2013 Official Draft Day Thread

dlbalr

Has some serious skill though.

Yep, but his size is scaring teams off. It's past pick 100 and I think he's still there. That's the main reason why.

By the way, for anyone wondering, I am putting a third article together for the remaining picks.

Habs pick at 86

Sven Andrighetto

Nice pick here, though here come the size complaints.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/06/29/sven-andrighetto-2013-nhl-draft-prospect-profile-75/

hes an old man

Yep, but his size is scaring teams off. It's past pick 100 and I think he's still there. That's the main reason why.

By the way, for anyone wondering, I am putting a third article together for the remaining picks.

Next year you have to take the draft over.

come to Kingston

all the beer you ca drink on me for all the work you do!

Apparently, Andrighetto turned down a six-digit contract offer from a team in Switzerland. He decided to play in the Q.

Next year you have to take the draft over.

come to Kingston

all the beer you ca drink on me for all the work you do!

It's a lot of work but I enjoy it, I hope everyone else likes the articles up there (the final one is similar but with a lot less scouting reports obviously).

Subban to Vancouver at 115, just when I thought the Habs may take him.

At 116, the Habs take Slovak F Martin Reway.

Another midget in Reway.

From one extreme to the next, it appears...although I'm not complaining with Lehkonen or Andrighetto, both of those are nice picks at those spots.

With the Habs off in the 5th round, I'm going to pop in the chat room for a bit to talk about the picks if anyone's interested. Just make sure to send a message to let me know you're in there. :)

Yep, he has a lot of family there.

Still no d-men, I'm a little disappointed in that. I know it wasn't a big area of concern but I was still hoping for at least one to be picked.

We're pretty deep in defence. We were thin on the left wing and in size/grit. That's what this draft certainly was for.

Yep, he has a lot of family there.

Still no d-men, I'm a little disappointed in that. I know it wasn't a big area of concern but I was still hoping for at least one to be picked.

Vancouver got our D one pick before we could ;)

Yes, overall the top 3 were decent picks. Fucale was a steal. The Calgary fans i'm sure are screaming. They could have had Fucale and Erne. Instead they got 2 mid 2nd round players.

I'm in the minority but I just don't think Timmons is that great. Not the worst, not the best. I could have picked the 3 from last year and Fucale fell into his lap.

We're pretty deep in defence. We were thin on the left wing and in size/grit. That's what this draft certainly was for.

I know the depth is there at the pro (or soon to be pro in Thrower/Dietz's case, Thrower may sign for this year) level but beyond Didier/Bennett, there's little for unsigned depth. I think there's room for one with this last pick. They're certainly adding LW's although a few of these guys are multi-position players which is even better.

Yes, overall the top 3 were decent picks. Fucale was a steal. The Calgary fans i'm sure are screaming. They could have had Fucale and Erne. Instead they got 2 mid 2nd round players.

I'm in the minority but I just don't think Timmons is that great. Not the worst, not the best. I could have picked the 3 from last year and Fucale fell into his lap.

The Internet is full of amateurs who clearly think they are better than professionals.