't I won't be bummed out.

You think being bigger = better?

If playing defense it can be moreso, but up front skill and speed trump size; but, do hope he can make team and be the 'bull in a chinashop' type wrecking ball.

If playing defense it can be moreso, but up front skill and speed trump size; but, do hope he can make team and be the 'bull in a chinashop' type wrecking ball.

I hate putting a player name to it because people immediately assume one means "This player will BECOME this player" but when Michael McCarron gets his wheels going he's a lot like a healthy young Eric Daze. Daze was most effective when he had time to rev up his wheels and when he did nobody was getting near him. He could get so fast and still know what to do with his hands. McCarron looks like that at times in London.

Hope he is more than '6'5" 230lber' and no one will have a clue till he stops playing vs pimple-faced 16-to-19 year olds and steps on ice with the Dogs.

But, this year is more encouraging for sure.

Hope he is more than '6'5" 230lber' and no one will have a clue till he stops playing vs pimple-faced 16-to-19 year olds and steps on ice with the Dogs.

But, this year is more encouraging for sure.

Twice now he has played really well in training camp for us. Even last year when he followed it up with a poor OHL year (due to injuries and new role). He's made to play with men. What McCarron recognizes is that no matter how much he dominates against players his age, what matters is how he looks when he faces men of similar size and stature. He's focused on becoming our Lucic (at least early Lucic)

One thing the US team will not lack is size and grit amongst forwards. They will likely have the biggest, heaviest forward group of any contender with guys like Tuch, Hayden, Fasching, Erne, all in the power forward mould.

That said, I pencilled him in for a fourth line role in my WJC US preview.

McCarron is also 6'5 225 now. Don't know where the 6'6 came from? but the 225 is part of his slimming down last summer and you can see that he is faster and more endurance this year. He also actually has more strength at this weight, and more balance. I think fitness was a huge thing he was lacking last year.

One thing the US team will not lack is size and grit amongst forwards. They will likely have the biggest, heaviest forward group of any contender with guys like Tuch, Hayden, Fasching, Erne, all in the power forward mould.

McCarron is also 6'5 225 now. Don't know where the 6'6 came from? but the 225 is part of his slimming down last summer and you can see that he is faster and more endurance this year. He also actually has more strength at this weight, and more balance. I think fitness was a huge thing he was lacking last year.

Finesse, bad return to injury, transition period, pressure, etc.

It was a big stew of bad stuff that could derail any career. This year it felt like the Knights said, "If you want it, top six spot is yours." and having that confidence in him (along with dropping weight and now knowing what is expected of him in the OHL) ensured he'd be back on track to what Timmins saw in him.

Remember Jean Béliveau, Mario Lemieux, Eric Lindros or Jeff Carter? With a bit of speed, good hands and strenght, a big hockey player is like a tank. Very tough to play against. McCarron is not there yet, of course, but he has the potential to become a very effective hockey player. Don't worry about him. He will make it and you will like him. A lot.

• Upvote 1

6'5 or 6'6. Will you discredit me for one inch over 77 or 78 for the whole package???

Fucale picked up a shutout last night, 28 saves. Mark MacMillan had a goal and an assist, he has come back nicely from his injury.

Nikita Scherbak had two helpers as well, extending his point and assist streaks to seven games.

You must be off your meds if you compare Beliveau or Mario to a McCarron?

More like a Ian Shultz, Andrew Conboy or a Turner Stevenson.

I see that you don't understand what I meant. You obviously are not aware that, on a rhetorical basis, sometimes it is good to exaggerate a comparison, to make a point. Let's forget about it. Not important anyway.

• Upvote 1

Audette gets 15g, Bozon gets 10th, Scherbak 4pts in past 2 games

Bozon 10g 21pts -15gms (1.4ppg)

Audette 15g 37pts -27 games, 20th in Q scoring (1.37ppg)

Scherbak 14g 36pts -23games, 12th in WHL scoring (1.56ppg)

If Lehkonen doesn't tear ity up at the wjc, i'd think he'd have to be forgotten about! JDL should be loaned out, don't you think? Wasn't he penned as Team Captain for Swe?

Timmins is a huge fan of Lehkonen. A poor showing at the WJC's won't take him out of the long-term picture I don't think. As for whether or not de la Rose should be loaned, it depends on what his situation is with Hamilton. He was on the 2nd line yesterday, it's not as if he's a 6-8 minute a game player. Even when he's on the 3rd, he's probably around 14 minutes per. I'd lean towards loaning him if he's pegged to play an offensive role for the Swedes. But if they view him as a 2nd line defensive guy, he might be better off staying.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker