Training camp news and notes

dlbalr

My gut tells me the Habs will start the season without Subban, and Bergevin is fine with that. It'll be interesting see how the team does without him. Maybe if the team does well, Bergevin entertains trade offers?

My gut tells me the Habs will start the season without Subban, and Bergevin is fine with that. It'll be interesting see how the team does without him. Maybe if the team does well, Bergevin entertains trade offers?

The team could do well simply based on Price being a wall and other teams fumbling their first games. This team is infinitely better with Subban than without.

Bergevin was asked if Subban Signs by Friday would he be in the lineup Saturday night. Bergevin said no. So unless something developes in the next hour or so, Subban will not be playing Saturday.

Also, I've read there is little to no chance of another team putting an offer sheet on Subban because of the new compensation rules in the CBA around offer sheet. Would someone be so kind as to point me in the direction of these new rules? I would much enjoy reading the changes.

Bergevin was asked if Subban Signs by Friday would he be in the lineup Saturday night. Bergevin said no. So unless something developes in the next hour or so, Subban will not be playing Saturday.

Also, I've read there is little to no chance of another team putting an offer sheet on Subban because of the new compensation rules in the CBA around offer sheet. Would someone be so kind as to point me in the direction of these new rules? I would much enjoy reading the changes.

I'm not aware of any rules that have come out regarding changes to offer sheet compensation. I'd say it's less likely at this point as teams for the most part have their roster set.

In training camp news, both Blunden and St. Denis were placed on waivers today (opening day rosters must be declared by 5 PM tomorrow). Both will, however, play in tonight's scrimmage game.

I know I read it somewhere saying no team will put an offer sheet on Subban because of the offer sheet rule changes. As for rosters set, Toronto just freed up $8m in cap space, so it appears as if their planning something big. If the offer sheet rules haven't changed, you would think Philly or Toronto(now) might put an offer forward.

I know I read it somewhere saying no team will put an offer sheet on Subban because of the offer sheet rule changes. As for rosters set, Toronto just freed up $8m in cap space, so it appears as if their planning something big. If the offer sheet rules haven't changed, you would think Philly or Toronto(now) might put an offer forward.

It's rumoured that some teams have already offered him offer sheets and he hasn't signed them.

Expect Toronto, if they did make an offer sheet, to offer it to James Neal not Subban.

It's rumoured that some teams have already offered him offer sheets and he hasn't signed them.

Expect Toronto, if they did make an offer sheet, to offer it to James Neal not Subban.

You mean Jamie Benn ??

Oh man.

If Dave Nonis' first move as GM of the leafs is to offer sheet a player and do a reprise of the Phil Kessel trade in a slightly different manner (offer sheet instead of trade).... oh man the media would have a field day.

Oh man.

If Dave Nonis' first move as GM of the leafs is to offer sheet a player and do a reprise of the Phil Kessel trade in a slightly different manner (offer sheet instead of trade).... oh man the media would have a field day.

Commandant, just curious, would you rate Subban above or below Phaneuf in term of actual value?

Above.

Phaneuf is not as good as the media has made him out to be.

And Subban is better than advertised and recognized. He is a top 10 point getter on D. Top shot blocker grouping. Strong along walls and solid steal/takeaways contributuons. Great plus minus under very tough minutes last year on a negative team. Top 25 checks for defense. Strong passer. Strong shooter. If he shrinks his giveaways by 30, he's in elite company for offensive defenseman. And those are misleading, as his recovery after turnover is very good.

He's young. If you look at his game, intangibles, numbers and factor in age, he's elite.

Above.

Phaneuf is not as good as the media has made him out to be.

Phaneuf hits and puts up points. He has terrible positioning. He should have learned in his first years in Calgary and didn't. He should have learned from Beauchemin but didn't. He'll never learn.

Anyone catch what the camp lines were today?

Phaneuf hits and puts up points. He has terrible positioning. He should have learned in his first years in Calgary and didn't. He should have learned from Beauchemin but didn't. He'll never learn.

Anyone catch what the camp lines were today?

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gionta

Moen-Eller-Bourque

Prust-White-Armstrong

Gallagher-Dumont-Blunden

Bournival-Leblanc-Holland

Markov-Emelin

Kaberle-Gorges

Bouillon-Diaz

Tinordi-Weber

St. Denis-Commodore

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/blog.htm?id=261

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gionta

Moen-Eller-Bourque

Prust-White-Armstrong

Gallagher-Dumont-Blunden

Bournival-Leblanc-Holland

Markov-Emelin

Kaberle-Gorges

Bouillon-Diaz

Tinordi-Weber

St. Denis-Commodore

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/blog.htm?id=261

I presume there will also be lots of experiments.

no live feed for the Habs session :(

here's one for the Flyers though! http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2013/1/17/3888040/flyers-practice-how-to-watch-video