7:30 PM Washington @ Montreal, Third vs Second...Again

dlbalr

Well my first night on this forum was good, too bad we couldn't get the W.. Like you said it just one of those games.. Anyway, all of you were very nice and friendly besides JMMR who was very rude, and strongly against other peoples opinions.. Can't be a Mod, and tell someone to "get over it" when they express an opinion.. I'll go back to the official boards where the mods are very self righteous and strict, but are in no way rude.. Thanks to everyone else for your hospitality..

Well my first night on this forum was good, too bad we couldn't get the W.. Like you said it just one of those games.. Anyway, all of you were very nice and friendly besides JMMR who was very rude, and strongly against other peoples opinions.. Can't be a Mod, and tell someone to "get over it" when they express an opinion.. I'll go back to the official boards where the mods are very self righteous and strict, but are in no way rude.. Thanks to everyone else for your hospitality..

I wasnt telling you to get over it, more so wanting the Habs to get over it and not lie on the ice and stare back at the refs.

I'm not one for excuses save that for the bruins.

SwA9adL.gif

well that is an interesting theory. Jmmr can be a little hard to take as I have found but It is no reason to give up and run away. OK now that that is over. We should never have lost this game it was OURS. I like Ryder and would sign him again but DO NOT ask him to defend OV, MT lose his mind ? What kind of crap coaching was that.? The fluke goal happens, its hockey. The reffing was not great but it was pretty much even steven except for some obvious stuff in front of their net. I beleive if the refs had called 2 penalties that needed to be called we win. But we did not lose cause of the refs Nordword played good. and we were unlucky

Sorry NYHabsFan26, JMMR is allowed to express himself the same way as everyone else. If that's all it takes for you to leave, don't know what to say. Best of luck in your future endeavours?

We should all try agreeing with each other about everything, that will surely make this board more interesting.

• Upvote 1

We should all try agreeing with each other about everything, that will surely make this board more interesting.

I've seen the viewpoint before. I think anyone who has been a mod has seen the viewpoint before.

A lot of people believe that mods should be like police officers and not engage in regular discussion. They should just be there to drop punishments on people "breaking the rules". They always worry that a mod who disagrees with them is going to mishandle their power and ban them from the site or whatever. So JMMR disagreeing with him was being rude because here's a mod who is engaging in regular discussion instead of just being "strict" or "self righteous".

To be honest I've been on this site for a year now I believe and I didn't even realize JMMR is a mod.

To be honest I've been on this site for a year now I believe and I didn't even realize JMMR is a mod.

That's the way we prefer it. Obviously as the admin (and long-time mod) I have to be a bit more vocal but beyond that, we want to work as much behind the scenes as possible. Disagreements are bound to happen, as long as they're civil, we take no issue with it and mods are certainly encouraged to be part of the discussion.

I can understand the frustration with the officiating as last night, it wasn't called to a normal regular season standard. There were lots of missed calls for sure. On the other hand, it was called the same way for both sides so at least it was fair. Still sucks that the Habs lost though...

I totally agree with the no excuses mantra. This is the way the playoffs will be called. I really hope we see a few more super defensive, chippy games where the whistles are put away. It's going to be that way in the playoffs, and if this team wants any success they need to be able to win these games.

I never said anything about not expressing a different opinion.. I have a small background in political science, so i personally love to debate, but being rude shows a sign of weakness, and inability to debate properly.. He wrote me and expressed i just misunderstood what he was saying, which i see now that i did. On the official forums mods do abuse their power, and punish for continued disagreement with their opinions (and the opinions of a select few that have no authority), so excuse me if i came off a bit defensive as I thought this may be the same type of system.. I guess, with the tough loss, we weren't in the best of moods last night either..

I never said anything about not expressing a different opinion.. I have a small background in political science, so i personally love to debate, but being rude shows a sign of weakness, and inability to debate properly.. He wrote me and expressed i just misunderstood what he was saying, which i see now that i did. On the official forums mods do abuse their power, and punish for continued disagreement with their opinions (and the opinions of a select few that have no authority), so excuse me if i came off a bit defensive as I thought this may be the same type of system.. I guess, with the tough loss, we weren't in the best of moods last night either..

What official forums are you talking about? And who cares about the inner workings of a silly website like this? Toughen up buddy. I look forward to future contributions from you. We can sure use it. I've been lurking around here for 10+ years, and a member for around 8. This place was a lot busier before.

