Habs players can't be locked out?

Habsfan84

He didn't stay with Nashville's farm, he went to Hamilton. I should've specified that earlier.

But i see today, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins, Adam Henrique etc are all going to AHL, so who is likely going from Habs?

But i see today, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins, Adam Henrique etc are all going to AHL, so who is likely going from Habs?

Blunden for sure having cleared waivers today. St-Denis, Palushaj, and Desjardins appear likely to sign AHL deals to get around the waiver process. After them, Leblanc and Geoffrion can both go down as well, I think that's about it. Subban potentially could go (since he's unsigned, he's not subject to waivers either up or down at the moment) but I don't think that will happen.

Blunden for sure having cleared waivers today. St-Denis, Palushaj, and Desjardins appear likely to sign AHL deals to get around the waiver process. After them, Leblanc and Geoffrion can both go down as well, I think that's about it. Subban potentially could go (since he's unsigned, he's not subject to waivers either up or down at the moment) but I don't think that will happen.

thanks,

i was wondering if maybe Yemelin/Diaz/Pacioretty/Eller etc may go there instead of SEL/KHL?

but should see shortly where all are going?

Markov/Yemelin must be KHL bound i assume and many others to respective countries eh.

Hamilton must be almost a full roster anyways?

thanks,

i was wondering if maybe Yemelin/Diaz/Pacioretty/Eller etc may go there instead of SEL/KHL?

but should see shortly where all are going?

Markov/Yemelin must be KHL bound i assume and many others to respective countries eh.

Hamilton must be almost a full roster anyways?

Not everyone is able to go to the AHL. From what I've gathered, the only players who are eligible to sign AHL deals are those who were on clear-day rosters at the end of last year and/or finished last year in the AHL plus those who are presently not under NHL contracts. Additionally, players who do not require demotion waivers could be assigned (although I've yet to see anything from the Habs saying they've done so with Leblanc & Geoffrion).

The players you've mentioned are all under contract and all would require waivers. For them to be able to play in the AHL, they would have had to go through the special waiver process that over 100 players, including Blunden, went through up until today.

So Subban can play for the Dogs because he isn't under NHL contract?

As far as I can tell, yes. He would be eligible to sign a minor league deal as a legitimate free agent and not be subjected to the re-entry waiver process whenever play gets underway this season. That said, I'd be absolutely stunned if the Habs even approached him to do so, nor do I think he'd agree.

Subban would be stupid risk signing a contract to play in a minor league. The habs really messed this up. Had they resigned him and this turns out to be a lengthy lockout, Subban could have at least played in Europe or somewhere. As it is, he'd be a fool to risk an injury, without having a contract in place, that he could use as a basis for how much insurance coverage to get. Now, he could conceivably not play any competitive hockey for the next 3 months to a year.

As far as I can tell, yes. He would be eligible to sign a minor league deal as a legitimate free agent and not be subjected to the re-entry waiver process whenever play gets underway this season. That said, I'd be absolutely stunned if the Habs even approached him to do so, nor do I think he'd agree.

maybe Bergeron doesnt want PK playing competitive hockey during the lockout - and this is why the stailmate in negotiations.

That would be even dumber considering how playing in Europe actually benefited a lot of young players during the last lockout.

At his age and development, Subban NEEDS to be playing.

maybe Bergeron doesnt want PK playing competitive hockey during the lockout - and this is why the stailmate in negotiations.

And if he gets injured playing in Europe?

He could injured in preseason playing for the habs. At this point in his career, he needs to be playing games, last lockout playing in Europe was the best thing that could happen for some young players. For an offensive dman, playing in Europe if there is a lengthy lockout is definitely better then just training and laying pickup hockey with other nhlpa members.

not that I believe this, only that its possible ...

I have to thing Bergeron has an idea as to how long the owners are willing to lockout the players. IF its a matter of games starting by January 1, then giving PK the fall 'off' may be fine. I mean, PK doesn't know how to play at 50%, it's all or nothing. PK, as durable as he seems to be, could be one freak accident away from being finished. of course, this could happen at any time, even a

Habs preseason game, but if something like that would happen, I'd rather it happen in NA with Hab trainers and medics on site to give the teams's best attention to one of the team's best assets.

If Subban can get anything close to what he might earn over here, he could sign a years contact in Europe making him inelligible to come back if the dispute were resolved. He has no contract that demands he play when the CBA is resolved. I just say this as a leverage point, the players need all the help they can get.

• 3 weeks later...