Montreal at Calgary | October 9th, 2013 | 2000

lazy26

Interesting... Briere ends up out with Eller and Gally... Looks instantly better..

I haven't come down hard on Briere yet only because I believe DD could make anyone look bad when centering them.

horrible penalty

Well PK was the best Hab tonight.

Too bad they called that.

hard not to, after 4 cross checks

Typical habs loss... Spot them three goals before waking up... This was two points they should have had.

They need to stop pretending they are a contender after last year and stop working like they need every point.

Typical refs... Ignore several calls...PK yaks at them... Looking to make a call on him... PK has to know that and be careful.

Don't buy that. Yes the referring sucks. To make that call, the refs didn't even have to keep an eye on him. That was a dumb, dumb penalty. he probably would have gotten away with the first or possibly the second cross check. 4 straight like that any ref is going to make that call.

I love Subban, but that is what you call a selfish penalty.

Weak game. They were hemmed in their zone by a bunch of AHLers. I forgot what these western roadtrips were like. They didn't get it going until midway through the third. The Subban call was marginal, he was being a d*ck, but there are times when the refs leave those calls alone, because they disrupt the flow of the game, and make the officiating a major factor in the outcome. Oh well...hopefully they come out flying in Edmonton.

So what does the board think? Do you think MB leaves this defense alone, or makes a big change? I'd hate to give away Plex for someone like Nikitin, Edler or Gudbranson, but my God, is he ing stale!!!!

That's what happens when you have two top four defense.

Exactly! With forwards you can get way with 3 second lines, on D you can't have Subban, a number three and two third pairings.

And that Plekanec line, they do a fine job away from the puck, but can you remember a game where they were an offensive factor?!?!

Gorges hurt? OK one top four. Not even sure Gorges is a top four. Markov looks like a slow MAB so far this year, Diaz is so soff! Lol. Oh ya, forgot about Boullion. Good #5, but playing first pair minutes...