I can vouch for him there, I was banned from Eyes on the Prize for a "spirited " discussion on advanced stats. No abuse, trolling, etc, but I challenged the mod about how much he actually knows about statistics after he called me a "mental midget." I run a call center and spend half my life pouring over stats, and once I mentioned that I was banned.

I can vouch for him there, I was banned from Eyes on the Prize for a "spirited " discussion on advanced stats. No abuse, trolling, etc, but I challenged the mod about how much he actually knows about statistics after he called me a "mental midget." I run a call center and spend half my life pouring over stats, and once I mentioned that I was banned.

Was it Berkshire? That guy is a bit of a tool but we share common friends so the only time I went to task about it was the dumb sponsored Bruins article.

What official forums are you talking about? And who cares about the inner workings of a silly website like this? Toughen up buddy. I look forward to future contributions from you. We can sure use it. I've been lurking around here for 10+ years, and a member for around 8. This place was a lot busier before.

The official forums would only be the forums on the official Canadians website.. This is where i have spent some time, and was warned and banned for a day just because of my opinion, oh and i said a call on the ice was "bs".. You can say what you want about any player over on those forums, but if you utter one spiteful word about a Habs player, you will receive a warning.. In the most recent case it was a women saying "Gionta's play is useless tonight".. She was instantly warned.. I do care about the inner workings of a website when it is working like that... I heard about this site on MontrealHockeyTalk.com, and came to check it out!

I heard about this site on MontrealHockeyTalk.com, and came to check it out!

While I'm not Dlbalr (easily the catchiest name on the forum, not that I'm anyone to speak), I will say this. I re-read JMMR post's around three times and never did I think he was rude. Not only that, but in the "heat of the moment" people are going to get heated on their opinion. Was it the capslock that offended you? Was it the tone? Because honestly, this is how civil people discuss hockey all of the time. You're unhappy about not being able to call things BS at the other board? Well with exception to a family language you're allowed to criticize a referee's call. You just have to understand that someone might disagree and they have every right to reply. That's what a discussion board is.

If you can get some thick skin, I think we'd all be happy to see you post more here. But if JMMR simply telling you NO EXCUSES is enough for you to call him rude and take a powder, I don't know what to say to you. You probably won't find a home anywhere.

Was it Berkshire? That guy is a bit of a tool but we share common friends so the only time I went to task about it was the dumb sponsored Bruins article.

Yes. If he wants to squash opposing opinions, that's his right. It's no surprise why his entire comments section agrees with everything he says. I just said that advanced stats are what they are, another way to view what happens on the ice, but that articles about them are boring. I used to read his stuff all the time, he's a great blogger but everything he does now is stats. If I wanted that, I would log into my CRM at home and download reports to excel for entertainment.

Yes. If he wants to squash opposing opinions, that's his right. It's no surprise why his entire comments section agrees with everything he says. I just said that advanced stats are what they are, another way to view what happens on the ice, but that articles about them are boring. I used to read his stuff all the time, he's a great blogger but everything he does now is stats. If I wanted that, I would log into my CRM at home and download reports to excel for entertainment.

He put up a Fenwick chart the other day. It was probably the ugliest sports image I have ever seen. It made little sense even if you understood Fenwick and even worse, it took paragraphs to explain the intention. It was a giant trash fire.

While I'm not Dlbalr (easily the catchiest name on the forum, not that I'm anyone to speak), I will say this. I re-read JMMR post's around three times and never did I think he was rude. Not only that, but in the "heat of the moment" people are going to get heated on their opinion. Was it the capslock that offended you? Was it the tone? Because honestly, this is how civil people discuss hockey all of the time. You're unhappy about not being able to call things BS at the other board? Well with exception to a family language you're allowed to criticize a referee's call. You just have to understand that someone might disagree and they have every right to reply. That's what a discussion board is.

If you can get some thick skin, I think we'd all be happy to see you post more here. But if JMMR simply telling you NO EXCUSES is enough for you to call him rude and take a powder, I don't know what to say to you. You probably won't find a home anywhere.

Like i said in my above post, I don't want people to not disagree with me, i'm all for proving why i think my opinion is right, trust me.. My wife would surely tell you the same lol... Anyway i wrote him he wrote me, and it was a misunderstanding on my part, and i blew it out of proportion.. No need to bring up something that i said was a misunderstand on my part just to have me say it again..