Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Consistency and defensive effort.

What is it with skilled snipers, they can simply dominate one game and then are invisible the next (a la Ovechkin, Kovalev, Kessel, Pacioretty, Gaborik, Kovalchuk),

Or when on hot streak, they can fill the net for a week or two and then nuttin for next week or two?

Patience is fine, but just hope his offensive production can transmit to pro ranks and more than offset his weaknesses (and he may not even hit 30 goals this year at that)

Consistency and defensive effort.

What is it with skilled snipers, they can simply dominate one game and then are invisible the next (a la Ovechkin, Kovalev, Kessel, Pacioretty, Gaborik, Kovalchuk),

Or when on hot streak, they can fill the net for a week or two and then nuttin for next week or two?

"Sniper 101" was Mike Cammalleri.

Basically, skilled snipers have a great shot but it has to be clean. They need a clear shot. They need to have their balance. If everything is right then they are more than likely scoring. If anything is wrong like stick chips on the ice or a wonky wrist from a hit into the boards or the puck has a little built up sludge from cruddy ice and the shot isn't gonna go the way they want it to.

I say Cammalleri was Sniper 101 because he was all about the perfect shot. He found it so many times. We saw the one knee one-timer at least 20 times in a single season. When the situation was right it was always going in. Expecting Cammalleri to score in other situations was almost never happening.

It's rare to find a player who can score in all situations. Guys like Forsberg, Lemieux, St. Louis, they don't need the perfect spot. They could always make something out of nothing. The best snipers had different tools, different places to shoot or knew how to take advantage of tip situations. The problem is telling certain guys that the shot that always seems to go in? It might not go in one day and they need other shots to try. It's why I like Alex Ovechkin. He isn't the conventional sniper. He is a machine gun. He'll fire the puck from anywhere at any time.

Well, as I said, I just hope Scherbak, Bozon can put pucks in net for Hamilton and also both have good off-season training and bulk up a bit before hit the pro ranks.

And like Timmins comment, that Galchenyuk & Scherbak showed good chemistry in training camp.

Bozon gets 2g, up to 28 now with 6 goals in last 5 games.

Lernout set up game tying goal less than 2minutes left in 3rd and his team beats Kootenay in shootout. Bozon no goal in shootout.

Bozon gets his 29th for the lead, 1/2 through 3rd.

(He is scheduled to meet with a young HabFan after this game; young fellow had meningitis and still recovering)

It's great seeing Bozon have success this season after all he's gone through. There is no prospect i'm rooting for more then him. I'm hoping he'll be a great addition some day to the habs and when he is he'll be an instant great addition to the community up there just seems like a great guy.

It's great seeing Bozon have success this season after all he's gone through. There is no prospect i'm rooting for more then him. I'm hoping he'll be a great addition some day to the habs and when he is he'll be an instant great addition to the community up there just seems like a great guy.

I'll never forget him swearing in French in his first interviews after being drafted.

Reway had four assists today to get him back over the point-per-game mark. He now has eight points in his last four games...and went pointless in two of those.

Gregoire had a goal and an assist. He's up to a strong 35 points in 26 games.

MacMillan went down with what is being reported as a serious injury. Early speculation is that he's going to be out for a while.

Scherbak gets his 27th and 1a on OT winner, 3rd star. (he also leads his team with +28).

Looks like he will improve a touch on his production last year.

Gregoire 16th g today (in a 9-1 whoopin of BC), for 5pts in his last 3 games.

Fucale "not playing"? 2nd best goalie on Remparts?

Lehkonen...yup zero points again, but played 14:44

Fucale "not playing"? 2nd best goalie on Remparts?

Booth seems to have wrestled back the starter job for the time being. There's still time for Fucale to get back the reins though..he just better make the most of it when he gets his chance.

Really, I kinda hoped he may have nagging injury and why been sitting more than expected.

Could be that, I suppose, something they're not making public. He hasn't played well lately though so my guess is that Booth is earning himself more games.

Fucale as a Bulldog come this Oct? (backup to Tokarski :nuts:)

Fucale should be with the Bulldogs (though I'm hoping the Habs switch ECHL affiliates to Brampton to get him some more games down there as well). A Condon/Tokarski-Fucale tandem could be interesting.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker