Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

I hope Tinordi dosent get traded and McCarron can contribute at pro level; but would put Hudon, Lehkonen, Reway, Andrighetto, Scherbak, Bozon etc all ahead of McCarron as likelihood being a future NHL regular (and 1/2 or more of them wont make it).

I hope Tinordi dosent get traded and McCarron can contribute at pro level; but would put Hudon, Lehkonen, Reway, Andrighetto, Scherbak, Bozon etc all ahead of McCarron as likelihood being a future NHL regular (and 1/2 or more of them wont make it).

Too bad we can't have a bet. I sure would take one with you. IMO McCarron will make it before Lehkonen, Reway and Bozon. I am quite sure that he will play his first game in the NHL next season.

I wouldn't be too surprised if he actually does play a game or two. But would be presently surprised (like am with de la Rose) if it amounted to anything more than a bottom six injury call-up.

Both Lehkonen & Reway have 1 more year in Europe and Bozon can shoot, but it may take a bit and be like Andrighetto/Thomas needing some seasoning in AHL, hope he plays in last 3 Bulldog games this week.

The reason why McCarron will get more than a game or two next year is, IMO, quite obvious. The CH needs his size. And he has already shown, I strongly believe, that he belongs with better players.

Next fall will tell us more, of course. But I feel very comfortable with my prediction. He will play in the NHL. If not in Montreal, somewhere else. But he will play, and probably make it a career.

Size is as much an issue as it is a positive for him!

Don't get all excited because of his physical dimensions, lots of huge dudes in AHL and many have come and gone, size is a very poor judge of a hockey player and blinds most fans and even some GMs, who start drooling when see/hear of a 6'5" 230lb 17 year old (how many are presently that big and actually making an impact in the NHL?).

Speed, tenacity and skill are much much more important to success (for forwards in particular).

If I was to be a dumb dumb and try to make a career prognosis on McCarron it'd be for him to get into the NHL around 22, 23 and be a huge force in crashing the net and tipping shots in front of the goalies. He'll probably have a playoff series that blows everyone's socks off the way Lucic, Bickell, Penner and Byfuglien have had in the past. That'll lead to a big push in his value and his cap hit for his next contract. He'll mellow out as a 15-25 goal guy who gets top six time because of his size and will eventually regress into a bottom six mucker, even after leaving the Habs for free agency or sticking around as a big man on campus. We will get five good seasons out of him.

Fucale wins 5-2, adding to his playoff W record and 3-0 in series.

Gregoire adds a 1a and BC winning 4-3 mid-game.

McCarron not on scoreboard yet, losing 4-2 after 2nd.

Gregoire 1st star again, 1g 1a; 8g 17pts in 8 games, not too shabby! Up 3-0 in series also.

McCarron gets 1a on short-handed goal, Lose 7-3.

McCarron is not the best Hab prospect, just the biggest.

You're definitely not a McCarron fan. LOL

I don't know if he is the best Hab prospect. I sure wish there would be a better one. Maybe Hudon, or Scherback...

But at least he is a prospect, an a respectable one. Let's just hope the best for the kid. After all, it's his career, not ours which is at stake.

You're definitely not a McCarron fan. LOL

I don't know if he is the best Hab prospect. I sure wish there would be a better one. Maybe Hudon, or Scherback...

But at least he is a prospect, an a respectable one. Let's just hope the best for the kid. After all, it's his career, not ours which is at stake.

We drafted three players around the same place in McCarron, De La Rose and Fucale. One of them has already made it with the other two having a longer road. If all three make it, it's an embarrassment of riches.

I think Scherbak is our prospect with the highest ceiling but Hudon keeps pushing his ceiling up. Jury still isn't out yet on if De La Rose can become more than just a third line forward with seasoning. McCarron is a top five prospect for us. His ceiling is extremely high, but it's all about where his floor is.

Scherbak 1a in a 5-3 loss. Down 2-1 in series now.

Score not indicative of game, Everett outshot 36-19

Portland went up 5-0 lead, scoring on both "lazy" tripping penalties by Scherbak.

They have gone to having the two Russians (Nikolishin-Scherbak) on same line, but just 1 late meaningless goal for them.

Not bad at all, not near as good as Andrighetto nor Thomas's production as a junior, but if you want to get hopes up simply because he is 6'13" 300lbs, fly at er. :blush:

Be a sport Don. Give Big Mike some credit when he deserves it.

It's like me. I am not a fan of Plekanec, but I have to admit that he had a very good season, particularly in the 2nd half.

I doubt that he will be a big contributor in the series, but if he does I will stop complaining about him (not sure about that!). Trade DD instead! LOL

Surely you can give him a LIIIIITTLE credit?! It's ok :blush:

1/2 in jest, I like you want him to be a superstar, but seems many HabFans are fixated on him as some great hope, when numerous other prospects look to have much better chance to be an reg NHLer

Why, not discuss Hudon, Reway, Scherbak, Gregoire, Lehkonen, Andrighetto, Thomas, who all have better chance as adding offense to future Hab roster, not a lumbering bottom six grinder.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker