Apr. 17, Montreal vs Pittsburgh, 7 PM

dlbalr

There is a lot of criticism on here about Galchenyuk and ice time. I agree that his and Eller's PP time is very low, but the reason he goes to the penalty box for bench minors is that he is not a penalty killer. You see this all the time with other teams too. I also think that when your team is dying defensively, you are going to lean more on your players that can check well in their own end. I am not too upset about this. I am a little worried about the play of our defense not named Subban. Since the loss of Emelin, they cannot find balance. Losing a number 4 defenseman should not hurt this badly. We really need Diaz back.

There is a lot of criticism on here about Galchenyuk and ice time. I agree that his and Eller's PP time is very low, but the reason he goes to the penalty box for bench minors is that he is not a penalty killer. You see this all the time with other teams too. I also think that when your team is dying defensively, you are going to lean more on your players that can check well in their own end. I am not too upset about this.

I have no qualms about him being the 'designated sitter.' He's not ready to play a PK role yet so send him and that way, you have a potentially dangerous scoring threat coming out of the box should the puck be in the neutral zone as the penalty expires. It's a good idea actually. I just would like to see him playing more in general - he has points in 7 of his last 8 games and has played over 12:30 just once in that span. Whether it's an extra shift here or there on the PP or his line not getting sat to double shift another as often, just something to reward him for being one of the better point producers and offensive threats over these past few weeks.

Well there is one White knight they could use, but he is suspended, in the coaches doghouse and unfortunately probably done as a hab.

And our best player is now playing the white way.

But unless Tinordi suddenly puts everything together in Hamilton and becomes an effective shot blocking physical force like Emelin, their is nobody else that will help turn things around this year.

Price needs to be better than the ither team's goalie. The boys need to suck it up, simplify their game, use their speed and get back to outworking the opposition.

Ryan White is not solving the issues this team has, and neither is Tinordi.

Josh Gorges, Andrei Markov, and Francis Bouillion have to be better, its as simple as that.

There is a lot of criticism on here about Galchenyuk and ice time. I agree that his and Eller's PP time is very low, but the reason he goes to the penalty box for bench minors is that he is not a penalty killer. You see this all the time with other teams too. I also think that when your team is dying defensively, you are going to lean more on your players that can check well in their own end. I am not too upset about this. I am a little worried about the play of our defense not named Subban. Since the loss of Emelin, they cannot find balance. Losing a number 4 defenseman should not hurt this badly. We really need Diaz back.

He's also our best breakaway guy.

If things break just right (and it doesn't happen often)... he could be sprung for a breakaway coming out of the penalty box.

So what, he sits in there for 2 minutes? As you say, he's not killing the penalty anyway.

I have no qualms about him being the 'designated sitter.' He's not ready to play a PK role yet so send him and that way, you have a potentially dangerous scoring threat coming out of the box should the puck be in the neutral zone as the penalty expires. It's a good idea actually. I just would like to see him playing more in general - he has points in 7 of his last 8 games and has played over 12:30 just once in that span. Whether it's an extra shift here or there on the PP or his line not getting sat to double shift another as often, just something to reward him for being one of the better point producers and offensive threats over these past few weeks.

You never know. There is no empirical evidence to back this up but it's possible that he's producing at that rate in part because of his limited minutes. There are a myriad of reasons that this could be the case.

Even Gallagher averages what, 13 some minutes a game?

You never know. There is no empirical evidence to back this up but it's possible that he's producing at that rate in part because of his limited minutes. There are a myriad of reasons that this could be the case.

Even Gallagher averages what, 13 some minutes a game?

One thing the coaching staff can emphatically NOT be accused of is mishandling the young talent. That we are clamouring to see more of those young players is an ironic testament to how well they've been brought along IMHO.

That was meant as sarcasm.

Ryan White is not solving the issues this team has, and neither is Tinordi.

Josh Gorges, Andrei Markov, and Francis Bouillion have to be better, its as simple as that.

He's also our best breakaway guy.

If things break just right (and it doesn't happen often)... he could be sprung for a breakaway coming out of the penalty box.

So what, he sits in there for 2 minutes? As you say, he's not killing the penalty anyway.