Ben Bishop
Anders Lindback

Team Leaders
G Steven Stamkos (14)
A Steven Stamkos (9)
PTS Steven Stamkos (23)
+/- Steven Stamkos (+11)
PIMS Radko Gudas (57)
Injuries: Keith Aulie, Brian Lee, Tom Pyatt, Mattias Ohlund, Sami Salo, Steven Stamkos
Scratches: Pierre-Cedric Labrie, Dimitry Korobov

Montreal Canadiens (9-8-1)

Projected Lineup

extralarge.png

Alex Galchenyuk - Lars Eller - Brendan Gallagher
Max Pacioretty - Tomas Plekanec - Brian Gionta
Michael Bournival - Daniel Briere - Rene Bourque
Travis Moen - Ryan White - Gabriel Dumont

Andrei Markov - P.K. Subban
Josh Gorges - Raphael Diaz
Francis Bouillon - Douglas Murray

Carey Price
Peter Budaj

Team Leaders
G Brendan Gallagher (8)
A P.K. Subban (14)
PTS P.K. Subban (17)
+/- Michael Bournival (+6)
PIMS George Parros (32)
Injuries: Davis Drewiske, Alexei Emelin, Brandon Prust
Scratches: David Desharnais, George Parros, Greg Pateryn

Puck Drop: 7:30 PM EST TV: RDS, Sun Sports Radio: TSN 690 FM 98.5

Well lets see what the other little francophone can do. I really hope Briere makes a difference, otherwise we have 7.5 million tied up in 2 guys who can't score. Except on an empty net, and I am not sure about DD being able to. We can't dump them, can't trade them, so we need at least one of them to become productive.

Well lets see what the other little francophone can do. I really hope Briere makes a difference, otherwise we have 7.5 million tied up in 2 guys who can't score. Except on an empty net, and I am not sure about DD being able to. We can't dump them, can't trade them, so we need at least one of them to become productive.

Tampa has same $7.5 tied up in one player who wont score for next couple months.

• Upvote 1

I don't like Briere either, but he hasn't had anything like the chance Desharnais has. First, UFAs often need time to adjust to new teams - so early struggles aren't unheard of. Second, Desharnais had about 15 games with prime ice time and generated absolutely SQUAT, while Briere had, what, 8 games before going out? What I'm saying is that there is at least some ground for some sort of cautious optimism that maybe, just maybe, Briere can bring a little something to the table. Lumping him in with the walking disaster that DD's career has become is premature and unfair.

It could go either way for Tampa tonight. Either they will be devastated by the loss of Stamkos, stunned, and therefore ripe for the taking; or they will rally, bear down extra hard, and grind out a number of excellent games before reality catches up to them. Knowing our luck, I'd say the latter ;)

• Upvote 1

Also worth noting with Briere is that he is playing his natural position (centre). He has spent the bulk of his time so far this season on the wing, a position he struggled with in Philly. The faceoff situation could be a problem though, he has been consistently below average there in recent years. I wonder if Bournival may take a few draws as a result.

I think Briere will do well as a third line center. Coming into the year, I felt better about having Briere as a center than a winger. That line has some potential, Briere making the plays, Bournival playing responsible defense, and Bourque down low. How long before they get called the "BBB" line?

I think Briere will do well as a third line center. Coming into the year, I felt better about having Briere as a center than a winger. That line has some potential, Briere making the plays, Bournival playing responsible defense, and Bourque down low. How long before they get called the "BBB" line?

Never. You surely know Montreal history! Just as the team gets healthy, the next heavy wave of injuries happens.

Sorry guys, just beating Cuke to the draw. :P

Errr, dunno what people are seeing with Patches, but he's doing all the right things... (this is watching last game). It's only a matter of time before he starts producing regularly.

I'll do the Neech thing: This is the night! Patches!

How many minutes into the game does Malone go crazy? I swear, I saw shades of Malone in Backes last week, but it didn't reach the off-yer-rocker level of Malone.

I'm rather intrigued to see Briere at C. I was hoping that he would be tried there at some point. I'm not expecting Briere of 7 years ago, but hopefully he does well. It'd be nice if that signing ends up bearing at least a little fruit.

Guest Stogey24

I know we're coming off a win with Parros in the press box. Tampa has big defensive core that is going to be throwing the body around. Crombeen and Radko are going to be looking for a scrap after we put 5 goals up on them. Might not be a bad thing having George in the line up.

Crombeen's not a major heavyweight. He fights a lot but he can play too. This is one of the teams where it makes perfect sense to sit him. As for their D, it's physical but only Gudas can really fight...and he only has 3 on the year which leads Tampa.

I think we have to face the facts that most teams have some tough cookies in their lineups, whether it be in the form of goons or just bruisers. If we're going to fret every time we play a team with such players, then we'd have to dress Parros every night.

Crombeen's not a major heavyweight. He fights a lot but he can play too. This is one of the teams where it makes perfect sense to sit him. As for their D, it's physical but only Gudas can really fight...and he only has 3 on the year which leads Tampa.

Labrie isn't a malicious goon, and Crombeen is about as tough as Gregory Campbell and Ryan White. Gudas isn't too dangerous...unless you squirt him with a water bottle from the bench.

Guest Stogey24

Labrie isn't a malicious goon, and Crombeen is about as tough as Gregory Campbell and Ryan White. Gudas isn't too dangerous...unless you squirt him with a water bottle from the bench.

Crombeen led the league in fighting majors last year. He can throw with anyone. I was just saying it wouldn't be a bad idea to have George around with Moen still wearing the visor and White just can't fight.

Crombeen led the league in fighting majors last year. He can throw with anyone. I was just saying it wouldn't be a bad idea to have George around with Moen still wearing the visor and White just can't fight.

White would be a decent fighter if he ever got a decent grip.

Guest Stogey24

White would be a decent fighter if he ever got a decent grip.

Yeah, he can throw... I shouldn't of said White can't fight. He does just bite off more than he can chew a lot of the time

Actually excited to see Briere play center with offensive wingers. Even before the season, it was well-known that he produced better at center. The fact that he will probably be playing 3rd-line minutes should allow him to be matched up against lines that can be exploited.

Go Habs Go!

Even without Stamkos, the Bolts are a dangerous team. I saw them play in Detroit on the weekend and they have 3 lines that can score. St. Louis always brings his 'A' game against the Habs too.

I get to watch the Tampa feed on Centre Ice tonight. They were giving PK some props for his play this season.