Caps @ Habs, April 20th

JoeLassister

JoeLassister Productions present,

A story of honor, of division lead, a story of getting on a hot streak before playoffs begin.

Ending slumps doesn't seem to be enough for you guys, so here I am.

Back at it one more time, just to ensure that our beloved team win this season's series against Washington. (1-1)

andreimarkovalexovechki.jpg

Will Raphael Diaz have much of an impact in his return game ?

Will Alex Galchenyuk receive the ice time most of us think he deserves ?

Will Carey Price (and his posts) be able to calm down a red hot Ovy ?

Will I have to make the next GDT as well ?

The answers will slowly come up tonight, starting at 7pm. It's on NBC SN, CBC, RDS, CSN-DC.

I'll leave you with Brian and the projected lineups. :P

Boston loses... Big chance to go up 4

Especially since Boston is going to have one cramped up schedule on their way to the post-season and Montreal needs to take advantage of the points right now.

The East is pretty interesting right now:

First is set with Pittsburgh.

Second, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth is a Northeast battle with Montreal and Boston vying for second and everyone else vying for the remaining spots.

Third is going to be between Washington and Winnipeg.

The Islanders and Rangers have been going back and forth with seventh and eighth but it's very possible for Winnipeg to move into third and Washington to push out the Rangers.

Things can go a lot of ways, especially with the Northeast games still left (MTL vs. TOR, TOR vs. OTT, OTT vs. BOS)

I'll leave you with Brian and the projected lineups. :P

Washington:

Ovechkin - Backstrom - Johansson

Brouwer - Ribeiro - Erat

Chimera - Perreault - Fehr

Volpatti - Hendricks - Beagle

Alzner - Green

Carlson - Erskine

Hillen - Oleksy

Holtby

Montreal:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gionta

Bourque - Desharnais - Ryder

Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher

Moen - Halpern - Prust

Gorges - Subban

Markov - Diaz

Bouillon - Weber

Price

Also worth noting today is that Boston lost in regulation to Pittsburgh, once again putting the Habs in the drivers' seat for the division. Boston still has a game in hand but Montreal is two points ahead...hopefully those numbers will be doubled in about 5.5 hours or so.

will be very interesting to see if diaz and markov can rekindle the chemistry they clearly had on the PP to 5on5 play....

Also, it seems that ever since i called out galchenyuk on several occasions in march that he needed to up his play to keep his spot in the top 9 once everyone was healthy, he has done exactly that! he's now playing with much more vigor and purpose.......

next up pacioretty....... step up mr. max! tonights your night! throw the freakin body every chance you get and attack the net! attack the net! attack the net!

Odd to see Boston of all teams struggling. If ever there was a club that should be able to draw inspiration and emotion from its fans, now would be the time. I guess the chaos there has had the opposite effect on the team...weird.

You would think a guy making the kind off ey he does, would dress better than that.

Max+Pacioretty+2012+NHL+Awards+Portraits

Odd to see Boston of all teams struggling. If ever there was a club that should be able to draw inspiration and emotion from its fans, now would be the time. I guess the chaos there has had the opposite effect on the team...weird.

Nobody believed me before the last time we played them, but there is something wrong with that team. Lucic is scratched, they blow a lead in the third once a week, and they can't score. They haven't made one improvement to that team since 2010. Nothing lasts forever!

Well Boston struggles against Pittsburgh and loses 3-2...

We struggle against Pittsburgh and lose 6-4 or 7-6...

I think I'd rather struggle like Boston.

Well Boston struggles against Pittsburgh and loses 3-2...

We struggle against Pittsburgh and lose 6-4 or 7-6...

I think I'd rather struggle like Boston.

Yes, I'd rather have Boston's roster as well. And their Cup rings.

Crap. Well a fluky bounce off the Capital players skate, right over to Ovechkin.